SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage User

can't install this on Vista for some reason

Running SageTV 6.5.13 on Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2 RC. Here's what I did:

1. Shutdown SageTV
2. Tried running installer, but when I got to the ports/username page, everything was grayed out and wouldn't let me continue.
3. Tried following the instructions on the web page to do the manual install. Now, when I start SageTV, I get the following error in the log file:

Tue 4/7 15:55:47.238 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer

Mike
Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscrivo View Post
Running SageTV 6.5.13 on Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2 RC. Here's what I did:

1. Shutdown SageTV
2. Tried running installer, but when I got to the ports/username page, everything was grayed out and wouldn't let me continue.
3. Tried following the instructions on the web page to do the manual install. Now, when I start SageTV, I get the following error in the log file:

Tue 4/7 15:55:47.238 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer

Mike
fixed it. Had to move the items in the package that were in \bin\JARs to JARs folder in the root. Looks like the package needs to be fixed up.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Where (what file) do the user specified options get saved ...stuff like Guide preferences.

Thanks in advance.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage Icon

They're stored as browser cookies.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Exclamation http://sageserver:8080/sage/GlobalCommand?command=ForceEpgUpdate

What the problem can be?

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "SetChannelViewabilityForChannelNumberOnLineup" numargs=4
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "SetChannelViewabilityForChannelNumberOnLineup" numargs=4
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:20)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.GlobalCommandServlet.doServletGet(GlobalCommandServlet.java:64)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1504)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1479)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1366)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:17)
... 8 more
Caused by: sage.a.e: Error in method reflection of SetChannelViewabilityForChannelNumberOnLineup of java.lang.NullPointerException
at sage.ax.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.e.a(Unknown Source)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at sage.d.h$21.try(Unknown Source)
... 12 more

Sage Server: [s]8xDVB-S2 with DVBE4Sage on YES DBS Israel 4W (3 virtual tuners) ,[/s] 3 x HD300 Extenders; 3 x HD200 Extender; 3 x SageTV Client;
Old 05-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tons of Win32 Exceptions when streaming!

Whenever I try to stream a SageTV recording to anything (Laptop, Desk PC, PDA), the SageTV server gets bombarded with Win32 Exceptions from VLC.exe.

I am running the following:
  • WinXP SP2
  • SageTV 6.5.15
  • WebServer 2.24
  • VLC 0.9.8a

I have had this problem for a very long time now, and have never found a solution. The video streaming from the SageTV WebServer has worked in the past, but it hasn't for quite a while now. (I guess if it never worked, I wouldn't be so anal about getting it working again )

Does anybody know what is going on?

(BTW, Is VLC installed by either SageTV or the WebServer plugin?)

Thanks ...

Last edited by AzJazz; 05-13-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Valid XHTML?

Not to be a party-pooper but I just noticed that although the sage webserver sports W3C validated stamps on it, if you actually validate the page, it does not pass.

In other news, this thread is getting too big and unwieldy for it's own good...
Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
Whenever I try to stream a SageTV recording to anything (Laptop, Desk PC, PDA), the SageTV server gets bombarded with Win32 Exceptions from VLC.exe.

• WinXP SP2
  • SageTV 6.5.15
  • WebServer 2.24
  • VLC 0.9.8a

I have had this problem for a very long time now, and have never found a solution. The video streaming from the SageTV WebServer has worked in the past, but it hasn't for quite a while now. (I guess if it never worked, I wouldn't be so anal about getting it working again )

Thanks ...
I second this question. I hadn't loaded the webserver back on to my SageTV box until recently, and was pleasantly surprised to see the streaming features integrated. When I tried to use them with both my ATSC local HD recordings, and HDPVR recordings, neither would stream with any of the codecs availible.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post

• WinXP SP2
  • SageTV 6.5.15
  • WebServer 2.24
  • VLC 0.9.8a

Thanks ...
For me streaming still works but I am using VLC 8.6i on the server.
Main System: Athlon X2 +3800, Asus A8N-E, 4GB RAM, 1x 200GB SATA, 3x 400GB SATA, 1x 500GB SATA, Geforce 7600GT, 1x Hauppauge PVR500, 1x Hauppauge PVR150, SageTV 6.2.4, XMLTV+Clickfinder to XMLTV, Windows XP Pro
Bedroom: Hauppauge MVP
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Streaming works for me too. I am also using VLC 8.6i.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Sage User

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the upnp function of this plugin ?
I'm now using UPNP on my router and i'm hunting down all unnecessary ports form talking to the outside world.

Regards,

Cortechs.

----------------edit: 05/24/2009----------------
Ok i got it i just needed to read the WebServer Installation page of the Wiki
. - XP Pro SP3 - DX 9.0c - JRE 1.6 - SageTV 7.1.2.249
. - Cyberlink Video & Audio Decoder (PowerDVD 7)
Plugins: MyTheatre DVB Network Encoder Plugin - XMLTV Import Tool from StephaneM - Comskip Playback
STV: Dynamic Menu Import 6.2
Clients: 4 MVP wired on GigaEthernet network

Last edited by cortechs; 05-24-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I have never been able to figure out how to import my non sagetv recordings into sage recordings. Any ideas?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I have never been able to figure out how to import my non sagetv recordings into sage recordings. Any ideas?
Open the webserver and click on media library.
Find and open the file that you want shown on the main recordings page.
Click "Edit Show Info" (near the bottom of the box with the show info).
Then click the "Edit Show Information" checkbox.
Fill out the information as you want it.
Then click update at the bottom.

I use this to bring in episodes that somehow got missed that I get from other sources and also use it to bring in an entire series that's not shown over here (from other sources). Works great.

You can also edit shows that were recorded by sage or that you brought in this way and want to update by finding them under sage tv/sage recordings. (The metadata plugin will also let you make changes in the shows already in sage's recording list).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 05-23-2009, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, that works well. Just remember that the recordings will show up as "archived".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cooliris

Using the web interface, one can search for media on the server. The results of this search are made available as an RSS feed (one page at a time). How difficult would it be to create an RSS feed that would work with the Firefox Cooliris plugin to allow all of the search results to be displayed using the plugin. This would be particularly useful for viewing photos remotely.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does it solve your issue to change "Results per page:" to "All" when you run your search?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
Using the web interface, one can search for media on the server. The results of this search are made available as an RSS feed (one page at a time). How difficult would it be to create an RSS feed that would work with the Firefox Cooliris plugin to allow all of the search results to be displayed using the plugin. This would be particularly useful for viewing photos remotely.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nope. the issue is that the RSS feed is not in the correct format for Cooliris.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Neil (or anyone), is there a way to cache the channel logos into the webserver's memory (for EPG grid view)? EPG grid view is relatively slow when you have hundreds of channels to display; and, I prefer to display the logos. It would be ideal to pre-cache them; but caching them would be still better than not caching them at all.

BTW: Cooliris is really nice. I use it remotely for my pictures using a network mapped drive through SSH. I didn't think of doing it through RSS/SageTV Webserver.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Sage Expert

Exposing new SystemMessages from 6.5.17

nielm - Sage just released 6.5.17 beta which now includes support for the following:

Quote:
9. Added SystemMessage support. These messages are saved to the sagetvmsgs.log file for persistence. They are displayed in the UI (Setup->Help->System Messages) and are intended to handle special failure cases, error messages, warnings and status messages that may otherwise be supressed from the user.
Any chance this could be added as a new page in the Web UI? Would be great to be able to see these type of systemmessages on the web as well to be able to periodically check on the health of Sage.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, adding the system messages to the webserver would be fantastic.

Tags
web