SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

MD5 Error While Installing InfoPopUp/CallerID Plugin From Plugin Manager

Hi all,

Was making plans to do a fresh install of Ver 7 to 9 and migrate my movies and recordings there and leave behind any old bits and pieces when I ran into a problem while testing. Testing is being done in a VM, which I don't believe is involved in this. I've tried in Ver 7 and Ver 9 - same thing.

The forum page for the download is here...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=386

As per the attached image, the plugin is failing to install with a MD5 checksum error. All of the dependencies mentioned in the plugin's details successfully install, but it failed when it reached the point of downloading the stvi. As per the attached error image, looks like the plugin install is trying to draw the file from:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...b5485c85906254

I can download the file successfully in the browser and unzip it with no issues...

This is one of the major plugins we use. If I can't get the plugin installed because it keeps failing, I will have to upgrade in place my production Sage install to Ver 9 in order to preserve the plugin...

Has anyone else run into this issue, and successfully manually installed the plugin? Obviously having the plugin installed properly would be better since configuration could be done through the plugin vice manually...

I know for a fact the install from the Plugin manager worked properly about 3 or 4 years ago.

Tnx!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error.jpg (125.5 KB, 273 views)
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3

Last edited by SteveW; 03-13-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

So it looks like the forum download file area somehow got changed to host ZIP files rather than the raw data files that were previously hosted. So the plugin install is failing because the original STVi file is now a ZIP file and the MD5 hash does not match anymore.
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200
Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeblue.com View Post
So it looks like the forum download file area somehow got changed to host ZIP files rather than the raw data files that were previously hosted. So the plugin install is failing because the original STVi file is now a ZIP file and the MD5 hash does not match anymore.

Ok thanks, that explains a lot. Is there some way to overcome this? Or is this a discussion you have to have with the forum hosts/mods?
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-21-2016, 12:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

So it looks like it was not a ZIP file issue after all, but rather a MD5 mismatch. Maybe the files hosted on the forums were re-compressed at some point causing the MD5 hash to change. I have moved the files to a private hosting server and re-deployed the plugins to the plugin repository as v7.0.3 with the new file download paths and MD5 hashes.

Please try the newly posted v7.0.3 which should be updated in the plugin repository soon. This update seems to fix the install issue ... at least it did on my old (Windows XP) SageTV system.

Thanks, Robert
Capture Devices: 2 @ Hauppauge HD-PVR (1212), Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/QAM, HD Homerun
Media Extenders: 2 @ Sage HD100 & 1 @ Sage HD200
Signals/Providers: AT&T UVerse, OTA ATSC
Set-Top-Box: 2 @ Motorola Box VIP 1200