SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Sage

Thank you very much for those logs...interesting. Can you also get me one from V9 where the transition does actually work?

For some reason, in the V7 one, I'm not seeing the EOS message come back from the demuxer like it is supposed to. Which is why there's actually some black screen that occurs when the transition should truly be seamless. The change I made to VideoFrame.java should work fine if that EOS message comes back from the demuxer.

As pointed out, that message does show up in the V9 log. The *proper* fix for this is to figure out why the demuxer message isn't coming back...however, in the interest of at least making v9 behave like v7 in this sense...I'm going to put a fix in now which will revert this behavior to be like v7 if using the DShowMediaPlayer. Then later, if someone wants to dig into this on Windows and figure out how to get that event working right in all cases, then playback would be seamless on these transitions.

The corresponding change to make this behave like V7 has now been committed. Thanks for the help in figuring this one out.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Please let me know when the fix is available. I will be happy to try and evaluate it.

Thank you everyone for looking into this. I was beginning to think my house was cursed as the problem followed not only OS changes but completely different computer hardware.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleaudb View Post
Please let me know when the fix is available. I will be happy to try and evaluate it.

Thank you everyone for looking into this. I was beginning to think my house was cursed as the problem followed not only OS changes but completely different computer hardware.
If you rebuild Sage.jar from GitHub then you can have the fix now...otherwise you'll need to wait until a prebuilt update gets posted.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Sage User

I can wait as I don't have the knowledge to rebuild java files.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Thank you very much for those logs...interesting. Can you also get me one from V9 where the transition does actually work?

For some reason, in the V7 one, I'm not seeing the EOS message come back from the demuxer like it is supposed to. Which is why there's actually some black screen that occurs when the transition should truly be seamless. The change I made to VideoFrame.java should work fine if that EOS message comes back from the demuxer.

As pointed out, that message does show up in the V9 log. The *proper* fix for this is to figure out why the demuxer message isn't coming back...however, in the interest of at least making v9 behave like v7 in this sense...I'm going to put a fix in now which will revert this behavior to be like v7 if using the DShowMediaPlayer. Then later, if someone wants to dig into this on Windows and figure out how to get that event working right in all cases, then playback would be seamless on these transitions.

The corresponding change to make this behave like V7 has now been committed. Thanks for the help in figuring this one out.
So my setup is the unraid docker and the miniclient. I sometimes use a windows client, but the behavior is no different from one to the other.

My issue is similar to the above, but I get a 10 second freeze at the end of a show. It always continues, but this issue has been present since v7 IIRC.

Is this the same issue or a different one?

It also seems to occur mostly on colossus recordings and not with OTA. I've tried changing the always tune setting with no change. What else can I try?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you rebuild Sage.jar from GitHub then you can have the fix now...otherwise you'll need to wait until a prebuilt update gets posted.
Thanks for the fix .... patiently awaiting net release.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
So my setup is the unraid docker and the miniclient. I sometimes use a windows client, but the behavior is no different from one to the other.

My issue is similar to the above, but I get a 10 second freeze at the end of a show. It always continues, but this issue has been present since v7 IIRC.

Is this the same issue or a different one?

It also seems to occur mostly on colossus recordings and not with OTA. I've tried changing the always tune setting with no change. What else can I try?
That issue sounds a little different. Go ahead and post a log file and I'll take a look at it...but please start another thread for it.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Sage

Here's an updated JAR built with the fix included. Please test it out and let me know if it fixes the problem....I'd like to be sure of that before they go ahead and build a new full release. Just extract the Sage.jar file from this zip and replace the one on your system (while SageTV is not running of course).

http://download.sagetv.com/Sage_Live...hFreezeFix.zip
Old 01-09-2017, 10:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's an updated JAR built with the fix included. Please test it out and let me know if it fixes the problem....I'd like to be sure of that before they go ahead and build a new full release. Just extract the Sage.jar file from this zip and replace the one on your system (while SageTV is not running of course).

It works great on my Windows Clients did not even notice the switch to the next show ...
Old 01-10-2017, 06:28 AM
Sage User

Installed v9 and the fix.

So far so good.

No noticeable pause or interruption during program changes.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That issue sounds a little different. Go ahead and post a log file and I'll take a look at it...but please start another thread for it.
Will do. Thanks.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Just installed patch.
Will let you know if it works on my system also.
Client Hardware: HD200 x2, INT-422-3 & WR7 Remote
Service Provider: Cablevision (QAM to 2250, SamsungBox to HDPVR)
Old 01-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Sage

So far sounds great, thanks for testing it out!
Old 01-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will this need to be applied to the PC clients also or just the server?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
Will this need to be applied to the PC clients also or just the server?
When upgrading, I would recommend making sure your server and all of your PC clients are running the same version.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 01-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
V9sagetv_0.zip

V7sagetv_0.zip

Here is the requested V9 log that worked and a new V7. Both of these logs were recorded while playing live TV, whereas the previous ones were playing with a 30 second rewind. Playing live is about the only way V9 would not freeze.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeGonge View Post
Just installed patch.
Will let you know if it works on my system also.
Great News! It appears to be fixed! I ran it through 2 program transitions and no freeze up. Great work!!!
Client Hardware: HD200 x2, INT-422-3 & WR7 Remote
Service Provider: Cablevision (QAM to 2250, SamsungBox to HDPVR)
Old 01-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrahler5 View Post
Attachment 15956

Attachment 15957

Here is the requested V9 log that worked and a new V7. Both of these logs were recorded while playing live TV, whereas the previous ones were playing with a 30 second rewind. Playing live is about the only way V9 would not freeze.
Thanks for that. Both of these show the demuxer EOS event coming back up from the player into the Java layer, which then properly triggers the transition. It's very odd that it's not sending that when you're further behind live TV...somebody who can debug stuff on the Windows side would need to figure that out at some point. I'll create a GitHub issue to track it.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Sage User

I have been running with the new Sage.jar file for a couple of days now and I haven't had a single freeze at the end of a live show. Great work Narflex.

That being said. The introduction of the new Sage.jar files appears to have introduced an audio glitch. At least for me. I get random cutouts in the audio. Multiple times during a show. If I backup and play through those same few seconds, the audio is intact.
I'm going to roll back to the previous V9 Sage.jar file tonight to confirm that the problem doesn't exist for me in that build. What's that dev joke? Fix 1 problem and create 5 more?
Old 01-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic-Order View Post
I have been running with the new Sage.jar file for a couple of days now and I haven't had a single freeze at the end of a live show. Great work Narflex.

That being said. The introduction of the new Sage.jar files appears to have introduced an audio glitch. At least for me. I get random cutouts in the audio. Multiple times during a show. If I backup and play through those same few seconds, the audio is intact.
I'm going to roll back to the previous V9 Sage.jar file tonight to confirm that the problem doesn't exist for me in that build. What's that dev joke? Fix 1 problem and create 5 more?
I'd be very surprised if the JAR somehow caused that issue...unless it only occurs after a program transition (which could mean it's underflow related).