SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Tom,
I've lost track of where this plugin is, progress wise, and it's hard to decipher from this thread.
1. Can you watch while downloading?
2. Can you watch live streams (ESPN3)?
3. Can I install it and still have EP's original plugin as well (in case I have problems or wife dislikes)?
4. Any chance you could post a couple of screenshots?
Thanks.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Tom,
I've lost track of where this plugin is, progress wise, and it's hard to decipher from this thread.
1. Can you watch while downloading?
2. Can you watch live streams (ESPN3)?
3. Can I install it and still have EP's original plugin as well (in case I have problems or wife dislikes)?
4. Any chance you could post a couple of screenshots?
Thanks.
That's the problem with long threads, too hard to find things

1. Yes, but you need to be running V9.
2. Yes.
3. I'm not sure, I've never tried that. I suspect the answer is yes.
4. I'll try to do that later this week.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
Sage User

install

I tried to install this plugin from the All available plugins section and getting errors for installing phoenix core api. It is pointing to google. It's been a few years since I installed sagetv and my pc died so i need to reinstall it and it seems none of the plugins work now. Was there a new step I missed. Should i open a new thread about it?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjcol View Post
I tried to install this plugin from the All available plugins section and getting errors for installing phoenix core api. It is pointing to google. It's been a few years since I installed sagetv and my pc died so i need to reinstall it and it seems none of the plugins work now. Was there a new step I missed. Should i open a new thread about it?
Phoenix-core is maintained by stuckless. I suggest posting in the phoenix thread. I thought stuckless updated it already, not sure why it's not working for you.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Phoenix-core is maintained by stuckless. I suggest posting in the phoenix thread. I thought stuckless updated it already, not sure why it's not working for you.
I'm pretty sure Phoenix api/core is updated in the Sage 9 repo. I don't intend to do any support for Sage 7.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Sage User

I installed Sagetv 9 over sagetv 7, in order to get epg. Was that the wrong way to go about things?
Old 08-30-2016, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm pretty sure Phoenix api/core is updated in the Sage 9 repo. I don't intend to do any support for Sage 7.
It looks like the gson plugin (which is still owned by slugger, it seems) is still set to download from google code, which, while the file is still available in their archive, it is not at the same path as the plugin manifest shows (this is a very recent change on google code, so it just now came up). A new manifest needs to be put out - either by slugger changing it in v7, which would fix it for everyone, or one of us adding a new version to the v9 repo, which would only fix it for current v9 users.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-30-2016, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
It looks like the gson plugin (which is still owned by slugger, it seems) is still set to download from google code, which, while the file is still available in their archive, it is not at the same path as the plugin manifest shows (this is a very recent change on google code, so it just now came up). A new manifest needs to be put out - either by slugger changing it in v7, which would fix it for everyone, or one of us adding a new version to the v9 repo, which would only fix it for current v9 users.
I might make this my weekend project... ie, try to install phoenix/gemstone on a fresh install and see what fails, and then move those libraries to bintray for sagetv 9.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I checked it out, and it looks like just gson. Checked the repository, and sure enough, the link gives a 404. I was going to put it in bintray, but need to be let into the secret club first.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, I checked it out, and it looks like just gson. Checked the repository, and sure enough, the link gives a 404. I was going to put it in bintray, but need to be let into the secret club first.. ;-)
To update the Sage9 Repor, you just need to clone it, update it, and then create a pull request with the change If you need access to bintray, you just need to request it from the OpenSageTv org area. (I see you did that... approved )
Old 08-30-2016, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
To update the Sage9 Repor, you just need to clone it, update it, and then create a pull request with the change If you need access to bintray, you just need to request it from the OpenSageTv org area. (I see you did that... approved )
yeah, that's all I needed - still this will only fix things for v9 users. Slugger still needs to fix the v7 repository for others.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Installed plugin, but no menu entry

I installed this plugin after updating to v9. I'm not seeing any entry for PlayOn (or anything similar) under my "Online" menu. What am I doing wrong? My PlayOn server is on the same computer as my Sage server.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
I installed this plugin after updating to v9. I'm not seeing any entry for PlayOn (or anything similar) under my "Online" menu. What am I doing wrong? My PlayOn server is on the same computer as my Sage server.
Are you using the stock UI (V7 stv)? If you are using Gemstone for example, you have to copy the UPnP menu item to the Gemstone menu.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
Are you using the stock UI (V7 stv)? If you are using Gemstone for example, you have to copy the UPnP menu item to the Gemstone menu.
I am using the stock v7 UI, but used ADM to tweak the menus slightly, and applied a theme (I changed some of the backgrounds). Other than that, it's stock. I did find a post somewhere about using the ADM "copy" mode to add the menu items, and tried that, but ran into various issues. (I'm not at home right now, so can't pull up all the details). Here is a recollection - I can gather more specific details and/or screen shots when I'm back at my server, but if these recollections suggest something I'm doing wrong, please advise:

Several "Playon - [various]," not sure which to pick. I picked "Playon Netflix" for starters, but then when I tried to use the menu entry, got (I think) a blank screen). I tried another listing (probably just the generic "PlayOn"), and the 'UP&P" menu did eventually appear. When I invoked it, it showed PlayOn among other things, but when I invoked PlayOn, it didn't see anything there (I have a lot of PlayOn stuff on my server, so there must be some setting to be changed in order for it to be seen).

Is there somewhere a general instructional document for this plugin?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am using the stock v7 UI, but used ADM to tweak the menus slightly, and applied a theme (I changed some of the backgrounds). Other than that, it's stock. I did find a post somewhere about using the ADM "copy" mode to add the menu items, and tried that, but ran into various issues. (I'm not at home right now, so can't pull up all the details). Here is a recollection - I can gather more specific details and/or screen shots when I'm back at my server, but if these recollections suggest something I'm doing wrong, please advise:

Several "Playon - [various]," not sure which to pick. I picked "Playon Netflix" for starters, but then when I tried to use the menu entry, got (I think) a blank screen). I tried another listing (probably just the generic "PlayOn"), and the 'UP&P" menu did eventually appear. When I invoked it, it showed PlayOn among other things, but when I invoked PlayOn, it didn't see anything there (I have a lot of PlayOn stuff on my server, so there must be some setting to be changed in order for it to be seen).

Is there somewhere a general instructional document for this plugin?
Likely you cannot use one of the default menu items in menu manager as the playon item is newer. So you need to enable ADM copy mode which will take you to the default STV 7 menu. find the new playon item that the plugin created and select it and follow the steps to create a copy in your custom menu.

k
Old 06-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Likely you cannot use one of the default menu items in menu manager as the playon item is newer. So you need to enable ADM copy mode which will take you to the default STV 7 menu. find the new playon item that the plugin created and select it and follow the steps to create a copy in your custom menu.

k
I tried that, and created an entry using Copy mode. While Copy Mode was active, I got a UP&P listing that included my PlayOn server, but when I selected it, it said it was empty (it certainly shouldn't be). See attached image.
Then I turned off Copy Mode, and I get instead of the UP&P menu item, the PlayOn menu item I'd created. If I select it, I get nothing at all showing.
Attached Images
File Type: png UPnPMsg1.PNG (114.1 KB, 126 views)
Old 06-30-2017, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried that, and created an entry using Copy mode. While Copy Mode was active, I got a UP&P listing that included my PlayOn server, but when I selected it, it said it was empty (it certainly shouldn't be). See attached image.
Then I turned off Copy Mode, and I get instead of the UP&P menu item, the PlayOn menu item I'd created. If I select it, I get nothing at all showing.
I assume then that the menu item does something special that copy mode does not handle. Not much help for you but not sure I can help at this time. In the fall i might have time to look at the issue but not any time soon

k
Old 06-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I assume then that the menu item does something special that copy mode does not handle. Not much help for you but not sure I can help at this time. In the fall i might have time to look at the issue but not any time soon

k
Thanks for trying - maybe someone else here will have an idea. Clearly it seems to be working for other people, so I must be missing something.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for trying - maybe someone else here will have an idea. Clearly it seems to be working for other people, so I must be missing something.
I would try disabling ADM temporarily and see if you can get UPNP working in the stock v7 interface. Once you have it working, try re-enabling ADM and using copy mode to add the menu item.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 07-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

I got it working through ADM, but I don't recall how. I'll go play with it and see how (the TV near where I am right now is being used by the kids. )
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.