SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Sage Expert

This community rocks, Go OS Sage 9

I've been sitting on a nearly perfect V7 for 3 years or so and although I drop in and read about what you all are up to I hadn't made the plunge yet.

I've been thinking about doing the docker setup, but when I read about the end of our free scheduling coming during the summer I decided to stop just using Sage and start playing with it again.

So, this past weekend it was time to go from v7 to v9, while staying on my running just fine x64 Win 10 with Java 8.

So, stopped Sage service. Backed up Sage directory. Installed V9. Updated a bunch of plugins. Got the notice about Schedule license so came to the forums and found the fix. Put in the fix. And done.

Couldn't have been easier.

I just want to say a hearty thanks very much to the community and especially the folks working on our Open Source version of SageTV 9. This product has always been the best and it is somehow getting even better.

Next up for me.

Moving from Prime Net Encoder to OpenDCT (after using SageDCT for years) each of these Sage add-ons being another great example of why this community is so great.

Then getting on to schedules direct.

Then trying out the linux/docker world as running Sage under 64 bit java and being done with running out of memory is something I'd really like.

Thanks folks.
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 03-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Funny that several of us all decided to upgrade this past weekend. I agree with all of your sentiments. I am amazed at the skill and dedication shown by all the developers who come up with great solutions that allow me to keep using SageTV. I played around with unRAID/Docker this weekend and it was a blast. Really simple for someone who hasn't touched linux since around 2001.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Sage Expert

Ditto from me. I had a little panic when I read about the EPG service ending. My V7 is stable and just works. But obviously, I need an EPG.

Downloaded the V9 installer for the server and the client, ran them, updated plugins and back in business. Easy.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks yous guys

Same boat A oh so stable v7 on win7. Takes a lickin, keeps on tickin, Just a believer in the if it ain't broke, then squad. You have given me the positive push (well the EPG too) to pull the v9 upgrade this week.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to tbower
I had the same configuration and same positive experience.

Couldn't have been easier switching to Schedules Direct too.

Standing ovation from me!