SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
It functions properly about 25% of the time, so I'm not quite sure what I have botched. The MediaFileID is being generated on the remote control so it's possible I have some programming issues that are causing the problem which is why I wanted to see what the webserver thinks it is receiving. I should still be able to look at it in another way, but it's a bit less trustworthy if I'm not seeing what the webserver thinks it is receiving.

Thanks again,
Mark
Just following up to myself - it was a timing problem. If a DVD is mounted on the server, it takes a little bit more time that I expected before it's recognized. If it's not recognized, the WatchNow command doesn't find the MediaFileId and Sage just thinks you want to watch live tv. I added a bit more delay between the mount and the WatchNow issue to the webserver and all is good. So, now I can issue a remote mount of .isos by name in my DVD library and send a WatchNow command with the DVDs MediaFileId and - voila - instant access on the HDextenders in Sage server mode.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, jreichen - here's what I found in my webserver log:

Code:
[Thu Feb 12 20:23:57 GMT-07:00 2009] /sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode: doServletGet(): Copying transcode stream to outputstream
[Thu Feb 12 20:23:58 GMT-07:00 2009] /sagepublic/MediaFileTranscode: doServletGet(): Stopping transcode due: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
I made some changes to the VLC transcoding that might help this. I added buffering on the server side so hopefully it won't unexpectedly drop the connection as much. An update to the webserver should be coming soon. Yes, that's right, an update to the webserver!

For your UPNP problem, I'm not sure about that one. I haven't dealt with UPNP at all, and I don't know whether the webserver even has UPNP code in it.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I made some changes to the VLC transcoding that might help this. I added buffering on the server side so hopefully it won't unexpectedly drop the connection as much. An update to the webserver should be coming soon. Yes, that's right, an update to the webserver!
W00T!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 2.23 released for Sage 2.2-6.5

Thanks to Jason, there is a new version of the sage webserver with a whole load of bugfixes, and some new features.

V2.23 24 Feb 2009 For SageTV 2.2-6.5
NOTE:
  • Requires Java JRE v1.6

BUGFIXES:
  • Import allows multiple airings for null channels
  • (jreichen) Set search string text box as the control with default focus on search page
  • (jreichen) The episode id is always the last 4 digits of the show id], regardless of the length of the show id
  • (jreichen) Fix errors that prevented VLC streaming from a Linux server.
  • (jreichen) Add server-side buffering for VLC streaming to reduce premature end-of-file errors
  • (jreichen) Recordings were not scheduled for a new favorite with a selected channel
  • (jreichen) Favorite Options item was sometimes still displayed on details page after favorite was deleted
  • (jreichen) Conflicts page crashes if missed airing is a manual recording
  • (jreichen) Conflict icon for missed manual recording not displayed in EPG, details, or search results
  • (jreichen) Web server was assuming port 80 was the default port when generating HTTP and HTTPS URLs. It should be port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS
  • (jreichen) RSS feed items had a problem in the URL and viewing them would display an error that it was an unknown AiringId
  • (jreichen) Remove unnecessary parameters from RSS feed URL because of the limit on the URL length in iTunes subscriptions
  • (jreichen) In the EPG Channel View, handle the case where no channels are configured in SageTV or the URL has invalid channel IDs
ENHANCEMENTS
  • (jreichen) Custom CSS styles for show categories and subcategories
  • (jreichen) Support for multi-channel favorites
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Cool. Been a long time since this was updated...

I just wish my Sage box wasn't dead... DVR boxes stink, and have like 0.01% WAF...or HAF even...

=(
Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Welcome back, Nielm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Thanks to Jason, there is a new version of the sage webserver with a whole load of bugfixes, and some new features.
Fantastic! I love it, Nielm, welcome back. And great job, Jason.

Tested this for about 10 minutes and it works. First obvious difference is the always 4-digit ep code. Hooray! Will test thoroughly over the next couple of days and get back to you with anything I see... v5 compatible too! Hip hip, Hooray!!!

A few observations about the install though, and a gift.

On the install, all the .html files are missing in the .zip pack. I compared it against the previous version .zip file and it is even missing the about.html page, so I'm sure this was an oversight. In noticing the missing .html pages, I even found some interesting .html files I never saw before like the speed test. Will investigate what is there vs. what is missing, but without the previous .zip file, the new one is incomplete.

That being said, I also noticed that I have some updated graphics on my side that never got into the general compilation. Some of my poorly drawn ones are still there, and I figured I'd upload the new ones to be replaced in further packs. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip webremotebuttonupdates.zip (18.6 KB, 320 views)
Old 03-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Proxy through WHS IIS install

Has anyone tried to get this web interface to proxy through the webserver on IIS?

I've managed to get everything up and running and when I get to my new site I am proxied through (I know because I get the login prompt). However, once I've logged in, the browser just sits and spins.

I'm using the managed fusion plugin from codeplex and this the the rule that I have set up:

RewriteBase /Remote/Sage
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://<server>:8080/sage/home$1 [NC,P]
Old 03-02-2009, 12:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I've been waiting for an IIS version for years; but I never figured out a way to get it to work. Currently, I have IIS 7 to serve http/https (for my ASP.NET applications); and sageTV webserver to run completely independantly. It would be so nice to have sageTV webserver running on IIS https port 443.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Has anyone tried to get this web interface to proxy through the webserver on IIS?

I've managed to get everything up and running and when I get to my new site I am proxied through (I know because I get the login prompt). However, once I've logged in, the browser just sits and spins.

I'm using the managed fusion plugin from codeplex and this the the rule that I have set up:

RewriteBase /Remote/Sage
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://<server>:8080/sage/home$1 [NC,P]

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bummer!

Even with the new version, I see an "Unhandled Win32 Exception" on VLC.

Is there anything I can provide that will give more info on how to fix this?

Thanks ...

AzJazz
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

I just noticed the recent update, thanks a bunch for continuing to develop this great plug-in
Old 03-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Sage Expert

Thumbs up

Just wanted to thank you for the great (beta) feature that lets me edit show information and add external videos to sage's main recording menu. With this, I have simplified things and my wife is now very happy with sage!!!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Sage User

i get this error in the debug logs for sagetv and the webserver v2.23....

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "IsAiringHDTV" numargs=1

Code:
[Sun Mar 08 17:44:19 EDT 2009] /sage/RecordingSchedule: Exception while processing servlet net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingScheduleServlet
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "IsAiringHDTV" numargs=1
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:20)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.booleanApi(SageApi.java:144)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.Airing.createXmlElement(Airing.java:80)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.SageXmlWriter.addAiring(SageXmlWriter.java:338)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.SageXmlWriter.add(SageXmlWriter.java:187)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.SageXmlWriter.addArray(SageXmlWriter.java:215)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sagexmlinfo.SageXmlWriter.add(SageXmlWriter.java:179)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.SendXmlResult(SageServlet.java:383)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingScheduleServlet.doServletGet(RecordingScheduleServlet.java:78)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1504)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1479)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1366)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:17)
	... 15 more
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
	at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ai$e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ai.if(Unknown Source)
	... 17 more
what does this mean?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeZy View Post
i get this error in the debug logs for sagetv and the webserver v2.23....
[]
what does this mean?
It means a bizzare error is occuring somewhere internally in Sage -- which Sage version are you running?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 2.24 released

v2.24 9 Mar 2009 For SageTV 2.2-6.5 (download)

BUGFIXES:
* zipfile contains HTML pages this time
ENHANCEMENTS
* ToonGal's updated icons for the web-remote

Last edited by nielm; 03-09-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
It means a bizzare error is occuring somewhere internally in Sage -- which Sage version are you running?
i am running SageTV 2.28. is there a way to fix it?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I thought that might be the case.. The only solution for the moment is to upgrade sage, or not use the XML output -- the webserver's XML output support uses an Sage API call that is not available in v2.2.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I thought that might be the case.. The only solution for the moment is to upgrade sage, or not use the XML output -- the webserver's XML output support uses an Sage API call that is not available in v2.2.
is there a way to disable the xml output? perhaps a setting in the .properties file?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
v2.24 9 Mar 2009 For SageTV 2.2-6.5 (download)

BUGFIXES:
* zipfile contains HTML pages this time
ENHANCEMENTS
* ToonGal's updated icons for the web-remote
Just installed this.. I think.. but my homepage shows version 2.23 still? Did I install something incorrectly, or has that just not been updated to the 2.24 version yet in the gui?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeZy View Post
is there a way to disable the xml output? perhaps a setting in the .properties file?
just don't click the 'XML' button, or don't use other plugins that use the XML output feature (taskbar recording status icon?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Just installed this.. I think.. but my homepage shows version 2.23 still? Did I install something incorrectly, or has that just not been updated to the 2.24 version yet in the gui?
no, I'm just an idiot who didn't update the version number The about page should show 2.24.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
just don't click the 'XML' button, or don't use other plugins that use the XML output feature (taskbar recording status icon?)

no, I'm just an idiot who didn't update the version number The about page should show 2.24.
I think your modesty probably prevented it, so I'll say it.
You are a brilliant programmer who made a harmless oversight that can be corrected in the next release.

Tags
web