SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

HD300 Crashes Not in Video Playback

Last weekend, I wiped my stable 7.0 release and replaced it with the 7.1 RC, (and flashed my HD300 to the latest Beta). Since then, things have been unstable. Watching recorded TV, (HD or SD), or DVD/BluRay rips work fine. But if I let it just sit there on the screensaver, (like if video playback is paused or am just sitting on a menu), or am playing music via SlimPlayer, the HD300 crashes at about 13-19 mins. every time. (I have the screensaver set to kick in with a random slideshow of pictures at 5 min., so it's not that causing it.) The screensaver, (if running), freezes, there's no audio, (if audio is playing i.e. with SlimPlayer *OR* the built-in music player--yech), and I have to unplug the HD300 and plug it back in a few seconds later to get the screen to come back up. During these freezes, the HD300's blue light doesn't "flicker" when I press a button on the remote, which to me indicates a crash.

I don't want to revert to the released 7.0 software because most of the plugins I use (namely webserver, SJQ and SRE), don't load the latest version on 7.0. I flashed back to the non-beta HD300 firmware with no change in beavior.

I thought at first that this was a SlimPlayer issue as that's what I use the most for non-video playback, but after pausing a video playback for an extended time and seeing the crash, I realized that wasn't the case. I also tried moving the GUI around during playback to see if that extended the time before a crash, but it didn't--the crash happens around the same time even if the screensaver isn't running.

Any ideas on what's going on or how to narrow things down more??