SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I don't think we download season banners at all - I've mainly seen season backgrounds / posters? Maybe we do I don't know.

We'll put that on the list of features to look at adding.
btl.
BMT does attempt to download season specific fanart (banners, posters, and backgrounds) so if the show has season banners on tvdb then bmt should fetch it.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

Bialio - on the season view would it be possible to put a watched indicator next to the episodes on the right detail pain next to the episodes we have watched? otherwise when scrolling through the list of season folder you have to jump down into the show list before being able to tell if you watched all the shows or not....or more importantly where you left off.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Which UMB are you using? I know there aren't a consistent set of icons between the different browsers, some show watched, some show HD, etc. That's on the list of things to clean up.....

btl.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

I am using single list.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Possible feature request. This one comes from my wife actually.

if you are at a top level folder for seasons, for example Spongebob and hitting ok of course takes you in, what if you could hit play on the top level folder and have Sage play all items in the child folder....

I think diamond does this already and she really loves this feature. With kiddos and cartoons that are only 10 - 15 minutes long, i can def. see this being useful.

what do you all think?
Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Possible feature request. This one comes from my wife actually.

if you are at a top level folder for seasons, for example Spongebob and hitting ok of course takes you in, what if you could hit play on the top level folder and have Sage play all items in the child folder....

I think diamond does this already and she really loves this feature. With kiddos and cartoons that are only 10 - 15 minutes long, i can def. see this being useful.

what do you all think?
I like that implementation too. +1 for me
Old 05-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Bialio can we get an idea if you and meinmaui are planning on playon support, netflix/hulu?

im debating weather or not i want to just make wifey use the wii for netflix, or if i want to buy a roku in hopes that we can get loopback working.

what do you guys do for netflix/hulu? currently i use playon and the online services menu which is ok i guess, but not as easy as the wife would like.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

We do intent to support playon in the VFS. That's the next big feature that we'll deliver.

Some kind of loopback / Colossus / roku solution isn't out of the question but we haven't even talked amongst ourselves about it.

btl.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

We use the Wii, Roku and Sage at various TV's around the house. Each platform has some unique features and having the 3 alternatives allows us to stream different programs from Netflix simultaneously to different TV's (with playon you can only stream one). But as bialio said, this is definitely a planned feature.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet!

I'm thinking abougettig a roku and would def be willing to help figure out how to code a core Phoenix feature that use Lioopback or whatever.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I started this... but then I stopped I downloaded the playon trial and I was trying to communicate with it using upnp, but it was a challenge. I haven't given up on it, but my trial has expired now I'll buy the yearly license and start work on this again. PlayOn is also a windows app, which means that in my development, I'm basically running a windows vm session to communicate with it... all these little nuances sort of made me lose interest
Old 05-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Nice! Well I am def willing to helP out and figure out the most workable solution. Loopback seems pretty interesting. Playon has just been a problem for me when I was using diamond and such. About 1 out of ever 4 times playing something that was imported into recording or whatever would play the wrong shows.

That being said I had never had the wrong file play going the long route of online services...
Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Finally upgraded...

I gotta say I don't like this quick menu that pops up after hitting home once. I just don't like the aesthetics of it and I wish just pressing "Home" once would return me back to the main menu. There's nothing really on this menu that I would use as well. I've also noticed sometimes pressing Home a second time will just show the background image and nothing else instead of the main menu

Poster grid navigation feels a little snappier, but it still needs speed improvments (I'm using an hd300)

Also I'm loving the image manging from the stv now! You should make it refresh the images though when you delete one...

Last edited by Gustovier; 06-01-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Sage Icon

I agree about the menu that comes up after hitting home. I personally would rather that be an option to toggle... Aesthetically for me it's fine. It's more utilitarian for the way my family uses Phoenix. A single click of the home key to bring us back to the box landing zone would be perfect.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Sage Icon

While i sort of agree, i def. see where bialio et. al were going with the quick menu. In my opinion one of the biggest issues with the current default STV, diamond, etc as well as other home media UI's is that they are NEVER media centric. The ui while it may be flashy it always seems to take away from the entire purpose of the setup MEDIA!

so in my opinion the quick menu is spot on from a deisgn and usability perspective. if i am watching a show, why do i necessarily want to navigate all the way back to the home screen just to see my media play in a window, or in the background? i personally don't.

that being said i could def see modifying a few things and using the OSD/mini guide concept to allow the user to browse more areas of the sage setup with a less intrusive style. So for example if i am watching a show or better yet wifey is watching a show and i want to look at say a movie. I could hit the quick home menu navigate to videos, and instead of it poping up the default videos screen with media playing in the background it could maybe popup a miniguide style videos menu at the bottom.

just an idea but either way i see arguments for and against the quick screen. NICE job phoenix team!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

I totally agree Pix At the same time, I'm only advocating for a way to toggle it on and off. Then it can suit anyone's needs.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

What bugs were fixed in this version? I don't think Im noticing anything. At least none of the ones I've listed out over the past couple of months.

Also when in a umb the search function that get to from the action menu(by pressing ffwd) needs some love. When ever you select a letter it puts it in there twice. The keypad doesn't seem to work properly here as well. Since I could see this a very common function to access is there a way to make it easier to access as well?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

The change log for 313 is at the top of this thread.

btl.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

I found another strange ui issue the other day:

here is the scneario:

1) watch live TV
2) let live TV buffer for a while in my case about 20 minutes
3) proceed to let live tv play
4) I have comskip running on livetv and processing in real time
5) auto comskip works correctly on initial file of live tv.
6) once the show flips to the next show int he live tv buffer, it appears that there is an error in the phoneix ui. what happens is the status bar, and the "Skipping Commercials...." text will remain ont he screen even when not skipping commercials. pause, brining up another menu, whatever will not fix it. The only thing that fixes it is to stop the playback and start the file over.