SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Sage Expert

P2 Issues

After using Phoenix 2 for a while, My HD300 started crashing, even when I reverted back to Phoenix 1. I get the following error:

Phoenix Error

Error in Menu File:
.\userdata\Phoenix\Menus\phoenix2.menu.lzvideo_phoenix2.menu.lx.useritem.New Movies_fragment.xml;

.\userdata\Phoenix\Menus\phoenix2.menu.lzvideo_phoenix2.menu.lx.useritem.New Movies_fragment.xml (Access is denied)

Not sure if I did something wrong or not (I added a new menu item or two) prior to getting this message.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Sage Expert

Copied back over the P2 xml file with the original file and that seems to have fixed the issue.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

what original file are your referring to?

Regarding the 'Access is denied' issue - can you look in your directory :

.\userdata\Phoenix\Menus\

and see if there are any folders there? I've seen this a few times after creating a menu item - and it seems like somehow a folder / directory is created, instead of an .xml file. I suspect that Phoenix core is treating the folder like a file and then all hell breaks loose. I'm not sure what triggers this. I've seen it twice. Deleting the bogus folder clears the issue for me....
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Sage Expert

I thought copying over the original STV P2 XML file fixed the issue, but it didn't. You are correct, there is a folder at that location with this title: phoenix2.menu.lz.video_phoenix2.menu.lz.useritem.New Movies_fragment.xml (it's a folder despite the xml extension). I had added a few menu items previously and rearranged the order of one or two items, so maybe that triggered it.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

Here is a brief list of what I have found so far:

- Watched icon at season level is not present if the entire season has been watched.
- When no results found in search for metadata I get a completely blank screen. Maybe put a simple message in there to let the user know what happened?
- When you watch the Last item in VFS, and then delete and set watched after the item has played, You are returned to a screen that says there are no items defined in this view: please pick another view
- When using onscreen keyboard, more than once I navigated to the left side of the keyboard, hit left again, and was taken "Back" as if I pressed the back button on the remote. Shouldn't this either A) do nothing or B) wrap my selected object to the other side of the screen (so go from A to Return for example)

possible enhancements:
- At the Season level - show at bottom Next unwatched item?
- CS logo on screen when looking at media detail or show timeline?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
When you watch the Last item in VFS, and then delete and set watched after the item has played, You are returned to a screen that says there are no items defined in this view: please pick another view
What would you expect it to do in this case? I'm assuming this is triggered by view with 1 item in it that you watch and then delete?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Another issue I had yesterday is that when watching live TV, pressing up to show the show description, then pressing OK on the same show you're watching displayed a message that it was tuning the channel, but it never disappeared until hitting the back button.

With regard to the menu, is it possible to custom add a menu item like "New Movies" to another menu? I noticed that this item couldn't be moved from within its submenu and creating a new menu item didn't have this function as an option.

Aesthetically, I have two minor suggestions. First, the grey text box with the movie description ends up blocking almost all of the background fan art. Can this be a little transparent or somehow show more of the background?

Second, I enjoy having the guide be color-coded for shows (e.g., sports are green). Is this something that will be added later?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
What would you expect it to do in this case? I'm assuming this is triggered by view with 1 item in it that you watch and then delete?
I have a view that is all of my recordings grouped by show, then season. This view included recorded content as well as imported content which would in my wifes case anyway fall under "recordings". What happened was there were 40 show folders, each with their own seasons and episodes. I picked a show which only had 1 episode in it. when I watched then deleted it, it said no more items in view, which technically isn't true. there were still the other 39 shows with seasons and epsides in that view.

I guess I was expecting it to dump me back to my recordings screen rather than notify me that there were no more items in that view.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Sage Expert

Here's another one. Also, when watching live tv and two other shows are scheduled to record, you aren't given a choice to override one of the shows. I was only able to bring up the override in the picture by clicking on a show in the guide.

Edit, sorry for the upside photo, posted from my iPad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (535.2 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by Evil_Attorney; 04-29-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Couple of things I noticed. PC Client. 1920x1080 Samsung TV.

1) The font that tries to display the channel number during the channel change is very large. When typing in the digits, only one displays. On the second and third digits, the number shows as an ellipsis. Not sure if there is a setting to adjust this.

2) When bringing up the "mini-guide" at the bottom, the name of the show is partially covered by the information below it. This also occurs in the guide.

3) When hitting the enter button while watching, and the top and bottom bar come on screen, the current channel # is a little high and close to the title of the show.

4) When looking at the future airings menu. If you hit the enter button, it tries to play the show, and you must use the back button on the remote to regain menu control.

5) I like the way the music filters work much better, however I only am seeing an album cover when I first choose the artist. Once I scroll down into their albums, no album art is displayed.

Sorry, no pictures, but can get some.

All in all, seems very solid and quick. Love it so far, and WAF and CAF is positive!

Grant
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
Here's another one. Also, when watching live tv and two other shows are scheduled to record, you aren't given a choice to override one of the shows. I was only able to bring up the override in the picture by clicking on a show in the guide.

Edit, sorry for the upside photo, posted from my iPad.
This is actually intentional - I'll see about adding a setting to allow over-riding the default behavior.

I don't trust my kids, house guests (ie in-laws ) to make the right decision if faced with a 'Sage is about to change channels to record something' dialog, so I default it to just info. As you found, you can get around it from the EPG.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
This is actually intentional - I'll see about adding a setting to allow over-riding the default behavior.

I don't trust my kids, house guests (ie in-laws ) to make the right decision if faced with a 'Sage is about to change channels to record something' dialog, so I default it to just info. As you found, you can get around it from the EPG.
Oh, OK. I like that idea. Another option would be to create a secret override menu. For example, when the change channel notification comes up with the "OK" button, if you pressed "1" or something like that, it brings up the normal override options.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
3) When hitting the enter button while watching, and the top and bottom bar come on screen, the current channel # is a little high and close to the title of the show.
This is because you don't have a channel logo. For some reason, Sage tends to delete the 'GeneratedThumbnails' folder and if that isn't there channel logos don't work.

If you stop sage, create that folder (SageTV\SageTV\GeneratedThumbnails) and restart I think it'll work for you.

btl.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Second, I enjoy having the guide be color-coded for shows (e.g., sports are green). Is this something that will be added later?
It's there already. From the guide, open the options menu and select 'Customize this screen'. The last option is 'Category Color Alpha' - set that higher than the default and you'll see the colors more pronounced.

btl.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
Oh, OK. I like that idea. Another option would be to create a secret override menu. For example, when the change channel notification comes up with the "OK" button, if you pressed "1" or something like that, it brings up the normal override options.
I also like that the default behavior would be like that. Maybe "secret options" menu by pressing the Option button - that way it still makes sense for an advanced user, but no visitors/kids would think to press Option when you only see an OK button on the screen.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Ran into a situation where the default behavior was a bit strange. Lemme know what you think:

- The Watched status icon shows for an episode when the file is partially watched (no issues here)
- In the above scneario, at the media item level there is no indicator in the UI which states that the item is partially watched
- When selecting OK to play on an item i know is partially watched, it immediately starts playing from the position where I left off. There is no indication that the item is "resuming" just jumps right in.

I guess I was sorta expecting:
1) some sort of indication at the media item level that this item was partially watched
2) based on #1 either a) allow me to resume or start from beginning or B) * I think #2 becomes a non issue, at least for me, if I know the item I am selecting is partially watched.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, the resume prompt for that scenario is broken. It's on my list of things to look at.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Sage Expert

Testing out the update to P2 and noticed that selecting music by album shows genres. All other music menus seem accurate. Music screensaver seems to work too, though there was a bit of freezing on screen when new background images loaded up.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you haven't regrouped it manually. With the 'by Album' view open hit options then 'Reset to default' under VIEW OPTIONS.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

Yup, that's it. Not sure how it became grouped like that since it was the first time I've check out music playback.