SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Anyone interested in a FileRenamer for SageTVFiles?

Wrote a little program that takes the metadata from sage and renames the files for better scraping from other programs such as kodi and/or plex. It handles movies and tvs. Definitely in the "test" stage but Instant message me if this interest you.It also copies all related articles (properties images etc)

Current output
Movies= \MovieFolder\Movie Name (movieYear)\MovieName (movieYear) [Resolution].filetype
Tv= \TVFolder\TvSeriesName (SeriesYear)\Season\TVSeriesName (SeriesYear) - S##E## - EpisodeTitle [Resolution].filetype

I didn't write this for me but someone else (and he is a picky but good tester ) on these forums and figure I would share if anyone wants to test.

So basically this is a different approach then just writing metadata to plex etc it renames the files for proper scraping if something happens but keeps your associated properties files with it for sageTV. It also allows for what we consider "ideal" folder structure from recorded content.

You must have proper sagetv metadata from BMT for this to work. It is basically a way to rename recorded content for other platforms.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 05-21-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Sage User

I'd definitely be interested. A couple questions:

Is it triggered after a program finishes recording? or how does it know when it's safe to rename a recording?

I see it creates a folder structure as well, cool, but will sage clean that up when recordings are deleted? or will there be empty folders as remnants left laying around in your root recording directory?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateziemann View Post
I'd definitely be interested. A couple questions:

Is it triggered after a program finishes recording? or how does it know when it's safe to rename a recording?

I see it creates a folder structure as well, cool, but will sage clean that up when recordings are deleted? or will there be empty folders as remnants left laying around in your root recording directory?
Still in development so things can be added. The triggering is easy enough using an event listener. I could also check to make sure the file isn't in use during rename.

The folders issues could be added to routinely clean up empty folders as sage won't do it.

Shoot me an PM with your email if you wanna get copy and provide feedback.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

I would be interested in this. I am mostly interested in using it with Kodi.
Plex does a pretty good job of adding shows in the folder structure that are not in TVDB but Kodi does not seem to add news shows etc. Any chance that this will help with adding shows not matched to TVDB. NextPVR has a utility that creates a nfo file if there is not match.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I would be interested in this. I am mostly interested in using it with Kodi.
Plex does a pretty good job of adding shows in the folder structure that are not in TVDB but Kodi does not seem to add news shows etc. Any chance that this will help with adding shows not matched to TVDB. NextPVR has a utility that creates a nfo file if there is not match.
The person I created this for is using it mainly for Kodi. I could look at adding NFO files but shouldn't be necessary if named correctly.