SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Imported Recordings not finding MetaData

I think I broke something when I upgraded from V7 to V9. Under V7 I could upload Video recordings (Rips basically) and most times when the scan ran it would find and create metadata. However, it seems that since I've upgraded to V9, the scan never works.
This weekend I uploaded these shows:
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E01_TimeToStartLivin.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E02_ToWhomItMayConcern.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E03_Soulmates.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E04_TheMasterpiece.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E05_TheEdgeOfForever.mkv

And that's the way they stay in my Videos menu. Obviously I can do an IMDB search and get that all straightened out, but it would be nice if I could figure out why they are not auto-parsing and auto-populating the metadata.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
I think I broke something when I upgraded from V7 to V9. Under V7 I could upload Video recordings (Rips basically) and most times when the scan ran it would find and create metadata. However, it seems that since I've upgraded to V9, the scan never works.
This weekend I uploaded these shows:
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E01_TimeToStartLivin.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E02_ToWhomItMayConcern.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E03_Soulmates.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E04_TheMasterpiece.mkv
SignedSealedDelivered_S01E05_TheEdgeOfForever.mkv

And that's the way they stay in my Videos menu. Obviously I can do an IMDB search and get that all straightened out, but it would be nice if I could figure out why they are not auto-parsing and auto-populating the metadata.
You can't use CamelCase names (ie names without spaces except for actual SageTV recordings that also include the airing ID.

You are going to have to use spaces "Signed Sealed Delivered S01E01 Time To Start Livin.mkv" or dots... "Signed.Sealed.Delivered.S01E01.Time.To.Start.Livin.mkv"

Or you'll need to use BMT and add a Matcher for things that start with SignedSealedDelivered and map it to the tmdb lookup.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Stuckless,

Thought I was able to use CamelCase before, but the format with '.' between the words works great.