SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Sage User

Flows Options - Views and/or Filters

I'm having an issue that I can't seem to solve for the life of me. I'm either missing something obvious, screwed something up in my metadata, or found a bug in Gemstone.

I'm trying to setup a View that will only show my movies (both recorded and imported). If I recall correctly, when I had originally set this up under Diamond, I was able to set a filter to include the movies folder where all my imported movies are located.

However I can't seem to replicate this under Gemstone. I can get views/filters which include recorded movies, recorded tv, and even imported tv. But I cannot get a view to properly include only my imported movies. I'm not sure if this is because I had adm installed previously and that's causing an issue?

I doubt this will be enough info to troubleshoot so I've been hesitant to post, but I can't seem to find an explanation for what I might be doing wrong on the forum. Would it be possible for someone to explain the proper way to setup a view which will only include either imported movies or imported & recorded movies?

So far Gemstone looks awesome. Thank you guys for all the hard work.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Sage Expert

It's hard to tell exactly without knowing how your files are laid out, but here are a few options that I can think of.

If your imported movies are all in one directory (or in subdirectories in one directory) you can use folder filters on a view to show only the movies in that directory.

Another possibility is to go to the view, press options, choose "View: ", choose "Other views" at the bottom. Make sure it says "Show advanced views: Yes" and then select Movies. On the next menu, choose 'Imported movies.'

I hope that does what you're looking for.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks, Dargason.

I have a 'Movies' directory with subdirectories for HD, SD, DVD, BluRay, Kids, etc. So while I can get by with folder filters, I'd prefer something that was able to include the top 'Movies' directory and possibly also include recorded movies.

I have "Show advanced views: Yes" and when I select 'Movie' I am presented with three options: All Movies, All Videos, or Recorded Movies. Normally I would expect "All Movies" to be the one I want - I would expect it to include Imported as well as Recorded movies. However, both All Movies and Recorded Movies are showing the same set of movies - that is, only recorded movies.

I checked BMT to make sure my metadata hadn't changed and the imported movies are still labeled as movies. However, I noticed that on BMT's ui, if I select either the "All Movies" view, the "Movies" view, or the "Recorded Movies" view I only see the same set of recorded movies. Might mean the issue isn't Gemstone? But now I'm not sure what else changed recently.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Sage Expert

I'm pretty sure "All movies" should be showing the imported movies too:

Code:
-<view label="Movies" name="gemstone.source.allMovies" flat="true"> <description>Movies from all sources</description>
 <tag value="gemstone"/> <tag value="gemsource"/> 
<view-source name="phoenix.view.primary.recordedmovies"/> 
<view-source name="phoenix.view.primary.importedmovies"/> 
-<presentation> -<sort by="title"> <option value="true" name="ignore-all"/> </sort> </presentation> 
</view>
If your imported movies aren't showing in BMT that's probably part of the problem. Have you changed your import directories lately?

Last edited by Dargason; 09-30-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

If a movie has the media type "movie" whether recorded or imported it should be showing up using any of the flows with the view set as Gemstone view "Movies". You shouldn't need to use advanced views for this as the "Movie" view was made for this.

I just checked mine that is set to sort by recently added and descending.

I then started a movie recording at it was displayed at the top of my list with all my imported movies.

I have my imported movies on one large Flexraid drive with each movie in it's own folder to keep Fanart and properties files together. I also don't manually sort my movies into folders that are base on genre or type as all the metadata can do this for you when you set groupings or filers (rating or genre etc).

I would try just setting the Flow to the Gemstone view "Movie" and it should do what you want.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the help guys. I'm still not sure exactly what happened, but it looks like it may have been a problem with a cache of my metadata. Just looking through BMT ui I was getting empty results for several views. A restart looks like it may have fixed it - at least on BMT. I'll have to wait until I get home to check the extenders and make sure they work.

Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Laurion
Relatedly

I had a view that would show all recordings, minus anything marked as archived, for which I had a second view. I can't seem to find a way to do this with flows. I can create a filter on watched status, but that isn't what I want. Any help?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurion View Post
I had a view that would show all recordings, minus anything marked as archived, for which I had a second view. I can't seem to find a way to do this with flows. I can create a filter on watched status, but that isn't what I want. Any help?
When you go into your View and hit options. Right below level overides click on view.

Then scroll all the way down to the bottom you will see other views. Click on that then TV. You will see some filters what you want is Recorded TV. You will also see Rercorded TV (archived) etc... To get you started I attached a pic of where you begin see the highlighted item.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg view1.jpg (78.8 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-01-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Sage Icon

@Laurion - Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of archived and how do you use that flag?

We haven't included "Archived" filtering so far in the Flows as none of us (Gemstone team) seemed to ever use it.

Maybe there's another way of accomplishing what you want with a combination of other settings/flags etc...

J
Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
@Laurion - Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of archived and how do you use that flag?

We haven't included "Archived" filtering so far in the Flows as none of us (Gemstone team) seemed to ever use it.

Maybe there's another way of accomplishing what you want with a combination of other settings/flags etc...

J

Good questions. We like to see a list of recordings we haven't seen yet, but the 'watched' flag isn't enough, as sometimes my wife or I will watch something without the other around, so we don't want to take it out of that 'current' list. Also, we have a lot of TV shows on DVD that I've ripped to the system, and I've added those to the recordings database, because Sage manages and displays recordings differently than imported videos (this has been the setup I've used for many versions of Sage, before Diamond/Gemstone). These are flagged as Archived so as to keep them separate from the other recordings.

I know I could use files and folders on the drive to sort things out, and then create flows based on those locations, but the idea was to have a setup that could be entirely operated from the remote, and setting the archive flag is easy to do in the info screen... something the wife has learned as well.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post

J
I filter by archived and it works just fine. It is under "other flows" TV. My significant other archives her recordings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Archived TV.jpg (157.0 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-01-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
When you go into your View and hit options. Right below level overides click on view.

Then scroll all the way down to the bottom you will see other views. Click on that then TV. You will see some filters what you want is Recorded TV. You will also see Rercorded TV (archived) etc... To get you started I attached a pic of where you begin see the highlighted item.
Thanks. I'd gotten all the way to the 'Other Views' part, but didn't realize that TV was a category of other views, and not somehow just a view itself.