SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Sage Expert

More than 11 Flows?

So last night I was working on flows and VFS. Its seems I cannot add a 12th flow. When I try to add a new flow it just renamed the 11th flow and any changes I made changed the 11th flow.

Is this a bug, hard cap or something I can configure?

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Sage Icon

I have personally created more than that in the past and there should be no limit. Please log an issue so we can look into it. Include info on where you are trying to create them like client, extender, server etc.

http://code.google.com/p/gemstone/issues/list

J
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

And it won't create a duplicate with the same name and type so make sure you adjust those if that is the issue.

k
Old 10-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks guys! Playing with it, it seems my problem might be with the Flow manager. Here is what I did with flows:

1) Created default flows
2) Shut down Sage and spent time creating VFS
3) Edited the default flows to make new gemstone views
4) After the 11th one, it just kept editing the earlier one.
5) Removed all flows to star from clean
6) Added one flow, works fine
7) Tried to add a second flow, ran into the same problem.

Every time I create a second flow, it opens up with a default name of "Coverflow" and type of "coverflow". However, all the settings are for my only current flow of "TV All Title Alpha" (which is a custom List flow). When I go back, it has renamed my TV All Title Alpha flow to "Coverflow" and changed its type to "coverflow" (from list flow).

For some reason, I am doing something wrong, so that when I hit "Add New flow" its actually like I hit enter on my current flow. I am working on SageTV on the server but in service mode. The weird thing is if I do this from a client, it works fine, adds the flow as it should.

Now that I see what the problem is, the workaround is easy. Any idea, though, what I am doing wrong? I am navigating by mouse/keyboard on the server and remote control (via girder) on the client.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=23
Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Sage Icon

FYI - Most of what you are doing with your custom VFS are provided as options from the UI if you start from a base VFS already included. Filtering a folder location, filtering genres, sorting and grouping etc... Then you export the flows with these options and import to your other clients extenders. That is of course if you aren't doing something really tricky, then you will need to create the custom VFS like you have done.

Last edited by jorton; 10-27-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks again Jorton! I swear I searched, but I didn't search for the right thing .

I love the in-app flow/filter system, it is really awesome. I just got stuck and, actually, I forgot to post this. I ran into a small problem when trying to create a VFS via the flows manager.

If I choose the in-built "TV Shows (all)" VFS, I get the Gemstone info panel, which I think is great, that shows newest, next and and series overview. However, it was sorted by recent, and I wanted a view that did alphabetical. If I went into the flow and changed the sorting, it screwed everything up and files were no longer grouped by show. I could get it grouped by show again, if I grouped by title, but no matter what I did, I kept getting this:

http://i.imgur.com/0dkwS.jpg

If you see, on the right, the Gemstone info panel is showing a list of episodes instead of the great next episode, new episode, series info one.

Because I know that great info panel worked if I used the built in "TV Shows (All)" VFS, I figured if I made one myself it would fix this. Which it did. And then I had spent all the time learning how to make VFSes, it just became easier to crank out XMLs.

I took a screen shot because I was going to post about it, but then I got into VFS and that took the rest of the week .

Last edited by Opus4; 10-28-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: image too wide to post inline; changed to link
Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Either way of creating views is fine and if you feel the vfs editing works for you then that's great and you may want to share some of your vfs' with other users... there is a great vfs views forum under phoenix with info and you could add posts there or here.

For inside Flow Manager the KEY is that if you want to play with the presentation then you are best to use one of the BASE views listed as the source and then change the presentation from there.

And if I recall... the TV style info list on the right is triggered by the first level of the view being grouped by Show and containing TV items so it is recognized as a list of Series.

k