SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

This is great progress!

Progressive playback is working extremely well on the SageTV client running on the same computer as the service. However when I'm using the Placeshifter, it still wants to download the entire video first. It's strange that there's much of a distinction.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 05-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does this work with Gemstone? I tried removing the old Playon Plugin and installing this one but I didn't see the menu option show up. Do I have to manually edit the dynamic menu's to add it? I tried browsing for it to add it that way but didn't spot it.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Sage Expert

With Gemstone you have to go to options by right clicking your mouse , go to menu options, copy mode enable. Then go back to your online menu and copy the UPnP Browser menu item and add it to whatever menu you like except playon menu item.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.

Last edited by rnadeau; 05-08-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
This is great progress!

Progressive playback is working extremely well on the SageTV client running on the same computer as the service. However when I'm using the Placeshifter, it still wants to download the entire video first. It's strange that there's much of a distinction.
It should playback progressively from the placeshifter as well. Is the placeshifter on the same network? Windows or Linux?

It almost sounds like the placeshifter UI has the old STVi and not the new one. Are you sure you installed the UI Mod on the placeshifter?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
It should playback progressively from the placeshifter as well. Is the placeshifter on the same network? Windows or Linux?

It almost sounds like the placeshifter UI has the old STVi and not the new one. Are you sure you installed the UI Mod on the placeshifter?
It's on the same network, on Windows 7 x64. From what I understand, all of the placeshifters will have the exact same plugins installed as the server. I went into the placeshifter to make sure that I didn't have any option to upgrade the UPnP (PlayOn) Browser.

Update: I fixed it by deleting the configuration properties for the placeshifter. Would you like to see the before and after?

Update2: I think it was this one: upnp_download_before_playing=true
I might have enabled this while I was messing around, but I think you may have removed that option from the configuration. I have a feeling I'm the only person who will be reporting this.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's on the same network, on Windows 7 x64. From what I understand, all of the placeshifters will have the exact same plugins installed as the server. I went into the placeshifter to make sure that I didn't have any option to upgrade the UPnP (PlayOn) Browser.
Did you check the "Download Before Playing" option? Make sure it is disabled.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you check the "Download Before Playing" option? Make sure it is disabled.
I didn't see that option in the new version in the configuration, but I noticed it in the properties and it is now turned off and everything is working well again. Thanks for the assistance. I must not be having a good day, I found the option. I guess it's been long enough that I remembered it wrong.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I didn't see that option in the new version in the configuration, but I noticed it in the properties and it is now turned off and everything is working well again. Thanks for the assistance. I must not be having a good day, I found the option. I guess it's been long enough that I remembered it wrong.
Glad you got it working. Let me know what enhancements you'd like to see.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Glad you got it working. Let me know what enhancements you'd like to see.
Honestly, it's right where I need it.

I tried a channel on my HDHomeRun Prime and it played for a few seconds before returning. I guess that's because progressive playback needs a specific playback time length, but when you're streaming live, that could be however long you really want to watch the stream. I'm not sure how to work around that.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Sage User

The plugin is working great for the most part. I am having an issue with my Vudu account. The plugin plays SD movies just fine but when I try to play a move that is HDX it begins to buffer and then the follow message appears. "Oops! This movie won't play on your display due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and " and button appears "Play SD" but I am not able to click on that button. Not sure if there is a way to work around this or not.

I just tried the exact same thing from the Playon client and I get the same error message except that I am able to click on "Play SD" and the movie begins to play. Is there a way to click "Play SD" within the plugin?

Last edited by jimakrause; 05-08-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added additional info
Old 05-08-2016, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried a channel on my HDHomeRun Prime and it played for a few seconds before returning. I guess that's because progressive playback needs a specific playback time length, but when you're streaming live, that could be however long you really want to watch the stream. I'm not sure how to work around that.
I have a HDHR Prime without a cable card in it and it doesn't play at all I ordered a cable card a few days ago and it will be delivered laet this week. When I get it installed I will try to debug the problem.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimakrause View Post
I just tried the exact same thing from the Playon client and I get the same error message except that I am able to click on "Play SD" and the movie begins to play. Is there a way to click "Play SD" within the plugin?
I've never tried it with Vudu. I'll set up an account and see what happens.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have a HDHR Prime without a cable card in it and it doesn't play at all I ordered a cable card a few days ago and it will be delivered laet this week. When I get it installed I will try to debug the problem.
That's so weird. It works for me with or without a CableCARD. I can't access my HDHomeRun Connect at all. I'm not sure what the difference really is.

This is off topic, but if you have any capture devices that support HDMI, you might be a little interested in using your HDHomeRun Prime with the CableCARD in conjunction with an Android device running HDHomeRun View. I have been working out a decent script for tuning over USB via ADB. It might save you a little money.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 05-08-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's so weird. It works for me with or without a CableCARD. I can't access my HDHomeRun Connect at all. I'm not sure what the difference really is.

This is off topic, but if you have any capture devices that support HDMI, you might be a little interested in using your HDHomeRun Prime with the CableCARD in conjunction with an Android device running HDHomeRun View. I have been working out a decent script for tuning over USB via ADB. It might save you a little money.
Does View allow you to play copy protected material?

Old 05-09-2016, 05:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Does View allow you to play copy protected material?
Yes. That's the big appeal for me.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The plugin is working great for the most part. I am having an issue with my Vudu account. The plugin plays SD movies just fine but when I try to play a move that is HDX it begins to buffer and then the follow message appears. "Oops! This movie won't play on your display due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and " and button appears "Play SD" but I am not able to click on that button. Not sure if there is a way to work around this or not.

I was looking at the Vudu website and see that under "Account Info" there is a default playback quality setting. Change that to SD. I think that will work. It's not ideal because it will impact all devices. I'll see if I can come up with something better.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Sage User

I actually tried that already no help. I contacted playon support and this is what they told me.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting PlayOn Support! Our developers are working on a fix for this particular issue, as it does not appear that Vudu allowing us to request SD videos, though the functionality is available on their website. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an estimate for when this fix will be in place, but our developers are hard at work in trying to find a solution.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I actually tried that already no help. I contacted playon support and this is what they told me.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting PlayOn Support! Our developers are working on a fix for this particular issue, as it does not appear that Vudu allowing us to request SD videos, though the functionality is available on their website. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an estimate for when this fix will be in place, but our developers are hard at work in trying to find a solution.
Thanks for the update. I don't think there is much I can do from my end. The UPnP protocol has nothing in it to address this type of issue.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Regarding the UPnP Server, I think the best option would be to leverage Phoenix to provide the folder structures. Allow browsing through vfs would provide the best mix of usability and custimizablity.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-13-2016, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

What are the prerequisites?
- Free Playon Installed on the SageTV server, with user accounts all set up,
- Install Plugin on Server (although not required if you don't use Server GUI)
- If installed on the Server, Gemstone users; make the mentioned tweak to add the Browser to the "Online" menu
- Install Plugin on any Clients (+Gemstone users tweak as required)
- Gemstone users tweak on any Extenders

With Playon user/pass setup for Amazon Prime Video, I attempt to play "The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 1" but Playon had a message on the SageTV player that indicates I need to upgrade Playon. This is a video included free with Prime, does this require some kind of paid version of Playon?