SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the info. I didn't see any source code on Sourceforge, only compile JAR's. Am I missing something? Do I need to open the Jars in a particular editor?

Thanks again.

- Jeff

[edit]Nevermind. Found it in the CVS.[/edit]

Last edited by jsonnabend; 09-26-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage User

Thanks neilm. I should have been more clearer about the webpage being unavailable. Perhaps the installation docs should be included in the zip file.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

New version 2.9

Thanks to a lot of hard work by Jreichen, you get a load of new features!

NOTE:
The menu_items.js and the servlets.properties files have been changed (to add the EPG by channel), so if you have customised these files, make sure to merge in the changes.

V2.9 Oct 1 2006 -- for Sage versions 2.2-6.0
Jreichen's changes:
  • EPG views:
  • ENHANCEMENT Add HD and First Runs markers to EPG guides
  • ENHANCEMENT Add NEW EPG Channel View
  • Default EPG Channel View to start at midnight
  • BUGFIX Some font sizes on EPG Grid View and EPG Search pages were being reset when Firefox went into "quirks mode". It shouldn't be going into quirks mode based on the DOCTYPE declaration, and refreshes of the same page may change the mode. Possible bug. Firefox 1.5.0.6 Windows XP.

Search:
  • ENHANCEMENT Add HDTV, FirstRun/ReRun and Archived options to Search Criteria
  • ENHANCEMENT Add RSS feed for search results
  • BUGFIX Query string is already encoded. When clicking the Set button, the query string is encoded a second time and there are no results when the page refreshes.

Favorites:
  • ENHANCEMENT Add columns for favorite properites to cells in FavoritesServlet.

Detailed info:
  • ENHANCEMENT Show scheduled encoder in detailed info page of scheduled recording.
  • ENHANCEMENT Show 'year' and 'runtime' in detailed info (if data is present, eg for movies)

Various fixes:
  • BUGFIX Add nowrap property to markercell class
  • ENHANCEMENT Add ratings marker columns to airing cell and detailed info.
  • BUGFIX Fix exception written to web server log file when creating a manual recording. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already was returned as servlet output stream
  • BUGFIX Change Mb -> MB
nielm's changes:
  • Edit show info: temporarily remove buggy 'keep EPGID feature'
  • ENHANCEMENT: Home page now displays number of resolved and unresolved conflicts
  • ENHANCEMENT: better generation of RSS urls
  • BUGFIX: epg links for currently recording shows now work

Last edited by nielm; 10-06-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Small note: the first run/hdtv icons in the EPG views are disabled by default if you are running with the service: use the Options button at the bottom of the EPG view to enable.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

Good work, thanks chaps.

Is there anything that can be done about the following error which occurs if a Placeshifte client is connected?

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:151)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 10-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Getting this error when trying to get to the download page:

Quote:
Oops...
Trac detected an internal error:

database is locked

If you think this really should work and you can reproduce it. Then you should consider to report this problem to the Trac team.

Go to http://trac.edgewall.com/ and create a new ticket where you describe the problem, how to reproduce it. Don't forget to include the python traceback found below.

TracGuide — The Trac User and Administration Guide
Old 10-01-2006, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Everything worked right out of the box! THANK YOU NIELM! I've waited a long time for HD, First-Run, Record, icons. Clicking on the channel logo (or channel #) now displays a schedule just for that channel. Pretty slick!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I get the same error as geogecko.
Update: It is working now. Note, you can download this plugin directly from sourceforge.net.

Last edited by sundansx; 10-01-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Everything worked right out of the box! THANK YOU NIELM! I've waited a long time for HD, First-Run, Record, icons. Clicking on the channel logo (or channel #) now displays a schedule just for that channel. Pretty slick!
that wasn't anything to do with me Thank jreichen!
Old 10-01-2006, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
Good work, thanks chaps.

Is there anything that can be done about the following error which occurs if a Placeshifte client is connected?

Exception while processing servlet:
Check that nielm_sageutls.jar is correctly overwritten with the correct version in the webserver installation zipfile
Check that there are no net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils folders in the sagetv directory.

Last edited by nielm; 10-26-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

RE: v2.9 Oct 1 2006 -- for Sage versions 2.2-5.0

As always, nielm (and now Jreichen), thank you very much for your additions and improvements to the webserver. The current release encapsulates a ton of the functionality I specified, and delivers almost exactly as I hoped / requested.

Truth be told, since nobody ever commented on my multiple suggestions posts (favorites Manager details, ratings graphics, EPG week view, etc.), I just figured nobody cared... While I like my ideas, I stopped posting more, since it didn't seem to pique anyone's interest. I even deleted the list of past/present additional suggestions for the webserver a month or two ago on my machine, figuring future time / effort was not to be spent on the webserver.

Well, I have to say "thank you" to you both. Even though months after the fact, you guys came through. Means a lot that you did read what I wrote and cared enough to meet the needs / requests of your users. It's what made me sign up with SageTV initially and what keeps me a happy end-user.

While I do have other ideas / comments, I'll build a more thoughtful list before I post it. DID want to thank you for all your efforts on this, because it is amazingly useful for me. Only (minor) immediate comment tho:

- COMMENT: The about.html page is not updated to show current information changes

Thanks again gang! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:07 AM
SageTVaholic

There were actually more changes in that release than I realised: Here are the rest:

Jreichen's changes:
Detailed info:
* ENHANCEMENT Show 'year' and 'runtime' in detailed info (if data is present, eg for movies)

nielm's changes:
* ENHANCEMENT: Home page now displays number of resolved and unresolved conflicts
* ENHANCEMENT: better generation of RSS urls
* BUGFIX: epg links for currently recording shows (should) now work
Old 10-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
V2.9 Oct 1 2007 -- for Sage versions 2.2-6.0
Nielm you are always ways ahead of us
Old 10-06-2006, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri
Nielm you are always ways ahead of us
D'oh!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Comments / suggestions

First off, I just have to say again how much I love the new version. The EPG week by channel and favorites improvements have made the webserver even more integral to the SageTV experience. In that spirit, I've taken some time to give feedback on thoughts and ideas I have for potential future additions. Thanks again Nielm and co!

- QUESTION: Connected Clients on main page
Mine only lists: [/127.0.0.1:2254]. Is this my SageClient on the server? Is this where Placeshifter / SageClient clients list?

- BUG: update about.htm to reflect full changes

- BUG: Add'l airings to a show seems to parse on string, not on title ID
We have all "Star Trek" shows set as favorites. This includes "Star Trek: The Next Gen", "Star Trek: Enterprise" as well as just "Star Trek". When you search for 'additional airings' to "Star Trek", it shows all shows which have the string "Star Trek" instead of just the specific show "Star Trek". Since SpikeTV shows 3x TNG and 2x DS9, it's hard to filter thru to find only the ST (TOS) episodes. It works inside of SageTV the way I describe here.

- BUG/REQUEST: Sage Favorites doesn't reflect 'default' recording quality
minor quibble, but I change my default recording quality when I go on vacation currently it displays the actual recording quality, even if it is set at 'default' as opposed to a specific setting. would prefer 'default' when it is 'default', so I know which ones are manually set and which are automatically. Seems to be able to differentiate in the detail scrren so assume it can at the higher level.

- REQUEST: add 4 digit ep number before ep title (configurable, I guess)
on the EPG x3 views, would be desirable to see the 4 digit ep guide (if ep# != 0000)

- REQUEST: add description, if (ep# != 0000) & (ep title=NULL) & (desc!=NULL) (configurable, I guess)
Sage Recs, Rec Sched, etc.
Ebert & Roeper, for example, never have a title, but have the movies reviewed on the ep in the desc.
I'd mention "2006 WSOP" and "Jerry Springer" as other examples, but the man in the house watches that, not me.
To prevent too much length in the desc, can just take the first 'x' characters (75?)

- REQUEST: for movies, put *s to represent review on detail
recommended placement, under 1/2 height movie rating

potential graphics to use on 4 star system:
http://images.hollywood.com/site/0.gif
http://images.hollywood.com/site/0.5.gif
http://images.hollywood.com/site/4.gif

Would scale to 1/2 height, like ratings, on the Sage/Upcoming Recordings pages
would use original height on the Detailed Information page

- REQUEST: movie detail added to EPG x3 views
always lots of empty space in movies, and more info useful on EPGs while browsing to see which ones worthwhile
text for year, category. graphics for ratings/review
if possible, maybe even the description

example (from Zap2It):
The Horse Whisperer ***+ (1998, Drama) A Montana healer helps a traumatized girl and horse. PG-13

- REQUEST: ShowLogos, like ChannelLogos

Would align channel logos w/ the folder logos on Sage Recordings page
Would display show logos where channel logos currently are on sage Recordings page
would add show logos to left of channel logos on Recording Schedules page (like Sage Recs)
would add show logos to left of channel logos on Sage Favorites (like Sage Recs)
would display show logos to left of channel logos on Detailed Information page

- REQUEST: Category filters on EPG x3 views

create another list box with all possible categories, including "all".
whichever category (categories?) is/are selected will filter out all other ones from
beign displayed. This is especially useful on the EPG grid, as if I want to search
for "Sports" it should only display the cells that have category=Sports. The Zap2It
web site has a feature like this on their EPG for comparison.

- REQUEST: Integrating import BobPhoenix - encoder names

Currently Recording (home page), Detail for Sage Recordings, etc.

replace encoder strings from Sage.properties:
RDP/encoder_name_Hauppauge\ WinTV\ PVR\ PCI\ II\ Capture=PCI PVR 1
RDP/encoder_name_Hauppauge\ WinTV\ PVR\ PCI\ II\ Capture\ \#2=PCI PVR 2
RDP/encoder_name_Hauppauge\ WinTV\ PVR\ PCI\ II\ Capture\ \#3=PCI PVR 3

- REQUEST: Integrating import BobPhoenix - fave channel lists

add filter for 'all' or fave channels on EPG grid view from Sage.properties:
RDP/favorite_channel_lists=Cable,Local,Sports,
RDP/favorite_channels_Cable=17098,14753,18510,10179,12444,11109,34240,11208,16376,19002,10919,21760,31556,18151,10150,17561,19933,24533,11180,26046,
RDP/favorite_channels_Local=10760,10600,10672,10641,10507,10479,10653,10467,10345,10619,10657,10717,
RDP/favorite_channels_Sports=17098,18510,10179,12444,11109,19002,15952,

- REQUEST: full remote control commands for Web Remote

the most basic commands missing from here are FF2, RW2. Highly desired would be custom4/5 (comskip).
Wouldn't mind FullScreen, MainMenu, SageRecs, TVGuide, RecSched, LiveTV, Captions, Forward (opposite of back), Standby.
Import version BobPhoenix of TimeScroll would be bonus points. Nielm's multi-function stop would be divine!
Better organization of controls instead of the square / symmetry might be good too.

- REQUEST: System Information

The screen inside of SageTV would be useful information to have access to inside of the webserver.
One stop shopping for basic info (s/w, java, current stv, etc.) maybe a section on the home page.
Maybe an entry under the SageTV menu, if replicating the entire list of information

- REQUEST: comskip integration?

The most difficult, I'm sure. Some sort of display on the Sage Recordings to reflect if the show has generated
comskip files (.txt, .edl), to initiate comskip processing (if no .txt .edl), or any integration. I understand
this is the least likely, but I remember integration w/ Cayars STV and always thought it would be great to be
in the webserver.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
- QUESTION: Connected Clients on main page
Mine only lists: [/127.0.0.1:2254]. Is this my SageClient on the server?
yep -- 127.0.0.1 is the sagetv UI on the server when using service mode.

Placeshifters and MVP's ('extenders') are listed in the 'now playing' section when they are connected
Quote:
- BUG: update about.htm to reflect full changes
-- known (already fixed in dev version)

Quote:
- BUG: Add'l airings to a show seems to parse on string, not on title ID
it shows all shows which have the string "Star Trek"
Its normal that it matches on string (title ID's are only used by zap2it and are not reliable elsewhere: Sage also searches by title string) but it's a known bug (already fixed in dev version) that it does not search for the exact title, and gets partial matches.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
- REQUEST: full remote control commands for Web Remote

the most basic commands missing from here are FF2, RW2. Highly desired would be custom4/5 (comskip).
Wouldn't mind FullScreen, MainMenu, SageRecs, TVGuide, RecSched, LiveTV, Captions, Forward (opposite of back), Standby.
Import version BobPhoenix of TimeScroll would be bonus points. Nielm's multi-function stop would be divine!
Better organization of controls instead of the square / symmetry might be good too.
Never let it be said that I don't like to help contribute to the cause. Decided to do this myself and donate the work product to the populace. Yes, the graphics I drew are lousy, but the code works, and I've been using it tonight successfully. Just install my version of the html file over the current one (back up if you like), and the graphics files are the new ones I've added. Anyone who can draw, please do replace them. PLEASE!

No idea how to make the imports by BobPhoenix or Nielm work, as requested by me, but have the base core functions provided by SageTV fully integrated.

Enjoy!

EDIT: I hate that this forum doesn't support .rar files. adding .zip file...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ToonGalWebRemote.zip (24.3 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by ToonGal; 10-07-2006 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Never let it be said that I don't like to help contribute to the cause. Decided to do this myself and donate the work product to the populace. Yes, the graphics I drew are lousy, but the code works, and I've been using it tonight successfully. Just install my version of the html file over the current one (back up if you like), and the graphics files are the new ones I've added. Anyone who can draw, please do replace them. PLEASE!
This seems to work great. Thanks!

Provides much more functionality than the default webremote.

Matt
Old 10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Web server addin not working

Well somehow I mucked up the sagetv web server plugin. Was always running fine (version 1.6 I believe I was running), and last night I downloaded 2.9 and tried to *install it* didnt go so well.

When I run it, I am getting javascript errors. The main web page shows up, but no menus.

My question is, is, how can I delete all traces of the web server addin, and start over. I dont mind starting over from scratch.

And another question is, can I just install 2.9 by itself? I mean, can I just download the zip file from sourceforce and *install it*??

It seems like there were not very many files in the 2.9 zip file. So I suppose that means I have to install some prerequisites. But I didnt see them mentioned in the wiki. Maybe I just overlooked something.

I hoping its easy to start over.

I really want to use the new 2.9 version.

Thanks!

EDIT:NEVERMIND!!!!! I figured it out. I just did not follow directions close enough. Guess I shouldnt be trying this new stuff so late at night. :-O It appears to be working just fine now. Time to experiement with it now COOOL!

I didnt erase the \ACME and \net directories. ooops. Once I deleted them, it worked fine.

Last edited by steingra; 10-08-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Icon

2.9 should have everything you need in it. However, if you wanted to delete the original, I would think you just need to delete the webserver folder in the SageTV/SageTV directory, and in 2.9, there appears to be 4 JAR files associated with it, nielm_sageutils, nielm_sagewebserver, nielm_sagexmlinfo, and servlet. However, these may be used by other fuctions, and not just by the webserver.

One thing you may need to do, if you forgot, was to backup and restore your realms.properties file, which has your userid and password information. Your port information is stored in the properties file, so if you started with a new properties file, be sure you replaced the properties file listings in the instructions.

Tags
web