SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

There might be a big a bug in the updater. We'll have to look into that in the new year. I haven't noticed it myself, mainly because my extender is always turned off when not in use, so it appears to "update" for me.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There might be a big a bug in the updater. We'll have to look into that in the new year. I haven't noticed it myself, mainly because my extender is always turned off when not in use, so it appears to "update" for me.
Yeah, that may be it. I'm just running a very basic setup. Workstation with client, no server, no extender.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up Post .408?

Is there any possibility in rolling back to .408 till you have time in the new year to look into what's going on? I'm running the stock STV and it's killing me! .408 ran great. My issues, as far as I know, aren't with the weather but something else.

Even if it's just a download from a URL with manual install, not the official update via Sage process, would be fine with me.

Thanks for all your development progress over the year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

AWS
Old 12-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS View Post
Is there any possibility in rolling back to .408 till you have time in the new year to look into what's going on? I'm running the stock STV and it's killing me! .408 ran great. My issues, as far as I know, aren't with the weather but something else.

Even if it's just a download from a URL with manual install, not the official update via Sage process, would be fine with me.

Thanks for all your development progress over the year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

AWS
look in your /STVs/SageTV7/ directory for the backed up Phoenix.xml.XXX file (for me it is phoenix.xml.513) with the date 11/09/2011 rename it to phoenix.xml and you should be good... (this worked for me)
regards
hoep

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 12-17-2011, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

The last 100 or so releases of phoenix can be found here...
http://code.google.com/p/sagephoenix/downloads/list

It's a manual process, but you can downgrade.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

There are several phoenix packages at the code site for a given date and increments in between dates... there does not seem to be a release BOM - would be nice to have one for each release.

I assume the steps are to 1) remove all Phoenix packages using the UI uninstaller 2) manually install all the packages

Is there a script for unpacking and putting the pieces in right subdirectories? (i.e. SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix, SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7 etc)

I'm assuming the releases are:

Phoenix 409
-----------
phoenix-theme-2.3.409.zip
phoenix-stv-2.3.409.zip
phoenix-core-2.3.47.zip
phoenix-api-2.3.47.zip

Phoenix 408
-----------
phoenix-theme-2.3.408.zip
phoenix-stv-2.3.408.zip
phoenix-core-2.3.43.zip
phoenix-api-2.3.43.zip

Phoenix 407
-----------
phoenix-theme-2.3.407.1.zip
phoenix-stv-2.3.407.1.zip
phoenix-core-2.3.42.zip
phoenix-api-2.3.42.zip

Please let us know the recommended manual process.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Looking at the packages... the steps appear to be:

[Make sure you have identified the group of zip files associated with the release you want to restore to....]

0. Uninstall Phoenix and stop SageTV Service

1. Remove:

- all directories under SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix
- SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\phoenix.xml

2. Install: Phoenix-api (i.e. phoenix-api-2.3.47)

Under SageTV\SageTV\JARs

- remove old phoenix.jar files (old versions are phoenix.jar.xx as well)
- unpack new phoenix.jar in place

3. Install: Phoenix - core (i.e. phoenix-core-2.3.47)

- unpack to SageTV\SageTV

4. Install: Phoenix - stv (i.e. phoenix-stv-2.3.407.1.zip)

- unpack to SageTV\SageTV\STVs

5. Install: Phoenix - theme (i.e. phoenix-theme-2.3.407.1.zip)

- unpack to SageTV\SageTV

6. restart SageTV service
Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Sage Icon

7. Load the Phoenix STV in SageTV
Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up Thank You

Thanks for the great/detailed instructions stuckless & sflamm! I'm back on .408 and all is good.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

updater. We'll have to look into that in the new year. I haven't noticed it myself, mainly because my extender is always turned off when not in use, so it appears to "update" for me.[/QUOTE]

Here's an interesting observation, I think. I run Sage 24/7. I minimized the window, and when I maximized it again, the weather updated.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Sage User

I can not install Phoenix on my system at all. I installed Phoenix and it downloads the files and appears to download fine. I then restart the server and try to load the Phoenix UI but I only get the "loading Circle" or what ever you call it (I like to call it the circle of death). It will stay like this for at least an hour before I give up and shut off the computer. I even had to reinstall SageTV to get it to stop. I tried to install this on two different computers with the same result. I am not sure what is happening? I have installed previous versions without any problems.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

... right, this is the same behavior I had on .409. Load up .408 and all will be fine. The how-to is a few posts above.

AWS
Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

You might want to first quickly try: 1. uninstall Phoenix 2. Reload default STV 3. exit and stop service 4. delete the Phoenix directories 5. Restart service 6. reinstall and load Phoenix.

I have 409 running no problems.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Brent View Post
I can not install Phoenix on my system at all. I installed Phoenix and it downloads the files and appears to download fine. I then restart the server and try to load the Phoenix UI but I only get the "loading Circle" or what ever you call it (I like to call it the circle of death). It will stay like this for at least an hour before I give up and shut off the computer. I even had to reinstall SageTV to get it to stop. I tried to install this on two different computers with the same result. I am not sure what is happening? I have installed previous versions without any problems.
Just wanted to add that I have the same problem starting from a fresh clean install of Sage TV 7.19 and doing nothing but Initial setup screens then going to the plug in manager and installing the Pheonix UI and restarting before going to setup to load Phoenix.xml.

This isn't my first time trying to adopt Phoenix. In previous attemps with earlier versions of phoenix there have been screen draw problems where I select something and after selection that area of the screen remains blank instead of showing what was under the selection dialog box.

I have successfully tried Diamond only and SageMC on this Sage 7 box so I don't think there are issues with my box. SageMC has the expected issue with pictures on Sage 7 so it's not a viable optiion for me.

Sage TV 7.19 is running on WHS as a service and HD300s are the clients.
I uninstall Sage TV restart and delete the sage directory completely before reinstalling and trying Pheonix again just to be sure there are no conficts.
Attached Files
File Type: txt phoenix.log.txt (94.5 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by photon; 01-02-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Just wanted to add that I have the same problem starting from a fresh clean install of Sage TV 7.19 and doing nothing but Initial setup screens then going to the plug in manager and installing the Pheonix UI and restarting before going to setup to load Phoenix.xml.

This isn't my first time trying to adopt Phoenix. In previous attemps with earlier versions of phoenix there have been screen draw problems where I select something and after selection that area of the screen remains blank instead of showing what was under the selection dialog box.

I have successfully tried Diamond only and SageMC on this Sage 7 box so I don't think there are issues with my box. SageMC has the expected issue with pictures on Sage 7 so it's not a viable optiion for me.

Sage TV 7.19 is running on WHS as a service and HD300s are the clients.
I uninstall Sage TV restart and delete the sage directory completely before reinstalling and trying Pheonix again just to be sure there are no conficts.
There is certaintly nothing out of the ordinary in the log file you sent... everything phoenix related appears to starting normally.

Could you email me your Sage.properties and the sagetv_0.txt log from from a restart. You can send it to metadatatools at gmail dot com.

If you don't have a saget_0.txt log file, then enable sagetv debug logging.

Thanks,
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There is certaintly nothing out of the ordinary in the log file you sent... everything phoenix related appears to starting normally.

Could you email me your Sage.properties and the sagetv_0.txt log from from a restart. You can send it to metadatatools at gmail dot com.

If you don't have a saget_0.txt log file, then enable sagetv debug logging.

Thanks,
Data sent. Hope it helps!. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

AWS - if you are monitoring this thread can you try loading 409 manually (the way you reverted to 408) to see if that works? I'm wondering if there aren't some latent bugs in the download / un-packaging that Sage does - maybe timing related - that cause the packages to not fully extract.

btl.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah

Sure, will do tomorrow.

AWS
Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

.409 Manual Install Update

While trying to uninstall .408 from the UI, Sage says "There are no installed plugins of the type 'Full UI Package'. Under UI Mod all I have is "Phoenix compatability Features for Default STV".

Anyway. Performed a manual uninstall by exiting Sage, stopped the service and deleted the files/directories per the post above. Manually installed .409, started the service, went to Detailed Setup/Advanced/Set Full UI Package to Phoenix and got the spinning circle of stuck. No joy. I'll set the default STV back to default and run the default STV for a while or until you want me to try something else.

Sorry no luck.

AWS
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for trying. I don't know what might be going on. Maybe the logs photon sent stuckless will show something.....