SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I cannot see anything in the webserver code that is going wrong: Do you also get odd behavour looking at the scheduled recordings in Sage?
I do need to release a version with a whole load of bugfixes that jreichen has delivered (had not had time to do anything myself!)
I looked inside of SageTV and everything was fine.

However, the webserver works fine now. I made sure I double checked everything when I was on this morning. After really racking my brain for an answer, I think I have a possibility. My EPG update seems to have run around the same time that I had the problem this morning. I'm guessing it was incomplete / corrupt data when I checked the web server multiple times, but was complete / finished data when I checked it in SageTV.

No clue what happened, but wanted you to know the most info I could provide. All well now tho.

As for bugfixes from jreichen, yay! I love xmas gifts. Can't wait to see the list of what's done.

Thanks as always for the quick response, Nielm. Sorry for the lack of current issue, but I hope the info is of use to you.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

v2.11 released

V2.11 Dec 22 2006 -- For Sage versions 2.2-6.0
Jreichen's changes:
BUGFIXES:
  • Webserver: An extra directory named 'webserver\log' was created on Linux. Log file names were 'log\AWS*'.
    Fixed them by using / as separator character on Linux.
  • Detailed Info: Workaround for NegativeArraySizeException thrown by HasAlbumArt.
    It still prints an exception to the console, but not to the web page.
  • Detailed Info: Exact Title was not being used for Additional Airings
  • Favorites: Fix Firefox tooltips.
  • Favorites: Add padding tooltip.
ENHANCEMENTS:
  • EPG guides: Add episode id to guides
  • Favorites: Show 'Default' in Favorites Manager for favorites with default recording quality.
  • Search: Add Search by Filename
nielm's changes:
ENHANCEMENTS:
  • MediaFileDownload: Estimate total size for currently recording streaming files, allows playing while recording and seeking
Old 12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thank you!

This plugin just gets better and better! Thank you!!!! I just had an idea I had meant to post as a 'suggestion' a long time ago.. let me know what you think..

When viewing the webpage it is great to see what is playing on which device.. I like to know if somebody is using the system if I intend to work on it remotely so that I don't kick anybody off... BUT... sometimes a show is on and ends (Kids cartoons) and they neglect to turn it off at the end of the show or to 'stop' it... so the webpage shows that the show is still being viewed.. would it be possible to show when the show was launched.. a "Watching since" or some such thing? I don't know that there is any way to determine if the show is actively being watched, perhaps no way to know when it was first started.. but it would be cool if we could see the state the show is in.. 'paused', 'stopped', 'playing'.. etc...
Old 12-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry, I know this is bad form to ask a question that may have been answered in the thread already, but I've been running v2.8 for months now and have never seen a reason to upgrade and have never had a problem with it, so I quit keeping up with the thread a while back...

Anyway, if somebody doesn't mind throwing me a bone here, is it possible to download a recording/or other media file directly to disk *without* streaming it? Basically, my upload speed on my DSL isn't fast enough to stream my HD recordings, so occasionally I'd like to be able to just download a show when I'm away from home, even though it'll take longer than real time to download. I can't figure out if there's a way to do this.

A probably related question is what's the difference between "watch (streamed)" and "watch (local file)"? The "local file" option *sounds* like it might do what I want, but it always seems the exact same to me - namely, it plays it directly in my browser instead of giving me an option to save it locally to disk.

Is there a way to do what I'm looking to do?
Thanks!!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:56 AM

Can not generat XML files

Hi

It is a new installation on Windows 2000, with

Java 1.5.0.05
SageTV 6.0.18
WebServer 2.11

I can see the windows, but when I press "XML" and press "Save" ie comes up with a error.

What am I missing?

Yours hopefully
Old 12-31-2006, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterras
Hi

It is a new installation on Windows 2000, with

Java 1.5.0.05
SageTV 6.0.18
WebServer 2.11

I can see the windows, but when I press "XML" and press "Save" ie comes up with a error.

What am I missing?

Yours hopefully
What error? Maybe you need MSXML installed from Microsoft? You're missing a core install and it's doesn't have anything to do with the 3 programs you've listed. More inof would be more helpful. Sage 6 is released and at 6.0.19.

Anyways-for better support from drivers and such I would consider upgrading to Windows XP. You're going to start to run into trouble getting Windows 2000 drivers for various pieces of hardware/software and such. My 2 cents.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Sage User

Question

Is there any other location besides the Wiki where this can be downloaded from? I've been trying for a while now but I keep getting an error about the database being locked when I try to get to the download page.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkadare
Is there any other location besides the Wiki where this can be downloaded from? I've been trying for a while now but I keep getting an error about the database being locked when I try to get to the download page.
You can download it from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sageplugins
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen
You can download it from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sageplugins
Thanks! Now another question, any place to get the documentation until the Wiki is working again?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkadare
Thanks! Now another question, any place to get the documentation until the Wiki is working again?
I don't know of anywhere else. Basically just extract the zip file to the SageTV install directory. Make sure you preserve the folder structure. Then edit Sage.properties or SageClient.properties and set the following:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
If there is already something to the right of the equals sign, separate the items with a semicolon. You can change the password in <SageTV install dir>\webserver\realms.properties. Make sure Sage is not running when doing these steps.

There is a lot more info on the wiki so keep checking it until it's back up.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

The port setting is also in the properties file, if you need to change that. It should be available once you restart Sage, after making the changes listed above. Of course, you'll have to get back out of Sage, if you need to change it.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Links don't work

http://www.sage-community.org/index....erver#null.zip

The instruction and customization links don't work on this site anymore. Are they someplace else?

edit: must have just been down briefly. Working now.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300

Last edited by lotusvball; 01-04-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
Thank you so much for give us ( and me) the choice to add/edit entrys in the database. I have just imported all of my movies back into the DB again, typing was a bit of a bitch but hey, it works and I"m thankful for you adding this into your lastest web server.

(hint) this should have been one of the new features in Ver6! over other useless features that was added.

Moto'freak
Old 01-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Sage Icon

It's up again. There seems to be ongoing issues with the site. I posted a message for Tom over here.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Anyway, if somebody doesn't mind throwing me a bone here, is it possible to download a recording/or other media file directly to disk *without* streaming it?
Click on the file name in the detailed info page for a recording (or right click and Save Target As)

Quote:
A probably related question is what's the difference between "watch (streamed)" and "watch (local file)"?
The first tells the player to read the file via HTTP. Only certain players can do this for certain file types

The second tells the player to read the file from the disk path directly (and will only work on a LAN if you are using UNC paths and have appropriate shares). Most players can do this.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Click on the file name in the detailed info page for a recording (or right click and Save Target As)

The first tells the player to read the file via HTTP. Only certain players can do this for certain file types

The second tells the player to read the file from the disk path directly (and will only work on a LAN if you are using UNC paths and have appropriate shares). Most players can do this.
Beautiful! Thank you - and perfect timing for me to see this response as I'm leaving town for 2 weeks tomorrow and am having trouble getting the auto-conversions in SageMC working correctly...
Old 01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

hey nielm - thanks for all the work getting wget working for me. I have a pretty solid working "sage client" working through meedio. I can view my recordings using meeTVshows module - which is pretty slick. I can then delete, archive, set watched and set don't like now. More tricks coming.

I have a question of course. I don't know html coding or xml coding, but I see that a lot of your pages have xml outputs, which I will use to add more functionality to my meedio plugin.

One HUGE thing that I need is EPG data. What kind of work on your part would that take to add XML output of EPG data?

I could easily use xmltv to grab the EPG for meedio, but it doesn't have the AiringID that I need to send commands through the web browser.

Do you have any tips/tricks?

thanks,

Ryan

Last edited by UFGrayMatter; 01-18-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

as another aside...is there any talk of webserver sending commands of the file conversions - i.e convert to ipod, convert to psp?

Ryan
Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGrayMatter
One HUGE thing that I need is EPG data. What kind of work on your part would that take to add XML output of EPG data?
Zero: It's already there as XML output of search results...

You would either have to write something in meedio that understands my format, or transform it into xmltv.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Sage User

nielm I just want to say thankyou for the awesome plug-in. Sage should pay you some money because you are the reason I chose it for my DVR. I know this is going to get lost in the flood (67 pages atm) but for all you who have sageTV download this now. It makes SageTV a complete package. Thanks again.

Tags
web