SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

BMT import as recording - puzzle

I download a number of files and after I use BMT to "Notify SageTV to look for new Media", I go to Browse in BMT and "Import as Recording". All my files then show up.

Occasionally, when I try to play an imported file, it won't play - the onscreen message is:
There was an error playing ..........
ERROR (-10): No encoders can tune the selected station"

I have discovered that if I leave that file in Videos, it plays just fine....?

Can anyone point out where I might look to see what changed during the import that prevents the file from playing?

I saw this problem reported before
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52559
but there was no resolution to the question.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Import as recording doesn't actually change the physical file, it just sets the require metadata items on the file so that SageTV thinks it's a recording.

I suspect that given enough time, you would run into the same issues even if you didn't import as recording.

If you uncheck the SageTV recording field in BMT, it will remove the sagetv recording metadata.. and treat it like a video. DOes the file play if you do that?
Old 11-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, it plays fine as a video but then it is not in my list of Recordings and it's easier to have to scroll through just one list.

Is there, perhaps, some other way I can get all my recordings in one list? I'm using Diamond with ADM.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt4242 View Post
Yes, it plays fine as a video but then it is not in my list of Recordings and it's easier to have to scroll through just one list.

Is there, perhaps, some other way I can get all my recordings in one list? I'm using Diamond with ADM.
I used Phoenix UI and more recently Gemstone... It doesn't care about "Recordings" it knows what is a TV file and they get put into a TV bucket (with many options in terms of grouping/ordering/filtering, etc)
Old 11-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you - I'm about to give Gemstone another try - I did try it in 2012 but had problems with views vs flow. Maybe now that I'm more familiar with things, it'll be easier.

thanks agin