SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Lets talk about version 313

So 313 is a pretty minor release - not a lot of new functionality in this release, it is mostly bug fixes and some cleanup.

Changes :
1) Banner Flow and Grid Flow are both selectable now as the default UMB.
2) Customization of the Landing Zone menu works better now - it is similar to how you change the priority of favorites. Right arrow puts you in 'move' mode where you can reposition the item. Right again will drill down to a submenu if there is one.
3) Trying out a new Main Menu (the one you see after hitting home once). Let me know what you think about that one.
4) Menu organization in the Global Options menu is streamlined (again) This changes every release I know, but I think it's pretty good now.
5) The Options presented for each area (Landing Zone, UMB, etc) list the context sensitive ones first, then global. You'll see what I mean once you open one of these up.
6) Misc other stuff - I'm sure there are some other changes in there, but nothing large jumps to mind.
7) Title sort has an option to ignore leading articles (The, An, A) - the default views that use a Title sort have been updated to use this.
8) There's an option buried in there somewhere to disable season specific fanart.
9) 'Manage Fanart' option is now available in the Detailed Info popup - lets you chose the default Banner / Poster / Background for an item or group of items. This only applies changes to existing media files - so if you get a new recording next week of The Real Housewives of Springfield it won't use the defaults you set here. Just warning ya.

btl.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I was trying to get the VFS state saving before I did a build, but after making all the changes (and it's not working ) I can see it's going to be a bigger job than I had hoped

I'll try to push out a Phoenix build tonight with the 313 changes.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

On a side note... not sure if this link is accessible to everyone or not... but here's a video of my puppy playing fetch

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150191323897536
Old 05-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

So when can we download and install :-)

Btw did u experience the sloW ui with the new sagetv beta.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't seen anything particularly slow yet. But I haven't upgraded to the latest beta either.

btl.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

Yea I upgradEde and everything I read said that going back from this new release is a bit tricky.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
On a side note... not sure if this link is accessible to everyone or not... but here's a video of my puppy playing fetch

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150191323897536
So now every post I see of yours I read in a Canadian accent, eh. Can't help it. You can put a Texas drawl on mine if you like.

btl.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

313 has been posted. You can update the old way, or, you can do the following...

- From Phoenix Option Menu goto Sage and SageTV Plugins, and then update the phoenix core plugin (should be 2.3.31). (will require a restart)

- From the Phoenix Option menu goto Admin Tools -> Update Phoenix. This will download the new phoenix 313 and while it's not required to reboot after you update this package, I restart sagetv server just the same, just to make sure that the new menus are loaded.

- Also, because 313 is a new stv, then you'll need load the 313 stv in the detailed setup.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Sage Icon

Love the season view, but i noticed that when i go into say Simpsons i see all the seasons right. Over on the right where it shows the number of shows in there, the titles all say Simpsons rather than the individual shows title. when clicking into the season i then see the show name listed. Any chance we can get the show title in the list on the season screen?

Also so far i am really digging the the new "home" screen where the toolbar pops out from the left. is clean, looks pretty and doesn't take away from what is the main focus of the screen. I like it!

I am also having a bit of trouble with the Wall view. IT has never actually worked right for me. IT brings up all of my dvds/blurays but the page flipping is sooo slow its almost unusable. it is roughly 7 seconds between page flips. Any idea why? Is there something i can provide you that may help diagnose the problem, or is this simply a (i haven't had time to address this issue but i know about it problem?)
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So now every post I see of yours I read in a Canadian accent, eh. Can't help it. You can put a Texas drawl on mine if you like.

btl.
In Canada, I don't have an accent... eveyone else does

Actually my accent is hybrid accent of growing up on the east coast for 18 years and central canada for another 20
Old 05-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Sage Icon

That blows my mind to think of what that even sounds like ya hoser :-D
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

just found an odd bug with 313

wehn watching tv hit the stop button, then hit ok on stop, the popup box will go away, but then will flash 5 times before returning you to the previous menu.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I've seen that before, although I'm not sure what triggers it. But it's been around for a while.

Where you watching on an extender?

btl.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

yup hd200
Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

1) doesn't seem to do it on my hd300s
2). On the season views can be maybe get season banners? Pretty please :-). Wifey likes that a lot.

I was also wondering if y guys were planning on incorporating Netflix and July with eps plugin? I know at one point u guys said if we do our job right we won't need any other Plugins but wanted to ask.

Or what would be really cool is an entirely new interface for Netflix and hulu to integrate with playon.

Everything else so far with this release other than what I mentioned about the hd200 issue and slowness due to sage beta, this release is pretty solid. Ad always awesome awesome job!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think we download season banners at all - I've mainly seen season backgrounds / posters? Maybe we do I don't know.

We'll put that on the list of features to look at adding.
btl.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Way to avoid the Netflix hulu :-D

I know bmt downloads them. If u go into a show u can see different season banners if they are available from the source to dl.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post

I was also wondering if y guys were planning on incorporating Netflix and July with eps plugin? I know at one point u guys said if we do our job right we won't need any other Plugins but wanted to ask.
It took me a few reads to decipher this! Especially the July part...

My wife is a netflix addict and bugs me a least every 3 days. "So does it work yet?" ... "How about now...?" "So where do I find Netflix on this new system?" Drives me nuts

Please help my wife's impatience!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

I gott give props to iPhone autocorrect for that one :-)

Sorry :- D
Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

I figured that or drunk texting was the cause