SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Sage User

SiliconDust HDHR4-2US video stutter

I have 2 of the older HDHR3-US in my Sage setup working just fine along with a Hauppauge 2250, but I wanted to remove the 2250 and so I purchased a HDHR4-2US. It is detected by Sage just fine and channels get reception but I am getting stuttering in video on playback on shows recorded on this new device, but audio is fine. I've rebooted my Sage server, all my HDHR's have the latest firmware. SageTV is version 7.1.9.256
I don't think it's a network issue as shows recorded on the HDHR3's play fine.
Anyone have any ideas? Do I just have a bad one as I see others have said it works for them?
Thanks.
Brad
Old 12-04-2014, 04:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barogers View Post
I have 2 of the older HDHR3-US in my Sage setup working just fine along with a Hauppauge 2250, but I wanted to remove the 2250 and so I purchased a HDHR4-2US. It is detected by Sage just fine and channels get reception but I am getting stuttering in video on playback on shows recorded on this new device, but audio is fine. I've rebooted my Sage server, all my HDHR's have the latest firmware. SageTV is version 7.1.9.256
I don't think it's a network issue as shows recorded on the HDHR3's play fine.
Anyone have any ideas? Do I just have a bad one as I see others have said it works for them?
Thanks.
Brad
Is this what you have Installed it has some fixes for SageTV?

Release 20141201:
Windows:
HDHomeRun VIEW: Fix crash on systems without OpenGL support.
HDHomeRun VIEW: Support wider range of graphics cards.
HDHomeRun VIEW: Improvements to picture quality.
HDHomeRun Setup: Fix problem generating SageTV and XBMC configuration files.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Sage User

Well no it is not! I will download that now and try it. I have 20141124 and but when I run the updater it tells me I have the latest.
Thanks.

Update: Unfortunately that did not help, the pausing still happens on that device. I'm thinking of seeing if I can return it and get a HDHR3-US somewhere.

Last edited by barogers; 12-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barogers View Post
Well no it is not! I will download that now and try it. I have 20141124 and but when I run the updater it tells me I have the latest.
Thanks.

Update: Unfortunately that did not help, the pausing still happens on that device. I'm thinking of seeing if I can return it and get a HDHR3-US somewhere.
Just out of Curiosity since i do no use QAM anymore I changed the application from SageTV on the Applications tab to Other:ATSC/QAM...I get no more bad streams that is the way I am running now my maybe you can try that. Reboot after you do that. My SiliconDust HDHR4-2US run fine. Also are you creating TS or MPG files? As A matter of fact the SiliconDust HDHR4-2US tuner has better signal quality than the previous models.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-04-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Are you also using the SageDCT application to see your channels?
What version of SageTV are you running?

I cannot for the life of me get my HDhomerun prime working with SageTV V6 witch SageDCT V2.7 x64.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 12-05-2014, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Are you also using the SageDCT application to see your channels?
What version of SageTV are you running?

I cannot for the life of me get my HDhomerun prime working with SageTV V6 witch SageDCT V2.7 x64.
This thread is not about the Prime it is about the HDHR4-2US which is OTA and has nothing to do with SageDCT.

PS BrandyPuff did you see my thread where I stated you should be running Sage TV 7?
Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Sage User

Ok, I made that change in HDHomeRun Setup and it doesn't make a difference. What I have found is that if I watch the file through VLC it plays much better. So that got me thinking it must be an issue with my setup. I use EVR as my Video Renderer and SageTV MPEG Video Decoder as my MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter. I changed the MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter to Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and it plays much better but I lose my closed captioning. Is there some way to use the other video decoder and still have closed captioning? A different decoder or some other setting?
Right now I'm not happy with the new HDHR4.
Thanks.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Sage User

I guess I'm going to get subtitles using CCExtractor and Dirmon2.
Thanks for all the suggestions though.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

HDHR4

Has anyone else with HDHR4 having problems? My situation is when watching a night time recorded show, I get sporadic flashes across screen. Some times audio is scratchy, but goes away. Funny part is daytime soap is clean with no problems.

Using Ver 6 Sage, with a QUAD 2.3G as my server with a samsung evo 120g SSD and storing the shows on a 1TB drive. I don't see any problems when I watch it live through HDD Gui, only after it is recorded.

I have two of them replacing HDHR3s which did not have these specific problems. They were replaced for tuner problems.(one was a free upgrade, in warranty and the other cost me $49, out of warranty). I also have an original dual HDHR that works fine.

What filters are recommended for these 4s? I have 4 OTA tuners enabled, but it can happen when 1 is recorded or 3 of them being used. I can't seem to find Microsoft's DTV-DVD filter.