SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does that ADTV graph work when you render it?? like you actually get video. I can't get my fusion rendered via graphedit... please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc16
So I followed Anders directions and Dane's suggestions very carefully and I think I have a working ADTV graph. I attached a JPG of it to this post. SGraphRecorder doesn't give any debug messages; so far so good.

I am having a problem though with setting up the network encoder in Sage. I followed the directions on Anders page and copied the MMC/Encoder lines and modified to suit. But when I paste them into my sage.properties file and start Sage, it apparently doesn't like something about them and it reverts back to the backup file. I attached what I am trying to paste in.

Any ideas anyone? It feels like I am so close.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Sage Expert

chrisc16:

This is something Ander's would be best to make comment. For some reason, the UNE called a "stop" immediately after the "start". It may be Sage that for some reason called off the party or the UNE found something it did not like. One thing for sure though: Sage and the UNE are in touch with each other!

But as a point of reference, here is output from UNE debug starting with tuning from a PVR-250 channel and going to a UNE-assigned channel (61). In other words, the UNE being called into action by Sage:

START SGraphRecorder 1394|61|2214126407288|H:\SageTV\EarthWindandFireandChicagoattheGreekTheater-1837523-0.mpg|DVD Standard Play 9:33:23 PM
Sending Girder command: Number6
Sending Girder command: Number1
NOOP 9:33:24 PM
GET_FILE_SIZE H:\SageTV\EarthWindandFireandChicagoattheGreekTheater-1837523-0.mpg 9:33:24 PM
NOOP 9:33:24 PM
GET_FILE_SIZE H:\SageTV\EarthWindandFireandChicagoattheGreekTheater-1837523-0.mpg 9:33:24 PM
GET_FILE_SIZE H:\SageTV\EarthWindandFireandChicagoattheGreekTheater-1837523-0.mpg 9:33:27 PM

At this point, I'm on the channel and viewing via the UNE.

As far as your graph is concerned, that can be tested and proved independently of UNE. If I understood your first post correctly, you confirmed the graph (and that IS an impressive grarph!). Theoretically, if the graph will run and reocrd MPEG files, UNE should work.

Important thing is to set the path in the dump filter to the Sage video directory. Any initial file name can used such as "null.mpg". Also, you might try Sage's "MPEG2Dump" filter in place of CL's. Just today, I was doing some close comparison of functional behavior between these 2 file writers and the Sage dump filter has one slight difference in function which might be helpful. I can confirm that Sage's own dump filter also works. I've tried quite a few dump filters and these are the only two that I have found to work. Even earlier versions of CL did not work. Don't bother with MS's "FileWriter" dump filter: it does not work for this application. I bet rehooking all those filter components might be tedious to make a filter change (11 connections)!

One other thing. Even if Sage is not showing anything, check your Sage video directory and see if the file for the show was created and growing in size when hitting the ""Refresh" in Explorer.

What does your "SGraphRecorder.ini" look like? Your "AccessDTV_UNE.GRF" should be in the folder with "SGraphRecorder" or the full path to its location along with the graph name appear in "SGraphRecorder.ini". Your graph itself makes sense and Graphedit obviously agrees. I assume the pin handle of "XPort Cap" stands for "Transport Stream Capture"?

EDIT: As I understand it, the only differnce in TS between an STB and ATSC is that an ATSC stream will contain null packets in order to maintain a CBR. I had read up on MS's DeMux and as I recall will handle the null packets correctly (disgard). But might be worth checking on as my memory is not as good as it used to be.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 01-30-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Sage Expert

foolio:

Do you have anything to put up to have a look at?

Dane
Old 01-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

well, i got a working graph now for the FUSION-HDTV card with the BDA-drivers.

Anders: Any chance you can come up with a nice little routine for changing the channels via the BDA interface? that's all we need to get cards with BDA-drivers working:

1) working graph - which should be very easy with BDA-drivers equipped cards
2) mechanism for channel changes via interfacing the BDA network provider interface via the I-tuner thing.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...hgraphedit.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rinterface.asp

damn, i wish I knew how to program!

DFA: how do I post a pic of my graph?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Sage Expert

foolio:

Just hit "PrtSC" on keyboard while Graphedit is open and your graph displayed. Make sure Graphedit is the window of focus when hitting "PrtSc". Now open "ImageVue" or your fav graphic prog and open "New" then right click on the pallete choose "JPEG" and "paste". Save as by some name. Use this forums "atachment" manager to upload and attach JPEG to your post.

The Girder feature in UNE should do the job for you as far as channel change is concerned.

Dane

Last edited by DFA; 01-30-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the tip. I've attached the graph for the fusion card.

Unfortunately, Girder won't really be able to help change the channel. there is no interface currently available between girder and the BDA-driver for requesting certain channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
foolio:

Just hit "PrtSC" on keyboard while Graphedit is open and your graph displayed. Make sure Graphedit is the window of focus when hitting "PrtSc". Now open "ImageVue" or your fav graphic prog and open "New" then right click on the pallete choose "JPEG" and "paste". Save as by some name. Use this forums "atachment" manager to upload and attach JPEG to your post.

The Girder feature in UNE should do the job for you as far as channel change is concerned.

Dane
Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Sage Expert

foolio:

Nobody's written a BDA plugin for Girder yet? What a world, what a world.

What version Graphedit are you using?

As far as the graph is concerned, for UNE purposes, I think it could be simplified a bit. I could be wrong (probably am) but it seems that you can come out of "FusionDTV, Transport Stream Capture" filter and go to a "TS Info Parser" --> "DeMux" --> Mux --> "Dump". If some pin requires a connection but that you don't need, use a "null" filter like chrisc16 did. Graphedit won't connect if not a valid graph (thankfully for people like me who just throw filters at it until it works!)

In other words, I think it should look similar to what chrisc16 has from the "Saa 7146 Capture" "XPort Cap" pin going forward.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 02-01-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Sage Expert

Just an additional note. Anders MAY be including a "ROT" in an update release of UNE / SGR so that we can monitor the graph with Graphedit while the graph is running within the UNE. Should help trouble shooting but will be the first time I have had any app that exposes a "ROT".

The good news is that once a good working graph is developed for a particular piece of hardware, the pioneer work is over (except for the perpetual experimenters - would that be us?).

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 01-30-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Sage Expert

Here's an optional graph. The "NVIDIA HDTV DeMux" takes the place of the "Info Parser" and the MS "DeMux". For me, it does not take channel changes very well (stream discontinuities / disruptions and breaks) and the graph locks up. However, I do not have ATSC stream and might be worth a try for those dealing with ATSC TS.

There are many ways to skin the cat and with many other vendor's filters as well. The only limitation seems to be in the dump filter selection. The attached graph is with the Sage "MpegDump".

According to Jeff, the Sage DeMux will take TS streams directly but I have not had good results, especially with SD TS streams so have stuck with graphs that make the conversion from MPEG2 TS to PS. Others may have better success so are encouraged to investigate direct TS recording and playback although I think PS format is more useful in the end anyway.

Dane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Another_TStoPS.jpg (64.5 KB, 427 views)

Last edited by DFA; 01-30-2005 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Sage Expert

chrisc16:

If not using the Girder feature of UNE, make sure you have Girder control disabled in the "SGraphRecorder.ini". I am not sure what the UNE will do if it does not find the "IES" plugin activated in Girder but you got the "stop" where channel change commands are issued to Girder. Just a thought.

I was Anders lone beta tester and did not try all combinations. As soon as he included the Girder feature, I used it w/o trying the UNE with the Girder feature disabled; no regression check. If there is a problem with UNE when Girder feature is disabled, as a work around try enabling it and activating the "Internet Event Server" (IES) plugin in Girder so the commands have a "sink". They don't have to do anything within Girder. Again, just some thoughts of possibilities and things to try. Any SGR bugs found I'm sure Anders will fix.

EDIT: Anders has just released an SGR update (1.04) that has "ROT" object table. With this, it should be possible to open Graphedit and select "Connect to Remote Graph" and monitor what is going on with the graph while running in SGR.

THANKS ANDERS

Dane

Last edited by DFA; 01-30-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well i had a working graph for the fusion in analog sorry couldn't find a way to get hd with tuner either so i ended up with a blue screen. But i was able to get an analog graph working writing to a file and then playing it in VLC. But then i updated my drivers to the 1-28 drivers on Dvico's site and that not only broke the timeshifting with Dvico's software but broke the graph i had.

After tonights shows are done im going to revert back to the older drivers so i can get my timeshifting and graph back so if anybodies interested in it i'll post a pic of it. Has a working tuner but it seems it only works for analog. Upside at least this gives a working graph for the analog portion of the Fusion 3 card not sure about others but at least it's a start.

I have to say i have played a bit with graphedit in the past but this really isn't my fort im not really all that sure of what im doing and the video out looks crappy and i can't find a way to really improve it but im trying.
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW
Old 01-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok so i rechecked my graph after posting and i was able to get it to work though it still looked broken i guess it worked anyway. Don't know why the link from one pin to another wouldn't connect on the video but it still runs.

So i setup a more extensive graph around it to record to a file and then playback the file with audio and video rendering inside graphedit and it works. Still looks kinda crappy but it's working.

Got some pics of the graph and of the graph in action as well as a full screen video pic showing just how low quality it looks. Though i managed to improve it slightly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg analog.jpg (83.6 KB, 422 views)
File Type: jpg analog1.jpg (98.7 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg analog2.JPG (51.4 KB, 339 views)
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW
Old 01-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

And if anybody wants to play around with it here's the graph just unzip it and run it in graphedit. You might have to replace the gbpvr parser with some other parser i used it cause it was on my system and the graph choose it to complete the graph link.

Or you could download and install gbpvr to get it to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Newtest.zip (2.3 KB, 292 views)

Last edited by Crazedz; 01-31-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
chrisc16:

If not using the Girder feature of UNE, make sure you have Girder control disabled in the "SGraphRecorder.ini". I am not sure what the UNE will do if it does not find the "IES" plugin activated in Girder but you got the "stop" where channel change commands are issued to Girder. Just a thought.

I was Anders lone beta tester and did not try all combinations. As soon as he included the Girder feature, I used it w/o trying the UNE with the Girder feature disabled; no regression check. If there is a problem with UNE when Girder feature is disabled, as a work around try enabling it and activating the "Internet Event Server" (IES) plugin in Girder so the commands have a "sink". They don't have to do anything within Girder. Again, just some thoughts of possibilities and things to try. Any SGR bugs found I'm sure Anders will fix.

EDIT: Anders has just released an SGR update (1.04) that has "ROT" object table. With this, it should be possible to open Graphedit and select "Connect to Remote Graph" and monitor what is going on with the graph while running in SGR.

THANKS ANDERS

Dane

Dane,

Thanks for the tip; I left the Girder plugin disabled to eliminate any other problems. Hopefully I will get some time late tonight to try 1.04 and see if I can debug by watching the graph when it's running.

-Chris
Old 01-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Lightbulb

Anders/DFA,

I have been experimenting for a while with playing non-native file types in SageTV. For example, I have successfully been able to build a graph to playback AVC profile MPEG-4 files within Graphedit, no problem. The key is to use Nero file source and digital splitter filters. Unfortunately, when SageTV tries to render playback of an AVP .mp4, it isn't getting the right DS filter setup, and there is only audio.. no video.

I'm wondering if there would be a way to use or adopt this app to solve this problem. For example, I could attempt to build a graph for my Plextor PX-TV402U that would capture in AVC MPEG-4. But I'm not sure capturing in AVC MPEG-4 would affect how SageTV renders the playback?

Last edited by korben_dallas; 01-31-2005 at 04:01 PM. Reason: edit
Old 02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

New version available on my homepage.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersNolberger
New version available on my homepage.
Hi Anders:

is there a way to interact with the individual filters of the graphs? for example, in graphedit, you can right click and change the properties of certain filters before running the graph. Specifically, I need to interact with the Microsoft ATSC BDA provider filter in order to request the proper channel. Othewise, the channel is stuck on "46" which is not a valid channel for me.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone have any luck building a graph for a winfast tv2000 (deluxe)? Ive tried, but im fighting a learning curve....

If anyone has a good example of this or similar, I would love to see it!

EDIT:

I am unable to get audio and video with this graph. I have no idea what to do next

thanks,

I.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leadtek.JPG (138.7 KB, 323 views)

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.

Last edited by insomniac; 02-04-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Sage Icon

I have two security cameras that I would like to setup with this. I do not need to record at all, just display the feeds in real time. They are both composite.

I'm interested in purchasing a cheap input card, perhaps a security card with multiple inputs for use with this.

Does this sound feasible? Can you offer any thought you may have?

Thanks Guys!
Old 02-05-2005, 03:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Not all graphs work with SGR. The BDA is one example that I will adress in a separate program "real soon now" (TM).

I don't have any camera myself so I have not tested that, but it should be possible to write a graph that takes the input from a capture device or a USB camera and writes a mpeg2 or mpeg4 file that Sage can read.

The important thing is that the graph can't have any filters that need interaction from a user/program and that it contains one and only one file writer that SGR can find and change the filename for.

You also have to configure at least one channel in Sage to use with SGR. If you use Girder to change the input to the graph you will of course need more channels. All material will be recorded to disk in the same way everything you watch with Sage is. You can even press record or add favorites.