SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Sage User

naming TV shows with (Year)

For most of my tv shows I have the format:

(title) sXXeYY.mkv

some tv shows I have named with the year to match up with thetvdb. This is in the case where the name of the show matches to more than one TV show. Castle and The Newsroom are examples of that. In those cases the files are named

(title) (year) sXXeYY.mkv
for example
The Newsroom (2012) s01e01.mkv

If I don't provide the year in the filename, then the lookup matches them up with the wrong show. If I provide the year in the filename they don't match anything and end up being tagged as movies.

What's the "right" way to deal with these?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you use the year, it will think it is a movie by default. You could add a matcher that says if the title is for example: "The Voice" use this tvdb id #. This stops it from matching to Voice (UK) or Voice (KO).

Edit mediatitles.xml. Search for examples here.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36 View Post
If you use the year, it will think it is a movie by default. You could add a matcher that says if the title is for example: "The Voice" use this tvdb id #. This stops it from matching to Voice (UK) or Voice (KO).

Edit mediatitles.xml. Search for examples here.
Yes, I could put hacks like this in to work around individual shows, but I'd rather implement a scheme that works in every case. Is there really no filenaming spec that forces the lookup to a) correctly identify the show in thetvdb, b) discriminates between movies and tv shows?

Ideally, I would change the scrapers to be:

if the filename has sXXeYY in it then it is a tv show, otherwise it is a movie. Is that possible?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

It is already set up that way. But you are trying to add the year which is marking it as a movie and the episode which marks it as a tV. You can't have both. And THEN you are going to have the problem of the same tv show in multiple countries like Voice (AU), Voice (KO), OR multiple years, etc.

For the 1 or 2 shows where this is a problem, either mod the file or edit manually.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

VAP for VideoRedo does exactly that. It does, however, create a disconnect with the file and Sage for a short time, until Sage re-adopts the file from an import directory.

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/fo...cessor-Program

I thing I recall seeing one person that was just using it for file renaming, rather than for the rest of it's abilities. You do have to [eventually] purchase VideoRedo which isn't cheap, but it's been a champ with regard to making edits and such to TV shows.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 05-18-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbrodie View Post
if the filename has sXXeYY in it then it is a tv show, otherwise it is a movie. Is that possible?
It already does that for searching... ie, when SxxExx is present it will default to using a TV lookup. The issue comes in "how" the search actually happens, and the fact that the searcher doesn't handle the year very well, so the search fails.

When a search fails, bmt will then try the "default" search which is a movie search (and that may fail as well).

I'm sure I'll eventually add support for this... but to be honest, it takes me less time to simply go into BMT, search and find the right show, and then add a new Matcher based on that, so that all subsequent lookups just work. (That's what I did for Castle, Merlin, and Hawaii Five-O)

I guess when I get to point to point where I start watching more and more rebooted TV serieses, then it will become a much larger priority to fix
Old 05-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

I'm sure I'll eventually add support for this... but to be honest, it takes me less time to simply go into BMT, search and find the right show, and then add a new Matcher based on that, so that all subsequent lookups just work. (That's what I did for Castle, Merlin, and Hawaii Five-O)
How do you do this above?
Sat May 18 14:55:30 GMT-700 2013
Last Message
Refreshing True Blood Save Yourself
Total Success
Total Failed
Is Done?
true
Was Cancelled?
false

How do I find out what exactly failed?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!

Last edited by QueOnda; 05-18-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
How do you do this above?
1. Do a manual update for a show and save (assuming you know how to do that)
2. Click on the button, "Add Matcher"
3. Click save

Now, when you Add Matcher, you have 2 options... If you are doing recordings, then in most cases, you can simply hit 'save' and you are done.

But, if you are importing TV shows and you have each show in it's own folder, then you might prefer to use the second option in that dialog, which created a matcher based on a folder name (case matters).

In ether case, the TVDB id, Media Type, etc is all filled in.

Quote:
Also:
After, I scan a folder I get the status: Scan Date/Time
Total Success
Total Failed

How do I find out what exactly failed?
You click on the label (total failed) or number (52) (not sure which), and it will take you to a view showing what failed.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
1. Do a manual update for a show and save (assuming you know how to do that)
2. Click on the button, "Add Matcher"
3. Click save

Now, when you Add Matcher, you have 2 options... If you are doing recordings, then in most cases, you can simply hit 'save' and you are done.

But, if you are importing TV shows and you have each show in it's own folder, then you might prefer to use the second option in that dialog, which created a matcher based on a folder name (case matters).

In ether case, the TVDB id, Media Type, etc is all filled in.
It needs a file pattern to save. I found expressions via XML on your documentation but don't know what exactly to add for matcher.

<match>
<regex>[\\/]Dora </regex>
<title>Dora The Explorer</title>
</match>

Maybe only "[\\/]Dora" without quotes?
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It needs a file pattern to save. I found expressions via XML on your documentation but don't know what exactly to add for matcher.

<match>
<regex>[\\/]Dora </regex>
<title>Dora The Explorer</title>
</match>

Maybe only "[\\/]Dora" without quotes?
The purpose of that dialog is that it doesn't need a "pattern" just a foldername or a part of a filename... it will save it correctly as a "pattern".

for recordings, you litterally just leave everything alone, and press save.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks!!! Understood. Got it working.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

stuckless,

I have a tv show XIII but doesn't seem to want to be picked up. File name XIII The Series and folder is XIII The Series-201.mkv

Tried adding a matcher but still not finding in BMT. Any pointers on making this take?

Old 05-27-2013, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
stuckless,

I have a tv show XIII but doesn't seem to want to be picked up. File name XIII The Series and folder is XIII The Series-201.mkv

Tried adding a matcher but still not finding in BMT. Any pointers on making this take?
Well, the show in tvdb is called "XIII (2011)", so if hte files were named, "XIII (2011) S02E01.mkv" it might work. I'm not sure that the 201 format is recognized I know 2.01 and 2x01 is but 201 is just a number and as such, I don't think there is support for that format.

If you add a matcher, you should use a folder matcher, and match on the exact forlder name. But, if the files have 201 and not 2x01 then it might still fail.

Tags
duplicate, shows, thetvdb