SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-20-2019, 03:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Looking for a status update of Sagetv software

Hi,

Just popped into forum after a bit of a break. I read that one of our core developers has left the fold. Where does the software development & maintenance stand at this point? I still use the Sagetv products - V 9 Linux server & Win 10 full client. I am sorry to hear that Stuckless has left. Thank you for all your contribution to our TV viewing life! I hope there are enough of us users left to keep this product & community going.

Galaxysurfer

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 09-20-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
Hi,

Just popped into forum after a bit of a break. I read that one of our core developers has left the fold. Where does the software development & maintenance stand at this point? I still use the Sagetv products - V 9 Linux server & Win 10 full client. I am sorry to hear that Stuckless has left. Thank you for all your contribution to our TV viewing life! I hope there are enough of us users left to keep this product & community going.

Galaxysurfer
The only thing that might affect the way Sage continues working is the EPG ... lets hope if Schedules Direct changes in the future someone will update the way Sage gathers EPG data. I do not see any problems other than the EPG.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Don't worry about EPG, I'm kept in the loop with changes to Schedules Direct and have been making sure nothing breaks SageTV support. While I'm taking a break for now, I wouldn't let that prevent me from addressing any important issues introduced by our primary EPG provider. They generally don't make breaking changes anyway and provide a lot of notice. They also ask for input before hand to see if anyone wants what they are planning.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG