SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Sage User

SageTV Placeshifter on Mac OS/X

Hi,

I started to try to compile the miniclient (placeshifter client) on OS/X. I have installed xcode and key open source build packages through brew.

So far:

* I could compile the Sage.jar on OSX
* I face issues on 3rdparty with missing tools (mainly build tools, most likely OS/X uses just differnt names on xcode as on linux)
* I used the /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_05.jdk/Contents/Home as JDK_HOME on my machine (installed the Oracle JDK)
* the buildso.sh want to compile the SageLinux which will not work on OS/X

Any ideas or some material how the OS/X placeshifter v7 client was build?
XMLTV using WebGrabPlus in Switzerland
Clients: HD200, Placeshift on OSX (limited) and Windows, Sage Android Client on ShieldTV and Tablets
Old 08-19-2015, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnswiss View Post
Hi,

I started to try to compile the miniclient (placeshifter client) on OS/X. I have installed xcode and key open source build packages through brew.

So far:

* I could compile the Sage.jar on OSX
* I face issues on 3rdparty with missing tools (mainly build tools, most likely OS/X uses just differnt names on xcode as on linux)
* I used the /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_05.jdk/Contents/Home as JDK_HOME on my machine (installed the Oracle JDK)
* the buildso.sh want to compile the SageLinux which will not work on OS/X

Any ideas or some material how the OS/X placeshifter v7 client was build?
I don't believe there was ever a v7 OS X Placeshifter. Development on Mac was stopped prior to v7. The last version was 6.6.2. The most recent Placeshifter for Mac no longer works or at least doesn't work well on modern Mac OS X. I tried simply replacing the MiniClient.jar file that resides inside the Placeshifter bundle but it crashes immediately when run.

I believe someone will have to develop a more modern wrapper for the Mac Placeshifter.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Sage

We stopped with Mac on V6. It'll be a fair amount of work if someone wants to get the Placeshifter to build on Mac...most of the code for Mac was removed from the open source release because it was years behind the rest of it and I had no way to test/verify it or even really understand what it was.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I don't believe there was ever a v7 OS X Placeshifter. Development on Mac was stopped prior to v7. The last version was 6.6.2. The most recent Placeshifter for Mac no longer works or at least doesn't work well on modern Mac OS X. I tried simply replacing the MiniClient.jar file that resides inside the Placeshifter bundle but it crashes immediately when run.

I believe someone will have to develop a more modern wrapper for the Mac Placeshifter.
I have installed the old osx 6.6.2 placeshifter on several macs. Installing the old java gets it working.

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

http://download.sage.tv/SageTVMac_V6_6_2.dmg