SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Support for encrypted channels V9

Hi

After having issues with DVBLink v3.X I thought I should try to use my receivers directly under SageTV.
I have 3 AnySee E7 T2C's and one TBS 5881 receiver. all with CI+ CA's.
I'm living in Sweden and we use DVB-T and DVB-T2.
Before I used SageTV v7 with FireDTV and encrypted channels worked.
Not sure if it can work or not?
Bought receivers are supporting DBA-drivers. Encrypted channels worked in DVBLink.

Can somebody help?
Equipment: Dell Precision 670 2x3.0GHz XEON, Win 7Pro, SageTV 7, HDD:1 TB + Rec. disk:2x500 GB (RAID), GPU: ATI HD4670, 4x FireDTV CI/T, 3x AnySee E7 T2C and Display: BenQ W6000, 120"-screen. Extenders HD 200 x 2, HD 300 x 2.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

This might be an option for you: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...074#post549074
Old 03-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Sage User

Thanks for this, it looks interesting. However, I'm not at all into this with oscam and configurations around. It looks like it could be a really good solution but to me it's too complicated at the moment and I don't have the time to look at it in detail :-(
Equipment: Dell Precision 670 2x3.0GHz XEON, Win 7Pro, SageTV 7, HDD:1 TB + Rec. disk:2x500 GB (RAID), GPU: ATI HD4670, 4x FireDTV CI/T, 3x AnySee E7 T2C and Display: BenQ W6000, 120"-screen. Extenders HD 200 x 2, HD 300 x 2.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nippe View Post
Thanks for this, it looks interesting. However, I'm not at all into this with oscam and configurations around. It looks like it could be a really good solution but to me it's too complicated at the moment and I don't have the time to look at it in detail :-(
It has been a very long time since I wrote something on this forum...

The DVB Decrypter plugin is incredibly easy to setup, however like everything in STV you need to be willing to fiddle a little bit and get you hands dirty if you see what I mean

THIS link contains pretty much all you need to get you up and running, only one note of advice, before starting please make sure that all the tuners you intend to use are supported by STV directly, thus, a tuner with Windows BDA drivers is not necessarily supported by STV, you have to try and this is the only mandatory requirement to use my plugin.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 03-26-2018, 07:16 AM
Sage User

Thanks

I've started to read up on this matter. My receivers are supported since they are working with FreeView.

One thing that I'm not clear on is the Support for CI+ as I understood it, OSCAM do not support this additional encryption. And I need a SmartCard reade. So I think My only option here is to do a reinstall from start. :-(
Re-install windows and just they necessary software to get the TV up and running again....
Old 03-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks

I've started to read up on this matter. My receivers are supported since they are working with FreeView.
That's a very good starting point
Quote:
One thing that I'm not clear on is the Support for CI+ as I understood it, OSCAM do not support this additional encryption.
OSCAM is the software equivalence of a CI+ module which has been developed to circumvent the limitation of hardware CI+. Basically, all your current tuners with CI+ interface have no use with this solution. When you become more familiar with the whole system you might consider selling all your existing tuners and buy simple dual/quad tuners. The TBSs are currently your best chance with STV; this forum will help you on which one to choose.
Quote:
And I need a SmartCard reade.
Correct, I strongly recommend THIS smartcard reader. Depending on how many encrypted channels you intend to record/watch at the same time you might need two. You could always start with one and see how it goes, at the moment, I have one smartcard reader and I can decode 4 HD channels at the same time without issues.
Quote:
So I think My only option here is to do a reinstall from start. :-(
Re-install windows and just they necessary software to get the TV up and running again....
Good luck

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 03-26-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:14 AM
Sage User

Sounds excellent!!!
Now I just need to find the time for setting this up.
Nor sure about the Card reader, is this the one http://www.infinityusb.com/default.a...e&ProductID=31 you was referring to?

I do have at least 5 receivers, 3 AnySee E7 T2C and 2 TBS 5881. All of them have CA-modules. But it I can use them to other things that just fine!

I need to start testing this, could you verify that this is the smart card reader I need or send me a direct link to it?
Old 03-27-2018, 01:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sounds excellent!!!
Now I just need to find the time for setting this up.
Nor sure about the Card reader, is this the one http://www.infinityusb.com/default.a...e&ProductID=31 you was referring to?

I do have at least 5 receivers, 3 AnySee E7 T2C and 2 TBS 5881. All of them have CA-modules. But it I can use them to other things that just fine!

I need to start testing this, could you verify that this is the smart card reader I need or send me a direct link to it?
I had the infinity, but wasn't reliable and slow. In my post I was referring to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omnikey-302...s=omnikey+3021 which works perfectly and is very fast!

Eddy

Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 AM
Sage User

Thanks!

One ordered and will arrive on Thursday
Perfect, then I have some time during Easter to fix this...