SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

New problem showing up only on Android Miniclient

I've just developed a new problem on my Android Miniclients. If I browse around the recorded TV shows the client will lock up. I can browse the same shows on my HD300 with no issue.

I initially thought it was just my Shield TV box but realized later that my Samsung Galaxy S7 was doing the same thing. It seems to playback TV fine and I can browse around some things but when I get to browsing recorded TV shows it locks up. In an attempt to minimize memory usage I removed Phoenix Fan Art and CMT but I'm still seeing the lockup so I can't pin it on an out of memory situation. I've added my log file just in case anyone has an idea what's going on.

At this point I'm sure it has to be something on the server because it's impacting multiple Android Miniclients.

Thanks.

Last edited by sacrament055; 02-21-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Sage Icon

I think you forgot the log file.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Guess I hit the file limit. I've scaled it back a bit now while trying to leave as much as I can in case it's actually related to something happening earlier.

The weirder thing about this is that the app itself seems to be working despite the menus freezing up. I can long press and the navigation UI pops up but when I pick the buttons I don't see a response.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (384.0 KB, 167 views)
Old 02-27-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've been seeing the same behavior recently. I'll be sure to grab a log when I get home (if I remember).
Old 02-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Do either of you use the built-in transcoding? I have had a similar problem and while haven't had a chance to test it better, it seemed to only happen when something was being transcoded.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Do either of you use the built-in transcoding? I have had a similar problem and while haven't had a chance to test it better, it seemed to only happen when something was being transcoded.
No I don't use transcoding very often and when I do I would manually trigger it. Oddly I haven't been able to reproduce the problem the past couple days (Since the last update to Phoneix)
Old 02-27-2017, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

The last thing that the server seems to be doing prior to the lockup is sending this image to the client for display:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\GeneratedThumbnails\HTVImportsMysteriesattheMuseumSeason14MysteriesattheMuseumS14E09MysteriesattheMuseumS14E09MutuallyAssuredMisstepsFirstTrainRobberyandDeclarationDiscovered167704960mkv.jpg
It's on line 2100 of the log. See if that image is funky (open it locally) or back that one up first and then copy another jpg in that thumbnail directory over top of that one (keeping the name like above).

It's possible the file is corrupt and causing the client side to crash.

If it crashes again, post the log as there may be more of these.

In any case, Stuckless may want a copy of that jpg if it turns out to be the culprit.

Last edited by wnjj; 02-27-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
No I don't use transcoding very often and when I do I would manually trigger it. Oddly I haven't been able to reproduce the problem the past couple days (Since the last update to Phoneix)
Strange, I played around with it a little this evening on my SHIELD and tablet. I moved up and down the recorded TV list a couple times on both with no issues then played a show on each then did another up and down on the recorded shows. (This always failed before.) THEN I started a transcoding job and did the same. The UI froze at one point on both. It was not right away, but the tablet and SHIELD both puked. I switched to the HD300, let the transcoding job finish then tried again on Android with no problems. Next time I'll zero in more on times and log files, but really suspect some issue for me with the native transcoding, (which I have to use or else the shows do not play well at all with Android ExoPlayer for 5.1 or Placeshifter)...
Old 02-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
I just noticed you can't reproduce it anymore. Is that because the Mysteries at the Museum show thumbnail isn't trying to be displayed anymore? Are there other newer episodes that come up first? The log you posted pretty clearly hung after sending that thumbnail, never getting a response from the client.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
I just noticed you can't reproduce it anymore. Is that because the Mysteries at the Museum show thumbnail isn't trying to be displayed anymore? Are there other newer episodes that come up first? The log you posted pretty clearly hung after sending that thumbnail, never getting a response from the client.
That show got watched and deleted which apparently cleared the issue?
If it comes up again I'll see if we can figure it out.

Thanks for the response.