SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very basic PlayOn question

I didn't want to clutter up the main plugin thread (but feel free to merge it in if I was supposed to).

I've been playing w/ the playon plugin (and playon itself)...I think incorporating it into sage is very slick, but I do have one question...

Is there any way to make playon act more like another "video source" than an internet content browser?

By that I mean, lets say I wanted wanted to watch "Clone Wars". Rather than adding a "favorite" called "Clone Wars" and then things magically appear (and disappear); using Playon, I have to go to several different "channels" to search for "clone wars" and watch was was there, rather than having it delivered to me. (The exceptions being netflix and hulu)

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

I believe what you are referring to is content aggregation search capablities, which is similiar to what the Roku has implemented on their STBs several months ago.

AFAIK there is currently no way to do this cleanly in the playon plugin, but it has been a long time since I have used playon and the respective plugin from EP
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
you could use the playon playlater app that will download and record playon content for you to playback later
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is the same question I have. I have Playon and Playlater. I'd like Sage to be able to automatically find favourites on Hulu and "record" them using Playlater. Recordings would be automatically imported into my "recordings" and would be comskip processed externally.

The screen shots from Gemstone would seem to indicate that this can be done; but, I haven't managed to figure it out yet. Can anyone point me/us in the right direction?