SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question on Text properties and color

I am storing colors in properties files so they get stored like

Code:
Property=\#cc9933
for the color "#cc9933". It all returns fine in a string but for some reason when I set the color on a theme for the Font specifically it doesn't get set
say I have

Code:
ForegroundColor=GetProperty(property,"#cc9933")
The color doesn't get set. I have a feeling it's how the theme widget is parsing it vs a text widget. Whats odd is it also works ok in retrieving image names named after the color.

What am I missing?
Old 11-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I believe it is the "\" adder the setproperty call is adding to it because looking in the default themes they don't have a "\" after the color...So anyone know how to remove the "\" from getting set in the property? it appears text widgets parse it correctly but the theme setting doesn't
Old 11-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Try
Code:
property=0xcc9933
ForegroundColor=GetProperty(property,"0xcc9933")
I'm assuming the different case of property/Property in your example is a typo

John
Old 11-07-2016, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Try
Code:
property=0xcc9933
ForegroundColor=GetProperty(property,"0xcc9933")
I'm assuming the different case of property/Property in your example is a typo

John
Ya I type on the post. I gave up on this after testing fully by putting calls in the color property of a theme widget that logged I can see these are only set on occasion. It appears to be at first draw and then they aren't rechecked for instance when an area is refreshed. So it kind of threw my dynamic coloring of fonts out the window. But it's ok at least I somewhat figure out why. It appears the theme widgets are more "permanent" setting than other widgets that refresh their attributes when the area is refreshed.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

They way I've seen it done and done myself in the past is to check to see if the value has changed and if so reload the menu.

John
Old 11-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
They way I've seen it done and done myself in the past is to check to see if the value has changed and if so reload the menu.

John
That might work but sounds slow. I was changing the value often based on a selection. It's ok I went a different route thanks for trying to help! That makes sense that would trigger the refresh of the value.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeProject View Post
Code:
ForegroundColor=GetProperty(property,"#cc9933")
I'm curious: are you setting the theme value via the GetProperty call or by using =SomeVariableName?

Setting it dynamically using a variable name, instead of using the API call, ought to work, as far as I recall.

And, yes, it uses a format of 0xRRGGBB, as is used in the default STV's theme.properties files.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I'm curious: are you setting the theme value via the GetProperty call or by using =SomeVariableName?

Setting it dynamically using a variable name, instead of using the API call, ought to work, as far as I recall.

And, yes, it uses a format of 0xRRGGBB, as is used in the default STV's theme.properties files.

Andy
I've tried both somevariable and properties they just aren't instantly updated but like said above they are on a refresh of the menu but if the values or variables change in-between they aren't refreshed with the areas. No biggie I changed the way I was displaying.