SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

no-ip had same app, but because it is free you had to visit the site and live thru the ads. With Hamachi there is no need for anything else. I ditched no-ip.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

hmmm... I'll have to check it out too... might remove the need for me to have a Linux router for SSHd.

Edit:

After some reading I decided that I'm not comfortable w/ the initial handshaking arrangement "calling home" even though the actual connection *is* P2P. If all else fails I have a Linksys WRT w/ 3rd party firmware and SSHd support. WAF isn't as high as I'd like it for running a full-blown PC simply as a firewall/router. "but hun.. it's only an HP Vectra desktop..."

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Last edited by hemicuda; 08-08-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

Last I tried to use Hamachi, you needed to install it on the PC you wanted to connect from and it used a non-standard port. No good from a work machine behind a firewall...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 08-09-2006, 02:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
hmmm... I'll have to check it out too... might remove the need for me to have a Linux router for SSHd.
Cygwin has a fully featured sshd...
Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

dnydns is working good for me.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I also use Dyndns.org (along with DirectUpdate client)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Cygwin has a fully featured sshd...
I've played around w/ Cyg in the past. I forgot what I was trying to do; maybe VPN or SSHd. Call me paranoid but I just don't trust M$ not to cludge it up somehow w/ that open port on the firewall. Thanks though.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Sage User

Problem viewing recorded shows

When I click on the link to see the recorded shows I imediately get this message:

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/webserver/SageApi
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/webserver/SageApi
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RecordingsServlet.doServletGet(RecordingsServlet.java:141)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

All of the other functions seem to work. Anyone have a clue. Also what do I need to get the sageencoder plugin to work beyone the switch in the Sage.Properties file?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey nielm, I have two feature requests. It would be really great if I could specify for the EPG Search to only return First Runs and if I could create an RSS feed of EPG Search results.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Sage Expert

finally got around to installing web pluggin today.

Awesome.

This product just keeps getting better and better.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having a problem using the web plugin to schedule recordings. The tool seems to work, but at the end of the process there's no red dot in the guide. This used to work great, it just kind of died on me. (I can still schedule through the guide in the client, but the upcoming shows page in the webserver doesn't show anything now either.)

The only change I have made lately is to upgrade from SageMC 16x9 version 6.8 to 6.9b. I am not positive, but that seems to be about the time the webserver began to act up. Since I noticed the problem I have upgraded SageMC 16x9 to v 6.10 and reinstalled the web server with no improvement. Any ideas?

Here's a log entry:
Code:
[Tue Aug 29 19:58:43 PDT 2006] /sage/ManualRecord: Exception while processing servlet
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already was returned as servlet output stream
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.getWriter(Serve.java:2306)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ManualRecordServlet.doServletGet(ManualRecordServlet.java:289)

[Tue Aug 29 19:58:43 PDT 2006] unexpected problem running servlet net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ManualRecordServlet: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already was returned as servlet output stream

Last edited by horseflesh; 08-29-2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
Would it be possible to mirror the installation archive somewhere? Sourceforge is always down when I need it. I think I need to reinstall the web server, it's acting up. (Specifically I can't use it to schedule recordings anymore... the forms seem to work but nothing actually sticks. Problem started about the time I installed SageMC 16x9 v 6.10.)
Download seems to be working now...

Also, I upgraded to SageMC 6.10, and my Webserver still appears to be working...but, then again, I usually only install the xml file, not any of the other files in there. Maybe an older JAR or something is replacing a newer JAR...
Old 08-30-2006, 04:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
I'm having a problem using the web plugin to schedule recordings. The tool seems to work, but at the end of the process there's no red dot in the guide. This used to work great, it just kind of died on me. (I can still schedule through the guide in the client, but the upcoming shows page in the webserver doesn't show anything now either.)

The only change I have made lately is to upgrade from SageMC 16x9 version 6.8 to 6.9b. I am not positive, but that seems to be about the time the webserver began to act up. Since I noticed the problem I have upgraded SageMC 16x9 to v 6.10 and reinstalled the web server with no improvement. Any ideas?

Here's a log entry:
Code:
[Tue Aug 29 19:58:43 PDT 2006] /sage/ManualRecord: Exception while processing servlet
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already was returned as servlet output stream
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.getWriter(Serve.java:2306)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ManualRecordServlet.doServletGet(ManualRecordServlet.java:289)

[Tue Aug 29 19:58:43 PDT 2006] unexpected problem running servlet net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ManualRecordServlet: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already was returned as servlet output stream
I had this problem, too. I replaced servlet.jar
Old 08-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not sure what the root cause of my problem was but I reinstalled everything and it all works again. My digitizer driver seemed to have bit the dust too, so I dunno what really went on.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Speaking of dyndns, there are some routers, (mine is by dlink) that will automatically update dyndns info when it detects a dynamic IP change. No need to set up extra software on your boxes. Plus, the router is the first one to know of an IP change anyway

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage User

With the new season of TV just around the corner I second the motion for the ability to display just first runs. It would be great to be able to identify new series and season premiers in a nice and clean interface such as the Web one

I tried to use the filter, but it does not seem to look at the "First Run" text even in all fields are selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
Hey nielm, I have two feature requests. It would be really great if I could specify for the EPG Search to only return First Runs and if I could create an RSS feed of EPG Search results.

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 09-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennbj
With the new season of TV just around the corner I second the motion for the ability to display just first runs. It would be great to be able to identify new series and season premiers in a nice and clean interface such as the Web one

I tried to use the filter, but it does not seem to look at the "First Run" text even in all fields are selected.

Great plugin!!! I can't believe its taken me nearly 6 months to get around to installing it. Lots of little bugs to squash on my first HTPC, so cool features like this take a back seat.

Anyway, I'm trying the webserver along side a trial of placeshifter, and so far, I like webserver for what I want to do-- remotely control sage. Placeshifter seems to crash whenever its not within the local network.

If you do make an update to the plugin, I would also like to put a vote in for having the ability to search for first run.

Thanks for your hardwork, its truly appreciated.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Don't know if this is out there yet - I found a great PPC browser w/ JAVA 1.5 compatibility - works perfectly w/ the Web Interface.

http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/pr...tpc/index.html

Enjoy
Ryan
Old 09-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGrayMatter
Don't know if this is out there yet - I found a great PPC browser w/ JAVA 1.5 compatibility - works perfectly w/ the Web Interface.

http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/pr...tpc/index.html

Enjoy
Ryan
Why would you need a Java enabled Browser for the webserver? Could it be you confused Java with Javascript?
I use Opera Mobile 8.6 (Link), works perfektly!

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:45 AM
Sage User

Videos will not play unless i am on my home network. So it seems like my internet upload speed may be too slow, anything i can do to help this? The computer im trying to access it from is using the my schools fast connection

Tags
web