SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

I struggle with whether there should be a visual indicator that there are menu items available by pressing Left/Right. Right now nothing visually guides the user on how to get from Tele to Video to Setup...
Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

At the end of an episode - feels like hitting Delete and then getting all the options is one step too many. The options are great if just deleting something out of a menu, but from the end of an episode it's always Delete & Set Watched for us - don't know how others feel about this. Maybe a default option could streamline this and remove a step.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Set Watched on the Options Menu seems to still work, but the Watched button on my remote no longer does...
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
I struggle with whether there should be a visual indicator that there are menu items available by pressing Left/Right. Right now nothing visually guides the user on how to get from Tele to Video to Setup...
Try the Vertical navigation option on the landing zone - it might work better for you.

I'll think about some kind of indicator that there are other menus on the horizontal version...
Old 05-13-2013, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Set Watched on the Options Menu seems to still work, but the Watched button on my remote no longer does...
Yeah, we've got an issue open to track the buttons on the remote that don't work. I'll get around to those soon.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Expect a stream of consciousness over the next few days
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Original Air Date in the TV Shows info dialog, please - only shows recording date which isn't very useful for anything that's a re-run.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

It just lost my Weather - now says Forecast for ______. Everything is still setup properly in the weather setup menu. Slowed to a crawl. HD300 stopped responding to input. Hard reboot fixed it.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

A little torn - I'd love to swap out the Inline Banner Flow for one of the List/Sage/Simplified Flows from Gemstone, but everything else is so good!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It just lost my Weather - now says Forecast for ______. Everything is still setup properly in the weather setup menu. Slowed to a crawl. HD300 stopped responding to input. Hard reboot fixed it.
Capture the sage logs for this if you can - from the server, sagetv_0.txt. Make a note of what time it happened so we can find in the logs if there was anything weird going on at that time...
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Also, I've taken to disabling all of the Gemstone plugins when I'm using Phoenix - they are still there in the background if you don't, and that can lead to weirdness.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Also, I've taken to disabling all of the Gemstone plugins when I'm using Phoenix - they are still there in the background if you don't, and that can lead to weirdness.
Yes, I uninstalled pretty much everything for now.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Capture the sage logs for this if you can - from the server, sagetv_0.txt. Make a note of what time it happened so we can find in the logs if there was anything weird going on at that time...
Debug logging turned on now
Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Commercial Detector doesn't trigger screening of new recordings anymore Autoskip of already marked recordings works perfect. I can manually trigger CD, but the ability for it to auto-screen new recordings seems to have stopped. Is there a known conflict between the two? Couldn't find much good searching...
Old 05-14-2013, 11:25 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what Commercial Detector is. Phoenix doesn't have anything that triggers comskip or SA on a new recording. If you were getting that from the default UI somehow, you'll need to set something different up.

I use SJQ to trigger commercial detection.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

It's a plugin that makes setting up near Comskip just about as easy as possible: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49958

Commercial Detector monitors for the recordings and triggers comskip to run. I'm just trying to figure out why it's detection of new recordings would differ when using Phoenix.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm not sure what Commercial Detector is. Phoenix doesn't have anything that triggers comskip or SA on a new recording. If you were getting that from the default UI somehow, you'll need to set something different up.

I use SJQ to trigger commercial detection.
Quote:
It's a plugin that makes setting up near Comskip just about as easy as possible: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49958

Commercial Detector monitors for the recordings and triggers comskip to run. I'm just trying to figure out why it's detection of new recordings would differ when using Phoenix.
I use tmiranda's Comercial Detector Plugin and I don't appear to have any issues. I've been running P2 for over a week, and all my recordings have comskip files automatically generated (as they did in original Phoenix UI)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Looks like manually starting it might have kicked it back to running again. There might have been an unrelated Commercial Detector update that got triggered and bugged while I was removing plugins/adding Phoenix.

//takes note to only do one thing at a time
Old 05-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
At the end of an episode - feels like hitting Delete and then getting all the options is one step too many. The options are great if just deleting something out of a menu, but from the end of an episode it's always Delete & Set Watched for us - don't know how others feel about this. Maybe a default option could streamline this and remove a step.
Just changed my mind about this. The UI is just so damn fast and responsive that you barely notice the extra 2 clicks.

Last edited by Naylia; 05-16-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Sage Expert

I know I mentioned this earlier but when you watch a live how and all your tuners are in use, you can't see what show you are canceling to watch the live show (the show title is cut off). During NBA playoffs, ths issue has been difficult to deal with.