SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Features of the weather system update

Here are a few of the new features of the updated weather system, based on data from Weather Underground. You will need to install both the STV and weather plugin updates.

1) Your initial location will be automatically determined by your IP address. Or, you can configure your location -- on the Weather menu, choose Options-> Change Weather Configuration.

2) While configuring your weather, you can choose from a variety of weather condition icon sets. If someone creates a themed set of replacement icons, those will be used instead.

3) In addition to your primary weather locale, you can configure up to 3 additional alternate locales. Each new locale will initially use the auto-ip location feature. The conditions for the primary locale are used in the header of the Main menu.

4) On the Weather menu, use the new Radar button to view radar maps. You can zoom in/out and animate the maps to view the radar changes over the past half hour or so. I think radar maps are only available for the US, Canada, and Australia; other places may just see a blank space on the screen instead of a map.

5) If there are any weather alerts for a location, the Weather menu will add the Alerts button - select it to read the alerts. A red icon will be displayed next to the temperature on the Main Menu's header if there are alerts for your primary locale. The alert icon will not be shown after viewing the alerts until the alerts change.

6) The Extended Forecast can be toggled between Details and Overview styles.

I think those are the main new features. The other features are similar to what was there before.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Big 'ol red dot after latest STV update

After the latest update that fixed Youtube videos again (big thanks!) I now have a big red dot at the top next to the temperature on the main screen. I live in central Ohio, and the only thing I can figure out that it *might* be is a weather alert - we have 1 for a freeze advisory.
I cannot clear it though. It's ...annoying me.

* merged; see above *
Old 10-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Andy. Being able to CLEAR the alert would be a great feature - our local frost advisory is in effect all weekend! This shall be known as the red marble Sage weekend.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Radar looks great

Appreciate the radar in the new update...

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Sage User

Is there a way to pick a specific weather station? Right now it apparently just picks the one that is on the top of the list that is returned, either for city name or zip. Neither of these is the one closest to my house (which happens to be my own weather station).

This is a minor point and I do realize that you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart and very much appreciate your efforts, so if the current results are as good as it gets, then that's ok.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Administrator

The weather plugin and STV have been updated. See the details for the STV v7.1.9.11, 2012101601, downloadable STV update. Be sure to update the weather plugin when you update the STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.