SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix Build 403

It's in the plugin repository. Just update the PhoenixUI and it will also update the Phoenix core as well.

Here's the release notes as provided by bailio and meinmaui...

[quote]
1) Full Screen EPG
2) Landing Zone:
Option to set the gradient level for cross bars in Horizontal and Cross
Added 'Customize Landing Zone' to the Global Options (contextual) menu, can be hidden
Recording activity refactored to show more consistently, also now it is 'Recording Soon' instead of today, looking at the next 24 hours rather than from now until midnight.
3) UMB Settings : new option to 'Show Watched Icon' in list items. Values are Never, TV, TV & Home Video, Always
4) Video OSD Settings : new setting to specify the alpha value of the OSD mask.
5) Landing Menu Customization
Removed most of the hidden by default entries in the Landing Menu
Added the ability to add Menu's and MenuItems to the Landing Menu
Menu Items that are added are currently limited to Media Browsers - the UI guides you through selecting a View and Browser to use.
6) Combined / consolidated vfs.xml and x-vfs.xml.
7) New skin called 'Ice'
8) Action Menu (UMB)
enabled filters. Filters are not sticky.
added ability to remove a sort / filter / group
9) EPG Updates
Added day of week to the date shown in the top left corner.
Added option in Option Menu to goto the current time
Handle the record button
Direct entry of channel number now goes to that channel in the guide
For items in the guide that are currently airing, a delay before tuning is introduced when 'Select' is pressed. During this delay, you can hit 'select' again to see the detailed info, or 'left' to cancel tuning. Default duration of the delay is 2 seconds.
10) Moved Single List UMB and Detailed Info screens to use the Global Program Info - makes the info presented there more consistent with other places in the UI.
11) Added listener for 'SageTV Recordings' event. This is the 'Videos' key on the Sage remote control. Goes to the TV view with the Default UMB by default, although this mapping can be fully changed in XML / properties.
[quote]

Quote:
Moved the umb play/watched listeners into themes and added don't like listeners.
Added the play/watched/don't like listeners to the Box landing zone
Added a mouse click listener to the message alert icons to bring up the system messages display.
Added umb options to disable the media count and media path displays at the bottom of the screen.
Good luck.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Looks like some funny things are happening with the ffwd and rewinds now. They aren't working as smoothly and the newer "Netflix style" ffwd and rewind seems to not be working as well. This seems to impact recorded content more than imported media(mkv's etc...)
Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't see an issue with Netflix style, although I do see what you are talking about on the normal ones.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing of note with this build - some of the Menu Items on the landing zone that you are used to seeing might disappear. We've cleaned up the Landing Zone quite a bit so that there isn't as much hiding / un-hiding required.

Any menu that we removed can easily be recreated with the Customize Landing Zone Option.

btl.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the update!

One issue I am seeing is related to custom fan art. I have a number of TV shows that aren't in tvdb and don't have fan art. I created custom fan art and placed the files in the appropriate folders. After upgrading to 403 the custom fan art no longer shows up. I tried rescaling and no luck.

Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
Thanks for the update!

One issue I am seeing is related to custom fan art. I have a number of TV shows that aren't in tvdb and don't have fan art. I created custom fan art and placed the files in the appropriate folders. After upgrading to 403 the custom fan art no longer shows up. I tried rescaling and no luck.

Thanks!
I did make some changes to the fanart code to streamline things and to introduce folder level fanart. In my testing it didn't appear that I broke anything.

Using BMT, could you verify if the fanart location is correct for your items? Also, could you verify if the files in question have MediaTitle and MediaType set correctly?

FYI... Folder level fanart in this case refers to the following...
MovieFolder/Movie.avi
MovieFolder/folder.jpg
MovieFolder/background.jpg
Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Watched status indicator no longer shows up up on individual media items. It will show in the right list when a folder is selected (yo uwill see soe1oe W, s01e02 W. etc.) but when drilling into the list it doesn't show it.

Watched button on the remote also no longer works.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

There's a setting for the watched icon. You need to enable it in UMB options.

btl.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Using BMT, could you verify if the fanart location is correct for your items? Also, could you verify if the files in question have MediaTitle and MediaType set correctly?
I had one not showing the fanart, and it had the Media Type correct, but the Fanart Title was empty.

btl.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I had one not showing the fanart, and it had the Media Type correct, but the Fanart Title was empty.

btl.
I'm not sure why we'd have a case where the MediaType is set by the MediaTitle is not set... The metadata updater should set both of those fields.

I did do some changes to the why the "title" is resolved, so maybe we are seeing a side effect of this.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of other little improvements I'm noticing on a sub conscious level as well that aren't included in the change log.

Also should the items listed under "Recording Soon" on the landing zone appear so far down under the "recording soon" text?

FYI. I also added to the google code page a request to add season and episode numbers in more places throughout the STV (ie... EPG, in the show descriptions throughout the INFO instant menu)

Last edited by Gustovier; 07-27-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, the spacing on Recording Soon got all jacked up.

btl.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a setting to select which view is linked to the Recordings button on the remote?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes. You can get to it from the global options under the Phoenix UI tab.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Is there a setting to select which view is linked to the Recordings button on the remote?
There's a recording button? Is this the same as the "video" button on the hd300 remote?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage User

I am a new user to Phoenix and am having a few issues. The first issue is that I can not see the whole time line. I get Day,month and only part of the time at the top right of the main screen. Not sure what could be wrong with that. Also, when I go the the online page it quickly switches back to the main page. It does not do this with the default UI.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I did make some changes to the fanart code to streamline things and to introduce folder level fanart. In my testing it didn't appear that I broke anything.

FYI... Folder level fanart in this case refers to the following...
MovieFolder/Movie.avi
MovieFolder/folder.jpg
MovieFolder/background.jpg
The files in question don't have a .properties file, I just receive a notice at the bottom of the page that reads "This is a Sage Recording and you have Preserve Recording Metadata enabled, so some fields are not editable." The Fanart Title is not filled in, and if I attempt to fill it in it doesn't "stick".

The Fanart tab reads "\\media-pc\fanart\TV", so it's missing the title. That explains why it's not finding the fanart. Prior to the latest update these shows had the Fanart Title populated. How do I fix it (short of going back to the prior version)?

Thanks!
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Yes. You can get to it from the global options under the Phoenix UI tab.
I found that. Unfortunately I'm having a problem getting it to work how I want. I'm trying to get the recording button to call the exact view that the TV Shows view on the main menu calls. The difference I'm seeing is that the main menu calls it with a single list display and the recordings button calls it with banner view. My default is set to single list so I'm not sure why the banner flow is coming up.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I think I have it set for banner. There's a file (keys.XML) and it has the mapping. You can change it there.

There will be a way to do that via the UI sooner or later.

btl.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Sage Icon

I couldn't find keys.XML, but I found keymenu.XML. I can change to grid view, but I can't figure what the name of the Single List flow. Could you help a user out and tell me what the change should be?