SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohan View Post
When changing the name of a recurring recording, only that instance changes - the subsequent ones do not change. Is this the way its meant to be (as in you haven't had a chance to implement this yet) or possibly a bug.
It should change all subsequent recordings but not change any recordings that have already been made.

As mkanet pointed out, the timed recordings must be made with the plugin installed. I did not test to see what happens on timed recordings that were created before the plugin was installed. (I know I probably should test this scenario....)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I figured it shouldn't be happening I didnt do anything weird, I swear. I dont even think you can set up a timed recording any other way, there's just an extra step to add a name, which I did. After selecting the name (using your enhancement) and subsequently "weekly" or "daily", I get those messages.

It looks like it's trying to find a show called the name I gave it immediately after selecting frequency for reoccurring events. I dont think it happens for a single, one time event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
That shouldn't be happening. Can you tell me exactly what you did to produce the error?

Warning: I'm out of town for two days and busy most of the week. I may not get back to you until Thursday.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Can you also rename "Timed Record Recurs Daily" or "Timed Record Recurs Weekly" to the respective names as well? It doesnt make sense to keep these at the default:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Can you also rename "Timed Record Recurs Daily" or "Timed Record Recurs Weekly" to the respective names as well? It doesnt make sense to keep these at the default:
This is happening because of the other bug you reported. Please reproduce the "can't find Airing" error and send a logfile for me to look at.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Ohhh... so, those ARE supposed to be renamed as well? I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be renamed as well or not. Apparently, they are supposed to. I will send you a log file as soon as I get home tonight. It seems I get that error or "Internal error. Airings=-0". I dont get these errors if I try to rename existing timed recordings created by version 1.30. They all get renamed when looking at the interleaved schedule and other scheduled recordings menus; but still doesnt change the names in the menus I showed above.

PS: How do I revert back to the state before I added those manual timed recordings? Do I revert back to a previous Wiz.bin?

Quote:
This is happening because of the other bug you reported. Please reproduce the "can't find Airing" error and send a logfile for me to look at.

Thanks,

Tom

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
PS: How do I revert back to the state before I added those manual timed recordings? Do I revert back to a previous Wiz.bin?
The Plugin does not touch the wiz.bin. The name is stored in one or more of the following places:

- The ManualRecordProperty
- In a MediaFileMetadata property
- In a property in the sage.properties file.

There is currently no way to "revert" other than to rename it back to "Timed Record Recurs XXXX".

I'm off now to catch a plane.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

I just downloaded and tried to use this and I get an Internal Error when creating the recording. It worked but it just gave me the error.

Another bit of strangeness - when I go into Recording Schedule I see Timed Record - I had already renamed it to Rugby. But when I click on this recording it says "Options for Rugby" - so it knows that the name has changed but it is not displaying it in the Upcoming Recordings screen - This is the Interleaved Schedule. I also seem the same behaviour in the By Day Schedule but in the Parallel Schedule it shows the correct, changed name of "Rugby".

By the way - would it also be possible to be able to change the Episode Name as well as the title?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Wayner, it looks like you may be reporting the same issues I just mentioned. If so, maybe you wouldnt mind posting a log file? I wonder why tmiranda wasn't able to see this same behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I just downloaded and tried to use this and I get an Internal Error when creating the recording. It worked but it just gave me the error.

Another bit of strangeness - when I go into Recording Schedule I see Timed Record - I had already renamed it to Rugby. But when I click on this recording it says "Options for Rugby" - so it knows that the name has changed but it is not displaying it in the Upcoming Recordings screen - This is the Interleaved Schedule. I also seem the same behaviour in the By Day Schedule but in the Parallel Schedule it shows the correct, changed name of "Rugby".

By the way - would it also be possible to be able to change the Episode Name as well as the title?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

This doesn't happen every time but so far I am about 2 for 4.

It would also be nice to have this functionality in the Web UIs (both regular and mobile) as that is what I normally use for setting Timed recordings. I find the Sage UI kind of painful for timed recordings, especially when the recording is on channel 569!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This doesn't happen every time but so far I am about 2 for 4.
I'm 2 out of 3. (the "internal error" message showed up two out of three times that I created timed recordings). Everything works, but I got the error message.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe we should just wait for Tom to get back on Thursday. It seems to work the same way on other people's sageTV setups.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Obviously there is a bug. Can one or two of you please post a logfile and tell me the details of the timed recording you are scheduling:

- Channel
- Start time
- Stop time
- The name you picked
- The recurrence
- Any other timed recordings scheduled at the same time on different channels?
- Any other timed recordings scheduled on the same channel?

I'm booked up until Friday so sorting this out will probably be a weekend project.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

I have not reproduced this problem. Can somebody post a log please?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can't reproduce this either Are you using Diamond by chance?

Old 06-11-2011, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

I see one thing that may be causing the "Internal Error" message. Here is something to try. I was too lazy to make a plugin manifest so please follow these instructions to install:

- No need to stop Sage.
- Go to the SageTV/STVs/SageTV7 directory.
- Rename NameTimedRecording.stvi to NameTimedRecording.stvi.bak
- Download the attached file and unzip to the SageTV7 directory.
- Go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and look for "Set Full UI Package".
- Select SageTV7.xml

What this does is replace the NameTimedRecording STVi and force the UI to reload all of the imports.

Please let me know if this works or not.

Thanks,

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip NameTimedRecording.zip (29.0 KB, 133 views)

Old 06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Tom, I still get the error; and still see the generic "Timed Record Recurs Weekly". I'm certain I'm using/imported the new STVi.

My wife is due for a baby in the next couple of days or so; and, may not have time to produce a log. If it's reproducible by everyone who has tried the plugin except for you; you may consider looking at what's different about your setup (ie, plugins that are not publicly available or rarely used).

Thanks for all your hard work,
Michael

Quote:
I see one thing that may be causing the "Internal Error" message. Here is something to try. I was too lazy to make a plugin manifest so please follow these instructions to install:

- No need to stop Sage.
- Go to the SageTV/STVs/SageTV7 directory.
- Rename NameTimedRecording.stvi to NameTimedRecording.stvi.bak
- Download the attached file and unzip to the SageTV7 directory.
- Go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and look for "Set Full UI Package".
- Select SageTV7.xml

What this does is replace the NameTimedRecording STVi and force the UI to reload all of the imports.

Please let me know if this works or not.

Thanks,

Tom

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-12-2011, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tom, I still get the error; and still see the generic "Timed Record Recurs Weekly". I'm certain I'm using/imported the new STVi.

My wife is due for a baby in the next couple of days or so; and, may not have time to produce a log. If it's reproducible by everyone who has tried the plugin except for you; you may consider looking at what's different about your setup (ie, plugins that are not publicly available or rarely used).

Thanks for all your hard work,
Michael
The baby is a little more important than the logfile Good luck.

I do most of my testing with no plugins installed and then with a variety of the more popular plugins. Until I get a logfile there is not much more that I can do.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My wife is due for a baby in the next couple of days or so; and, may not have time to produce a log.
That's OK - I don't think Tom needs a log of the delivery
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 10-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Name Timed Recording and Malore Recordings View Conflict?

Hi,

I really like the idea of naming my timed recordings appropriately and I really like the way this plugin works, but I find that when I have this plugin installed that the left column of the Malore Recordings View has a narrower width than when this plugin is not installed. It makes the names of the recorded tv difficult to discern. Has anyone else noticed similar behavior?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
Hi,

I really like the idea of naming my timed recordings appropriately and I really like the way this plugin works, but I find that when I have this plugin installed that the left column of the Malore Recordings View has a narrower width than when this plugin is not installed. It makes the names of the recorded tv difficult to discern. Has anyone else noticed similar behavior?

Thanks,
Brian
Can you post a screenshot so I can see what you mean? It should not effect the malore menus at all.