SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Maybe. Like I said, I didn't dig too far. If that is the case, it would be nice to be able to override the miniclient resolution, instead of the 'brute force' of going to half of reported.
I agree... the "half native" was a quick think that I did because I thought it would control the sizes of the images that sagetv sends to the client... but that isn't the case... sagetv always sends the physical image, whatever size that is, and then sends the command to scale it. So in the end, this setting didn't do what I thought it would... and it's broken anyways (as mentioned above).

But I do think it would be a good option to allow a configured resolution (maybe even a pick list of the common sizes).
Old 02-03-2017, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
or we could look at upgrading the icons and replace them with 1080p versions.
Opening my Placeshifter at work on my 1080p monitor looks nice. So I don't think, with the exception of the background images used on the clock and stuff, it's necessarily a problem with the resolution of the individual images.

I've attached a couple screenshots of my Placeshifter at work for comparison.

Another thing I just noticed is that apparently the way the Miniclient renders fonts on the main menu makes the smaller "unselected" menu items look a bit unsmooth but then when you arrow to the menu items they are shown at their full resolution.

You know, I always wondered and was annoyed by the gaps that showed up on the upper and lower information areas and now know that it's because those particular images are just horribly low resolution.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, added those screenshots to the OneDrive share. I realized they were too large to attach.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

I think there are a few of the images that could use a makeover. For example the arrow on the main menu that indicates that there is another menu level doesn't look all that great. But for the most part they don't look too horrible.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Looking through logfiles I can see that the miniclient is trying to figure out what menu is displaying in order to deal with keystrokes and button presses in the most efficient way. Is there anything plugins can do to make them more "miniclient friendly"?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I've noticed that the weather plugin in the default STV on the Android Miniclient doesn't show the current weather image in the status area.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Looking through logfiles I can see that the miniclient is trying to figure out what menu is displaying in order to deal with keystrokes and button presses in the most efficient way. Is there anything plugins can do to make them more "miniclient friendly"?
The miniclient uses the menu names to determine when video is playing and an OSD is visible. It does it for the "smart remote" functionality. There is nothing a plugin would need to do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I've noticed that the weather plugin in the default STV on the Android Miniclient doesn't show the current weather image in the status area.
Can you show screen shots of what it is like and what it should be like?
Old 02-27-2017, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

I experienced a strange issue this weekend with some new android devices I purchased to load the mini client on. I had purchased one of the devices a while back and determined it runs the Mini Client with the ExoPlayer pretty well. So I purchased several more to use in a vacation home that I have and headed there this weekend. As I began to install the devices and load the mini client all went well with the first two TV installation. On a third TV (a Samsung 60" 1080P) everything installed well but no matter what I do on the android device or TV settings I cannot get Audio with the ExoPlayer. All connections are with HDMI and all TV audio setups were similar (I think PCM). I swapped boxes between the various TV's and the audio always works on the first two TV's but never does on the third TV. If I change to the IJK Player all works fine on all TV's with audio though the performance for video is not so good on Some channels with the IJK vs the ExoPlayer. So I know the Samsung can receive audio from the Android device as it does with the IJK Player. I know all boxes can send audio with the ExoPlayer as each box was on each TV and the common failing combo is the Samsung TV with the ExoPlayer. But why does it play audio with the IJK player?

Is there anything with the ExoPlayer, or possibly the way HDMI handles audio with it that would cause this? I will concede it could be the TV but I am not convinced since it can play Audio with IJK. I will probably head back down that way this weekend and bring my Shield and try it on the TV to to see if that tells me anything different.

I could pull a log file but I am not sure whether it would provide any feedback on missing audio in the client? Any thoughts or suggestions or maybe some insight on how Exo and HDMI work vs IJK & HDMI?

Last edited by phantomii; 02-27-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:08 AM
SageTVaholic

IJK player uses software decoding only for audio. Exo will use audio passthough by default. You can try turning off audio passthrough in the MiniClient setting and see if that works (I suspect it will).
Old 03-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Since this is not something I can test or work on remotely it will have to wait till I am there in about a week. I will let you know if this fixes the issue. Seems to me I tried that but I could be wrong. Thanks!