SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Can I use a small/cheap android tablet to act as a Remote Control with QWERTY keyboar

I've spent a lot of time looking for a Universal remote control with a builtin QWERTY keyboard for my HD300. The only product I can find that might do this is:

http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/pro...-for-xbmc.aspx

I was thinking, maybe it's possible to use a very cheap, small (6" or so) Android tablet to act as a dedicated remote control (with a QWERTY keyboard) for my HD300. I'm not sure what app or web-based interface I would use to do this; and, if it would be better or worse than the above solution in respect to easy of use.

As far as I know the above two ideas PERIOD if I want to simply have one device to control sageTV and have the ability pull up any on demand youtube/movie/music sources within seconds.

Honestly, what I really wanted was the Tivo Slide to control my HD300; but unfortunately it meant for Tivo STBs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to have an extremely simple to use device that controls the HD300 with a builtin keyboard.

Thanks,
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-31-2011, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Only thing I can think of is look at Fonceur's TaSage.

TaSage

No reason that shouldn't work for you. Especially for the remote control you're looking for. Not sure about the full keyboard capability you're looking for. I've haven't used it enough as a remote. I had just been using it with the streaming to my android phone. And a couple of times got the wife out of a jam on the bedroom extender by taking control.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 07-31-2011 at 04:54 PM.