SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Basically down to art questions

First, thanks to everyone involved for the great UI. I'm very sorry for all the questions, but I'm new and have been working on my setup for awhile but still have some questions I can't find answers to. I hate to lump them all together, but just kind of made a list as I went along and was stumped. Thanks for any help!

1 - Can the 'Featured' window be removed from the Box view?

2 - Resolved

3 - Resolved

4 - When I navigate to that specific folder it gives me information (name of the folder, how many videos contained, etc.) and shows the background with the film strip. I noticed on the folder with ripped DVD's it picks a random screenshot from a movie rather than the default film strip. Some folders just show the filmstrip. Is there any way to specify which still it shows for each folder? Like, assign one?

5 - When boxart or a still isn't available, which of course it wouldn't be for personal videos and such, is there a way to setup automatically pulling a still from maybe a minute into a video clip to use when browsing video import folders?

6 - Resolved

7 - When you are going through the program guide and double click to get info on a show, it gives you the advanced option of getting metadata so that it will display fanart for the show\movie. Can this be done automatically? I've got fanart enabled, but is there a way to set it to automatically download when viewing a shows info in the guide? As it is now if I don't already have that fanart, I have to go to advanced, and click get metadata manually.

Last edited by lucasbuck; 11-28-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
First, thanks to everyone involved for the great UI. I'm very sorry for all the questions, but I'm new and have been working on my setup for awhile but still have some questions I can't find answers to. I hate to lump them all together, but just kind of made a list as I went along and was stumped. Thanks for any help!

1 - Can the 'Featured' window be removed from the Box view?

2 - Not sure if this is even possible. I have video clips broken down into categories such as: birthdays, vacation, tv series (that I've saved), etc. into folders. I can go under 'Video Imports' and it shows those labeled folders, but it also show all my Sage TV recordings below it. Those save to sagetv\videos which isn't added on my import list, but it still pulled them. Is there any way to prevent it from lumping them in?

3 - In regards to those category folders like vacation videos. Is it possible to add menu items to main video tab that would specifically just pull up videos in that folder? Rather than navigating down to that specific folder? In other words to get to the vacation videos I have to go to 'video imports', then select the 'vacation' folder. Can I put a direct link to a specific folder on the main menu itself?

4 - When I navigate to that specific folder it gives me information (name of the folder, how many videos contained, etc.) and shows the background with the film strip. I noticed on the folder with ripped DVD's it picks a random screenshot from the movie rather than the default film strip. Is there any way to specify which still it shows for each folder?

5 - When boxart or a still isn't available, which of course it wouldn't be for personal videos and such, is there a way to setup automatically pulling a still from maybe a minute into a video clip to use?

6 - Do I need to install the BMT plugin, or is it built in?

7 - When you are going through the program guide and double click to get info on a show, it gives you the advanced option of getting metadata so that it will display fanart for the show\movie. Can this be done automatically? I've got fanart enabled, but is there a way to set it to automatically download when viewing a shows info in the guide?
2 & 3 are possible, but will require some manual editing for VFS and Menu files. There are posts on how to edit those files. Basically it sounds like you'll be creating a bookmark into a view and for the menu, you can inject a view's contents as a submenu, or have have it launch a view.

6 - BMT is not installed by default, so if you want it, you'll need to install it separately.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! I've been reading about the scripting but am doing something wrong. I'll start a new post so that someone looking for the same help might stumble upon it, and leave the rest of my questions here in case someone knows the answers.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weather

Is there a way to put the weather in that "featured" box? 5 day maybe?