SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Using BMT to move imports to recordings?

I have started over with a new wiz.bin and my existing recordings are stuck in the imported videos folder. I am trying to use BMT to import them as recordings after advanced video recovery failed. I have tried using the batch operations and tagging the check box for "sagetv recording?" on individual files, without success. What do I need to do to get these moved over?
Redundant power supply, dual UPS's, etc
Samsung EVO 850 SSD X2 OS drives
WD 4TB Purple drive for recordings, various other drives for archives
Tuners are a work in progress
Old 12-28-2014, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigo93bronco View Post
I have started over with a new wiz.bin and my existing recordings are stuck in the imported videos folder. I am trying to use BMT to import them as recordings after advanced video recovery failed. I have tried using the batch operations and tagging the check box for "sagetv recording?" on individual files, without success. What do I need to do to get these moved over?
What UI are you using? Sometimes there is a filter settings for Include Imported TV recordings or something like that.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Titles should be in tv format and settings set to import tv formatted videos into Recordings.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Guys,

Maybe this question has been answered elsewhere, but I cant find it. I'm looking for a way to automatically import tv shows, using BMT, into the recordings in SageTV.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?
Old 06-14-2015, 12:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
Hey Guys,

Maybe this question has been answered elsewhere, but I cant find it. I'm looking for a way to automatically import tv shows, using BMT, into the recordings in SageTV.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?

See my answer above. That's all that is necessary. If the title is formatted correctly, it will be in your recordings after the next scan.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Enabling the "Import TV as REcording" option in BMT should be enough. That being said, if these are in sagetv default airing format "House-TimeForChang-000123201.ts" and you no longer have the .properties, then finding matches may be challenging. (That's why I never recommend turning of the generation of .properties, since it acts as a Wiz.bin backup for metedata).

YOu can try to do them one at a time in BMT, by checking the "Sage Recording" option in the metadata screen and see if that changes anything.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the responses. What exactly is "TV Format" Would someone provide a sample as to how these files should be named?
Old 06-14-2015, 10:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Stitches - s01e01 - Pilot.mkv or Stitches - s01e01.mkv
Old 06-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks to all! I've managed to get it working on most of the shows, though some remain elusive. For example:

The Flash (2014) - S01E10.mkv

This filename does not import into recordings.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks to all! I've managed to get it working on most of the shows, though some remain elusive. For example:

The Flash (2014) - S01E10.mkv

This filename does not import into recordings.

Any thoughts?
Sadly, BMT can't handle years in TV shows on its own. You would need to manually add a matcher, however, BMT also has a bug with adding parenthesis through the BMT UI. So, you actually need to open up the MediaTitles.xml, which is located here: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\userdata\Phoenix\scrapers

Then, you would need to add the following to that file:

Code:
  <match>
    <regex>[\\/]The Flash \(2014\)[\\/]</regex>
    <metadata type="TV" name="tvdb">279121</metadata>
  </match>
If you try to add the matcher via the UI, BMT doesn't add the required backslashes before the parenthesis.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 08-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the response. I tried adding a matcher as you suggested, but it didn't seem to import properly. What do the '/' symbols do? Are they used to comment out a piece of the title (the year in this case) to make it easier for BMT to match?

If so, why would I comment out the leading bracket, but not the trailing? Shouldn't it be something like this?

Code:
<match>
    <regex>[\\/]The Flash \(2014)\[\\/]</regex>
</match>

Last edited by MilkmanCDN; 08-20-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I tried adding a matcher as you suggested, but it didn't seem to import properly. What do the '/' symbols do? Are they used to comment out a piece of the title (the year in this case) to make it easier for BMT to match?

If so, why would I comment out the leading bracket, but not the trailing? Shouldn't it be something like this?

Code:
<match>
    <regex>[\\/]The Flash \(2014)\[\\/]</regex>
</match>

So, in a regular expression \ is an escape character, that basically means the next charact that follows the \ is the literal character that I want to match on.

so, if you have a Windows path, like,
Code:
\Vidoes\TV\The Flash (2014)\s01e01.ts
What we want to say, in a regular expression is treat everything in a directory, "The Flash (2014)" as being tvdb id 279121. So the mather will get the entire path with the directory separators, and it will then try to match it. One problem is that brackets () are another regex command, so they need to be escaped. so (2014) is \(2014\) (you are missing that trailing one.

The other problem, is that on windows the directory separator is \ which as I said, is a special character in regex, so if want to match on a directory "\The Flash (2014)\" then we need to escape the \, so they become, "\\The Flash (2014)\\", and we also need to ecape the brackets, so it becomes "\\The Flash \(2014\)\\". That will match "\The Flash (2014)\" in any Windows environment. If all we care about is windows, then you are done.

Now, not everyone runs Windows (like myself), and on Linux and Mac, the directory separator is a forward slash, so, on linux the path would be something like

Code:
/Videos/TV/The Flash (2014)/s01e01.ts
So, in a reqular expression, you are provide a group of characters to match on using the square brackets []. so, [\\/] means match ANY of \ or /. Now, we have a regular expression that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and the full expression would be...

Code:
[\\/]The Flash \(2014\)[\\/]
Which translated to english, reads something like this...

Match a directory separator, either \ or /, followed by the text, The Flash , followed by a literal open bracket, followed by the numbers 2014, followed by the literal close bracket, followed by another directory separator, either \ or /.

This maybe more of an explanation than you wanted, but that's what all symboloy is doing here.

So, please note, in your regex [\\/]The Flash \(2014)\[\\/] you are missing the \ in front of the ending bracket, and it has a very different meaning, in fact, as is, it would not be a valid regex.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Got it! Thanks.

One last question. If there are sub-directories (such as for seasons), will the matcher catch all the episodes within that sub-directory?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Got it! Thanks.

One last question. If there are sub-directories (such as for seasons), will the matcher catch all the episodes within that sub-directory?
Yes it will, basically it's matching on any part of the directory in which the file resides. So if the actual file is somewhere deeper in a Season folder, it will still match.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
So, in a reqular expression, you are provide a group of characters to match on using the square brackets []. so, [\\/] means match ANY of \ or /. Now, we have a regular expression that works on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and the full expression would be...

Code:
[\\/]The Flash \(2014\)[\\/]
Which translated to english, reads something like this...

Match a directory separator, either \ or /, followed by the text, The Flash , followed by a literal open bracket, followed by the numbers 2014, followed by the literal close bracket, followed by another directory separator, either \ or /.

This maybe more of an explanation than you wanted, but that's what all symboloy is doing here.

So, please note, in your regex [\\/]The Flash \(2014)\[\\/] you are missing the \ in front of the ending bracket, and it has a very different meaning, in fact, as is, it would not be a valid regex.
Oy vey - regex and Maxwell's Equations are two things that I will go to my grave without understanding...
Old 11-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Guys,

Still having troubles with this. I've managed to get some of the recordings imported; however, all of the most recent imports are being tagged as 'videos'. BMT doesn't seem to be automatically tagging the shows.

Thoughts?

Is it still the same show, The Flash? When you view it in BMT does it have any metadata

It seems to be all shows now. When I view them in BMT, they don't have metadata. I do have a lot of video files (1000's) and I wonder if this could be a cause for concern.

Last edited by MilkmanCDN; 11-25-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hello all,

Strangely a server reboot seems to have fixed the problem. Shows are now importing properly again.

Thanks.