SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage Expert

HD300 Automatically Turns Itself On?

Just did a fresh install of my server last weekend. Now, whenever the SageTV service starts, my HD300 gets automatically turned on. This isn't a bit deal, just a minor annoyance. Has anyone seen this happen before? Server is Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium (same as it was before).

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Normally, extenders turn off when the server stops and do not turn back on when the server restarts. Most people wish they would turn back on, so there's a feature in the SageTCPServer plugin to do that. Do you by any chance have that plugin installed with that feature enabled?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Do you by any chance have that plugin installed with that feature enabled?
You're awesome! I had installed this plugin to try out the iPad plugin (which I haven't gotten around to purchasing yet), I didn't even know there was a setting in there for this (I haven't touched the config since installing it).

Thank you.

P.S. Congrats on post 5000.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Normally, extenders turn off when the server stops and do not turn back on when the server restarts. Most people wish they would turn back on, so there's a feature in the SageTCPServer plugin to do that. Do you by any chance have that plugin installed with that feature enabled?
I actually wanted this functionality -- I installed the SageTCPServer plugin, and I don't see that there's an option to actually configure anything. Is installing this plugin all I have to do, or is there a setting beneath one of the dependencies?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to go to Sage Plugins-Installed Server plugins-General and click on the SageTCP Server plugin. Choose-Configure Plugin. The first option to configure is "Autoreboot all the extenders on the restart of this plugin". Make it True.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You need to go to Sage Plugins-Installed Server plugins-General and click on the SageTCP Server plugin. Choose-Configure Plugin. The first option to configure is "Autoreboot all the extenders on the restart of this plugin". Make it True.

Gerry
AHA! I learn something new every day. When I first installed the plugin, and went into installed plugins, there was no "Configure Plugin" option, just the usual "Uninstall" and "Disable" type options. Lo and behold, a couple days later it is there. I must not have allowed it to restart either the UI or SageService - that's the only thing I can think of.

Either way, kudos!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck55 View Post
I must not have allowed it to restart either the UI or SageService - that's the only thing I can think of.
If you are running in service mode and use the Server's UI too, there are known SageTV issues with the automatic restarting of the server/plugins...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad