SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Using your inside-ip address should work fine. Most routers do not like looping back on themselves, so that would be why it's not working. You could also just add the hostname to your hosts file (whatever.no-ip.com 192.168.xxx.xxx) and still use the same name (but that change needs to be made on each PC you want to browse to it from).

Easier to just use the internal IP addy..
Old 08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...speaking of internal IP addresses, I haven't tried this, but wonder if it will work.

I have computer names setup for each computer. Now, if my HTPC's IP was 192.168.0.50, but the computer name was "htpc", couldn't I just enter the following in my browser?

htpc:8080/sage/Home

Or would it choke on that?
Old 08-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
htpc:8080/sage/Home
thats how i use mine...
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of using computername:8080/sage/home should be nice and simple.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 08-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Great, much easier to type, let alone, remember...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

But surely, your PVR shortcut at home is either a favourite or shortcut, you wouldn't type it more than once. It's on both my Start Menu and Links bar...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Works great. And is much faster. And yes it is both a shortcut and a favorite. Thanks a bunch everyone.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 08-04-2006, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Year of movie not displayed in detailed info??

I always forget to ask this...

but, is there a reason why the year of the movie is not displayed under detailed info? In order to find out what year it's made, I have to actually go to the IMDB website to find out.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Sage Expert

There was a time when I didn't use the webserver plugin (except for the one time where if fixed my ghost recording, for which I am still so happy about till this day). Now I just don't see how I lived without it! Love the new version, nielm! Just wanted to say THANK YOU!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Sage User

Hello,
is there a slimed-down version of the interface for the webserver? When I am on the road I'd like to use my PocketPC and my Cellphone to schedule new recordings with the help of the webinterface. Unfortunatelly, my provider is charging me for each transfered kilobyte. That's why it would be nice (and cheaper for me) to have a smaler interface. Would that be possible?

This plugin is great!

GoMike
Old 08-07-2006, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

There is no slimmed down or WAP interface...

I use OperaMini on my cellphone which works OK-ish (it goes via a proxy which precompiles and compresses the pages)
Old 08-07-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

LOL, Web Server on the cell phone...and I thought it was just cool to have web access!

I tried to load up the web server on my phone last night, just messing around, but it told me that the page was not loadable.

Do you have to load OperaMini on your cell phone to get that to work? What type of phone do you have, one of those ones with Windows on it?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you have to load OperaMini on your cell phone to get that to work?
yes:
http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/

Quote:
What type of phone do you have, one of those ones with Windows on it?
No, it's a basic Nokia... I think you just need a phone that supports Java applications..
Old 08-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Cool. Works pretty well, except that when I try and look at Schedule Recordings, it gives me a 404 Error message. Basically, the only thing that works for me is the "Home" screen.

That browser uses a LOT less data than the built-in one does. Just my 3-5 minute browsing trying to set things up last night, cost me two sessions of 150k each! Good thing the first month's data is free!

Ah, it appears to be because "Schedule Recordings" is actually a pull-down menu itself. How did you get that working in the mini browser?

Last edited by geogecko; 08-07-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

hmm i see the same.. It used to work (dammit). I guess Opera's proxy server is attempting to render the page as if Javascript is enabled, so only the top-level menus work.
You can enter the URL manually though.

Opera mini does work very well on other web sites -- I have even browsed IMDB via it (to resolve an argument at a dinner party!)
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, that's funny, about IMDB.

Sorry about the menu's. Only way around it that I could see, is making the actual menu a web page by itself, that has the menu items listed on it's page (but I do like the drop down menu's, so if those could be kept, that would be nice).

Although, I'm not sure how much I'll use this, it will be nice if I'm away from home or work, but being that they charge out the butt for data, I don't plan on using much data after this first month...

It is nice to know that you can get away with a 10k session using Opera though, versus the 50k+ when using the built-in browser. Heck, you can even turn off images in the Opera browser, which I'm sure you probably can in the other as well, just haven't found it.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Only way around it that I could see, is making the actual menu a web page by itself, that has the menu items listed on it's page
Oh, I forgot -- that already exists (it is the default on non-JS enabled browsers)
http://mediaserver:8080/sage/menu.html
That was probably how I worked around the menu problem last time (which shows how often I use it!)

For anyone else who is interested, Opera have a fully functional simulator:
http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/demo.dml

(added something to wiki)
Old 08-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Oh, I forgot -- that already exists (it is the default on non-JS enabled browsers)
http://mediaserver:8080/sage/menu.html
That was probably how I worked around the menu problem last time (which shows how often I use it!)

For anyone else who is interested, Opera have a fully functional simulator:
http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/demo.dml

(added something to wiki)
Wow, that works better, but the menu's seems little hard to figure out at first (multiple menu's showing up on the same page...).

It's a tad slow, but I guess I shouldn't expect FiOS speeds on my cell phone, huh?

Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Forget port forwarding and No-IP.com

I have been using no-ip.com for some time and lately to access my Sage webserver software. Recently though, no-ip has a new policy. It seems if you do not access the site within 90 days they erase your settings. Has happened twice to me since once setup I do not need to access.

I am in the biz of repairing an dservicing computers. recently a few of us have been playing with Hamachi. To my surprise it is only mentioned 3 times in the formum and none on this thread. With Hamachi you can setup secure VPN's to access your Sage webserver and DO NOT have to play with port forwarding or even touch your router. I am now even watching Placeshifter using it. I am throughly in love with this little free VPN software and you can be up and running in 5 steps.

Basically any software that generates it's own webserver can be accessed over the internet. I have it loaded on my laptop and can run RDP, VNC, Sage Placeshifter, and the Nielm webserver with no problems. Check it out and eliminate some headaches: http://hamachi.cc
Old 08-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

I use dyndns.org to redirect IPs for years and no problems at all. They even provide a small app you can install on your computer to auto update your IP if it changes or force update once a month.

Thanks for the info on hamachi, will check it out. Do you still use no-ip.com with hamachi or is it unnecessary?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Tags
web