SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I've seen this also, even back in P1.
btl.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just started using P2 and one thing I noticed is that P2 will let you go backwards in the EPG and select programs that are no longer viewable. It results in a message that says starting playback. it just sits there at that screen indefinitely (or at least as long as my patience would allow me to sit and watch it...lol)

Definitely not an issue for me, but for the kids and wife who are not as tolerant it is an issue.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

When playing a TV recording on HD200 from time to time video is not show an dialog "starting playback .." is shown permanently. I have to press the "back" button (no other key accepted) and then "stop". Trying a second ,third or fourth time to play the recoding is often sucessfull.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

I have seen navigating the menu back and forth will sometimes literally crash the UI (ungraciously and suddenly closes)
Old 06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the update.

Some issues I have seen in P2 release v201:

Bugs
-----
1. Upgrade left me with a blank menu - needed to uninstall and re-install Phoenix to get it to work

2. Going to Memories->Pictures , then navigating 'back' does *not* return you to 'Memories' menu as it should

3. The 'queuing' arrows are not 'active'/'hot' - clicking on them should take you forward and backward respectively

4. I changed the menu options to 'navigate vertical' but it did *not* take effect when I left the menu as expected - needed to refresh first...

5. Going to Video->Online Videos , then navigating 'back' does *not* return you to 'Video' menu as it should

6. On the 'Music' screen when playing a track there does *not* seem to be a way to go 'back' (navigate elsewhere) while a track is playing (requires playback to be stopped first)

7. Going to Memories->Pictures , then navigating 'back' does *not* return you to 'Memories' menu as it should

Enhancements
--------------
1. In the notice area at the bottom - clicking on the notice does *not* take you to the 'system messages' screen as it should.
There seems to be no easy way to navigate to the system information screen (many many clicks)

2. In the notice area at the bottom - clicking on the weather icon does *not* take you to the 'weather' screen as it should.

3. There does *not* seem to be a way to turn off the information about the amount of disk space remaining in the notice area

4. On the 'Music' screen when playing a track there does *not* seem to be a way to go add an entire album to a playlist (only each track)

5. On the 'Music' screen there does *not* seem to be a way to create a playlist (or edit)

6. On the 'Music' screen there does *not* seem to be a way to jump to or search for a particular album or song...
Old 06-14-2013, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix and Phoenix 2 have no intentional mouse support. That's by design. Some things work by clicking with a mouse but that's just items that support click / press type events.

Anything that takes you to the default UI doesn't take you back to that spot in phoenix that you were at when you left - this too is working as designed.

I navigate away from the Music screen all the time. I usually hit the 'Home' key to start, bug it seems to work for me. 'Guide' doesn't work from there, that's one of the things on my list to fix.

All the other Music issues work fine for me also - when you say
Quote:
On the 'Music' screen
which screen is that exactly? The Music OSD (ie the one with all the colors)? There isn't any kind of playlist manipulation from that screen.

From the media browser you can add stuff to existing or new playlists (with the exception of the 'Albums' screen - this one is missing the buttons, fixed for the next release).

As far as searching / jumping, in the browser you can do the alpha filter for the items in the current list to narrow it down to the items that start with that letter. Hit the digit keys while in the media browser to see this. This is the same for music as it is for TV and movies.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
which screen is that exactly? The Music OSD (ie the one with all the colors)? There isn't any kind of playlist manipulation from that screen.
Music->ByArtist-> Album -> Play song

When playing song neither 'back' or 'back arrow' work (what is expected)
'Home' button works and take me back to 'Music' (would not usually know to do that)

Quote:
Anything that takes you to the default UI doesn't take you back to that spot in phoenix that you were at when you left - this too is working as designed.
Wouldn't that be better to be returned to the same spot? Why did you choose not to?

Quote:
From the media browser you can add stuff to existing or new playlists (with the exception of the 'Albums' screen - this one is missing the buttons, fixed for the next release).
From Music->ByArtist there is no way to add the album to the playlist.

I cannot find anywhere to add a new playlist... (am I missing it)?

Quote:
As far as searching / jumping, in the browser you can do the alpha filter for the items in the current list to narrow it down to the items that start with that letter. Hit the digit keys while in the media browser to see this. This is the same for music as it is for TV and movies.
When I hit numbers it does the right thing... but with a keyboard the natural thing to do is hit the letters... can you add letters from a keyboard?

Last edited by sflamm; 06-14-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

When using the mini-guide, if you wait a moment after viewing information for a different channel the description flips to page 2. If you hit play at this point, when the description is on page 2 it won't actually change the channel. It just says Starting Playback and does nothing. If the description is on Page 1, then changing channels works fine.

Did that make any sense...?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Sage Expert

Any intention of fixing the recording override option in P2 that doesn't provide room for the description of the show it is asking you to override? Both my tuners have been busy lately and therefor when trying to override for a basketball game, I have to guess what show I am canceling because the description doesn't show up.