SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Android MiniClient issue

I want to say first I love the the miniclient. However, my wife is experiencing some issues with it. I have 3 Nvidia ShieldTV's with miniclient on all 3 and each one is behaving the same way.
My wife likes to watch live TV but likes to pause to go do stuff. What is happening is after a while, meaning that it works correctly in the beginning, after she pauses, the time continues to increment but the show is paused. When she un-pauses it, it jumps all the way to the current time. I have confirmed this on the other 2 ShieldTV's as well. She hasn't had this issue with the HD300 but she does with this, so I am pretty sure it is a miniclient issue.

Is this a known issue and can it be fixed?
Thanks,
Chuck
Recording Drive's: 2 x WD WD4001FAEX (4 TB)
Tuner's: 2 x Ceton InfiniTV 4's
Clients: 3 x Nvidia Shield TV's; Spares: 2 x HD300's
SageTV v9.1.2.662 with OpenDCT v0.5.28
Java 1.8.0_111-b14 (32bit)
Old 02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarbo1 View Post
I want to say first I love the the miniclient. However, my wife is experiencing some issues with it. I have 3 Nvidia ShieldTV's with miniclient on all 3 and each one is behaving the same way.
My wife likes to watch live TV but likes to pause to go do stuff. What is happening is after a while, meaning that it works correctly in the beginning, after she pauses, the time continues to increment but the show is paused. When she un-pauses it, it jumps all the way to the current time. I have confirmed this on the other 2 ShieldTV's as well. She hasn't had this issue with the HD300 but she does with this, so I am pretty sure it is a miniclient issue.

Is this a known issue and can it be fixed?
Thanks,
Chuck
Is this only for livetv... or is it for any paused content? You are likely right that the miniclient needs to do something... I'm just not sure what that would be. I don't even know that content that is being played is livetv vs prerecorded
Old 02-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Is this only for livetv... or is it for any paused content? You are likely right that the miniclient needs to do something... I'm just not sure what that would be. I don't even know that content that is being played is livetv vs prerecorded
From what I can tell it is only on live tv.
Recording Drive's: 2 x WD WD4001FAEX (4 TB)
Tuner's: 2 x Ceton InfiniTV 4's
Clients: 3 x Nvidia Shield TV's; Spares: 2 x HD300's
SageTV v9.1.2.662 with OpenDCT v0.5.28
Java 1.8.0_111-b14 (32bit)
Old 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
There are a few issues with prerecorded content and pausing that you may already be aware of. I am using Mi Boxes for reference and the same thing happens on both boxes.

Whenever I pause for a short period of time it seems to work fine when unpausing. If I walk away for several minutes and unpause, it jumps forward and then back again an arbitrary amount of time (could be related to how long I have been away). If this happens too close to the end of a show it stops playing and marks it watched. This is a consistent behavior on the Mi Box.

If I pause for an extremely long time it dies trying to play the show back and stops. I usually can test this and make it happen quicker by jumping back 10s and it immediately dies because it can't seem to open the file again. I can immediately play the file again with no problem.

It also has an issue where it jumps to the end of the timeline and back to the beginning with a stutter for several seconds on most shows when they are first played. I usually wait until it jumps back to the beginning and skip back 10s which seems to start from the beginning and plays fine.

Cheers,
Mack
Old 02-13-2017, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

This is probably related to https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...ient/issues/65. Seeking is definitely broken in live TV if you go past a show boundary....