SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:56 AM
SageTVaholic

The UI files also need to be updated.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The UI files also need to be updated.
Oh, yes, brain not quite working at 100% this morning. More specifically the SageTV7 folder in STVs should be replaced.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Bare minimum you just need to replace the jar file and add the environment variable for your SageTV key. Upgrading the exe's is not strictly necessary but the key will still be required if you don't. Shouldn't be a problem with an existing installation. The only other thing to pay attention to is to make sure the only Lucene jar file you have in JARs is lucene-core-3.6.0.jar.
Mine is version lucene-core-3.0.1.jar. How do you get the newer version?
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 12-19-2016, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
Mine is version lucene-core-3.0.1.jar. How do you get the newer version?
Looks like you can download it here: https://github.com/google/sagetv/tre...d_party/Lucene
Old 12-19-2016, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Just keep in mind there ARE other files that have changed under v9 other than the SageTV7 STV, sage.jar and the lucene jar. It may will work but no guarantee now that developers have made other changes.

k
Old 12-24-2016, 11:29 AM
Sage User

So just for grins, I used Dependency Walker on the V7 and V9 versions of SageTVDX93D.dll and then saved the exported functions out as text files. I then ran a file diff on the two versions. The files are too big to upload here, but there appears to be huge blocks of differences in the versions. Someone who knows what they are doing should have a look at this to see what is going on with the V9 builds vs V7.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Just keep in mind there ARE other files that have changed under v9 other than the SageTV7 STV, sage.jar and the lucene jar. It may will work but no guarantee now that developers have made other changes.
I think most of those changes were largely around EnterNoEscape and SageDCT/network tuner tie-ins and/or efforts just to get the thing to compile paired with removal of unused code(which may have mis-identified?). So as long as you don't rely on SageDCT, you're probably safe enough.

Of course, I haven't tested that. So I'm not sure at this time. If I'm ambitious I might have some answers in about 2 weeks. Haven't updated my SageTV V9 server in about a year. As I don't use SageDCT at this time, and nothing that I'm aware of since then has really been a "must have" or really "want to have" item for me right now. So basically one of those "If it ain't broke..." situations for me.

Last edited by Monedeath; 12-26-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Sage User

Upgraded to V9 but had to use V7 SageTVDX93D.dll

So, I never was able to get V9 to work either as an upgrade to my V7 or as a standalone install on my main HTPC. It would try to start up but crap out with the messages I posted earlier in this thread. Due to problems I started to experience last week with the V7 Schedules Direct plugin, I decided to come back to this and upgraded my V7 with V9. I was hopeful it might work since this machine was recently updated with the Windows 10 Creator's update. Long story short...same problem. I replaced the V9 SageTVDX93D.dll with the V7 version of this file and BAM...it works.

My question is, what problems have I opened myself up to by doing this?
Old 06-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwittl View Post
So, I never was able to get V9 to work either as an upgrade to my V7 or as a standalone install on my main HTPC. It would try to start up but crap out with the messages I posted earlier in this thread. Due to problems I started to experience last week with the V7 Schedules Direct plugin, I decided to come back to this and upgraded my V7 with V9. I was hopeful it might work since this machine was recently updated with the Windows 10 Creator's update. Long story short...same problem. I replaced the V9 SageTVDX93D.dll with the V7 version of this file and BAM...it works.

My question is, what problems have I opened myself up to by doing this?
I can't think of any problems that would create since the code is identical between V7 and V9 for that library, it's just built differently.