SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
What are the prerequisites?
- Free Playon Installed on the SageTV server, with user accounts all set up,
- Install Plugin on Server (although not required if you don't use Server GUI)
- If installed on the Server, Gemstone users; make the mentioned tweak to add the Browser to the "Online" menu
- Install Plugin on any Clients (+Gemstone users tweak as required)
- Gemstone users tweak on any Extenders

With Playon user/pass setup for Amazon Prime Video, I attempt to play "The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 1" but Playon had a message on the SageTV player that indicates I need to upgrade Playon. This is a video included free with Prime, does this require some kind of paid version of Playon?
You've set it up correctly. I haven't tried it with Prime, I'll try it on my system over the weekend.

In the meantime, have you checked to see if there is a PlayOn update available? What version are you currently running?

Can you play the movie using the PlayOn interface?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

version 4.0.84.14793 installed on my SageTV server PC today.
The movie will play using the Playon interface on the Playon/SageTV server.
The movie will not play on the SageTV server GUI.
The movie will not play on a SageTV client PC.
The movie will not play on an HD300 extender.

I don't mind paying for the upgrade of Playon if I can see that it functions well with Netflix and Amazon Prime subscriptions.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Based on this Playon FAQ, it looks like I should purchase/upgrade to Playon Plus to get the above working;

"PlayOn is a free download - right away, you'll be able to watch videos on your PC and stream your personal media library to most any network connected device. There are some features in PlayOn (like recording, casting or streaming online content to your TV, mobile support, the PlayOn browser extension and AdSkip) that require you upgrade to Plus. Once you upgrade to Plus, you have access to every feature PlayOn offers."
Old 05-14-2016, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I ended up with Playon Plus, and now it's working fine. I will have to admit, watching Amazon Prime via Playon seems like a significant degradation in video quality versus just watching in a browser, and of course there's the stereo audio.

Regardless, this plugin adds a fair amount of value to Sage. Thank you.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I ended up with Playon Plus, and now it's working fine. I will have to admit, watching Amazon Prime via Playon seems like a significant degradation in video quality versus just watching in a browser, and of course there's the stereo audio.

Regardless, this plugin adds a fair amount of value to Sage. Thank you.
PlayOn isn't perfect, but it does add some nice functionality.

It seems more and more content is available online which is why I am trying to focus my efforts in that area.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is a wonderful plugin. It works great. Is there any way to blacklist some of the UPNP devices? Apparently I have a lot, and presently I only want Playon to show.

Thanks for working on and sharing this.

Bobby
Old 05-17-2016, 04:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
This is a wonderful plugin. It works great. Is there any way to blacklist some of the UPNP devices? Apparently I have a lot, and presently I only want Playon to show.

Thanks for working on and sharing this.

Bobby
Yes, I can add that.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Is there any way to blacklist some of the UPNP devices? Apparently I have a lot, and presently I only want Playon to show.
+1 for this.

Great plugin by the way. Just need to hide some UPNP devices. My LG TV is listed 3 times none seem to do anything.

Dean
Old 05-17-2016, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Just need to hide some UPNP devices. My LG TV is listed 3 times none seem to do anything.
What I'd really like to do is make those devices listed do something

Old 05-19-2016, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.05

Version 0.05 is now available. It fixes a small bug and adds the ability to hide devices.

To hide a device press the "Delete" key when the device is in focus.

Hidden devices can be seen by bringing up the option menu and changing "Display Hidden Devices" to true. Devices that are hidden will then reappear in the list but will be in italics.

To unhide a device press "Delete" when the device is in focus.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does the plugin include Fuzzy's work around to enable HD streaming?
Old 05-20-2016, 10:31 AM
Sage User

I'm having problems with this plugin.

I'm trying to install it on sagetv9 with the sagetv7 ui without gemstone.

I saw it initially on one of my extenders under "online" but I cannot get the "upnp" menu item to come back no matter which stv I choose. I have disabled/enabled, uninstalled/reinstalled, and changed to all of my stv files.

What can I do to get this back? I can't get playon plugin to work on v9, so right now I don't have any access to playon through sagetv
Old 05-20-2016, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
Does the plugin include Fuzzy's work around to enable HD streaming?
No. IIRC his work around is done in the Sage core. Sorry, I don't recall the details.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewispm View Post
I'm having problems with this plugin.

I'm trying to install it on sagetv9 with the sagetv7 ui without gemstone.

I saw it initially on one of my extenders under "online" but I cannot get the "upnp" menu item to come back no matter which stv I choose. I have disabled/enabled, uninstalled/reinstalled, and changed to all of my stv files.

What can I do to get this back? I can't get playon plugin to work on v9, so right now I don't have any access to playon through sagetv
This is how I run it so it should work.

I'm not sure what you mean by you can't get the menu item to "come back". Are you saying there is no menu item under "Online Services"? Was it ever there or was it never there? What shows up under the "Online Services" menu?

What other plugins do you have installed?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
No. IIRC his work around is done in the Sage core. Sorry, I don't recall the details.
This is correct - the workaround was done in the Core, not in the plugin (had to change how sagetv identified itself when downloading files). So if you are on a newer version of sagetv 9, it should have the fix, and you'll need to set the UserAgent in the sage.properties file (I am not at home right now so i can't remember exactly the setting).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-20-2016, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
This is correct - the workaround was done in the Core, not in the plugin (had to change how sagetv identified itself when downloading files). So if you are on a newer version of sagetv 9, it should have the fix, and you'll need to set the UserAgent in the sage.properties file (I am not at home right now so i can't remember exactly the setting).
The Amazon vids are coming down at 720x404 on SageTV V7 with this plugin. Are you saying there is a way to pull a higher quality video?
Old 05-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Quote:
This is how I run it so it should work.

I'm not sure what you mean by you can't get the menu item to "come back". Was it ever there or was it never there?
I think when I first installed it on one extender I saw a link under the "online" menu item on the home page that said "UPnP Browser". I cannot see that any more, no matter what I try.

Quote:
Are you saying there is no menu item under "Online Services"? What shows up under the "Online Services" menu?
I have ADM installed, and I think my customization of the menus has caused the problem. I just uninstalled the plugin, loaded default menus in ADM manager, then reinstalled the plugin, and I still don't see it. Under menu item "Online" I have: Weather, YouTube Videos, Channels.com, More Online Services, Get Hulu Application. "More online services" doesn't have a menu below it, but when I select it there's a 5x3 grid and UPnP browser is not on there.

I assume its supposed to show up in the Main Menu as a child of "Online" after install, right?

How can I get it there?

Quote:
What other plugins do you have installed?
ADM, Commercial Detector UI, CMT, Comskip Playback, EPG Back On Guide, Hide EPG scroll bar, UPnP (Playon) Browser
Old 05-21-2016, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewispm View Post
I think when I first installed it on one extender I saw a link under the "online" menu item on the home page that said "UPnP Browser". I cannot see that any more, no matter what I try.

I have ADM installed, and I think my customization of the menus has caused the problem. I just uninstalled the plugin, loaded default menus in ADM manager, then reinstalled the plugin, and I still don't see it. Under menu item "Online" I have: Weather, YouTube Videos, Channels.com, More Online Services, Get Hulu Application. "More online services" doesn't have a menu below it, but when I select it there's a 5x3 grid and UPnP browser is not on there.

I assume its supposed to show up in the Main Menu as a child of "Online" after install, right?

How can I get it there?

ADM, Commercial Detector UI, CMT, Comskip Playback, EPG Back On Guide, Hide EPG scroll bar, UPnP (Playon) Browser
I'm pretty sure ADM is the issue. I think you need to manually add the link to my menu. I don't use ADM and can't tell you how to do that. The menu you are looking for is under "Online". When you select that you will see UPnP Browser on the bottom of the list of menu choices.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm pretty sure ADM is the issue. I think you need to manually add the link to my menu. I don't use ADM and can't tell you how to do that. The menu you are looking for is under "Online". When you select that you will see UPnP Browser on the bottom of the list of menu choices.
In ADM you need to go into options and enable copy mode then you will be able to copy the specific sage menu item to the custom menu. the details are in the wiki i believe but i have not used ADM in years as its built into gemstone

k
Old 05-22-2016, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Regarding the UPnP Server, I think the best option would be to leverage Phoenix to provide the folder structures. Allow browsing through vfs would provide the best mix of usability and custimizablity.
I'm working on this for the next release.