SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Sage User

What is most stable driver version for HD-PVR?

hello -

i'm having stability issues with sage v6 and an hd-pvr and so i'm going to try updating to sage v7 to see if it helps. i haven't updated the driver for my hd-pvr in a while (because it seemed at the time that there was one version that was pretty stable but newer ones introduced issues). i'm wondering if there's general agreement that a particular version of the driver is the best one to use. just want to make sure i have everything set up to succeed.

btw, i'm running this all on a windows 7 machine.

thanks,
tu

p.s. sorry if this has already been answered...i've spent 15 minutes trying to get the search functionality here in the forums working but i keep getting "no results" of my search, regardless of what i enter in as a search query.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Here is a thread discussing the lastest beta (7.1.7) and HDPVR drivers if you are going to go that route,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55436
Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4uecker View Post
hello -
p.s. sorry if this has already been answered...i've spent 15 minutes trying to get the search functionality here in the forums working but i keep getting "no results" of my search, regardless of what i enter in as a search query.
The search utility on this forum is really not very good. I recommend using Google instead - you can force Google to just search this forum (and not the entire internet by adding " site:forums.sagetv.com" to the end of your search term.

Example: to search the forum for "HD-PVR Driver", go to Google and type:
"HD-PVR Driver site:forums.sagetv.com" in the search box.

This "site:" keyword is super-useful and will work on Google for any website. I haven't tried with other search engines, but I imagine Bing and Yahoo! have something similar.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR