SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Dead Link....

Does anybody know where I can download the latest version of UNE/Sgraphrecorder.
The link from the beginning of the thread appears to be dead.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Sage User

All

Just started with Sage today (demo) and am liking.

I have a (now defunct) Immersive Holograph H3d SD capture card that I use to route my satellite box (RGBS) into my PC. Today, I managed to build a graph to get this working with Sage via UNE. Now, I can stream the current channel around my network. Neat

next up, I've got to add channel change capabilitis etc. However, before I go there, I have a few questions on UNE and graphs maybe someone could help me with?

1. Is there a way to configure UNE to supply multiple inputs to Sage? Say I wanted to use graphs for my H3D card, a USB camera and firewire device? Can I eun multiple instance of UNE? How could I get all three graphs into Sage?

2. My H3D card has multiple inputs (component, s-video, SDI etc.). Any thoughts on how I can change the input used? (earlier in this thread, Anders mentions "You also have to configure at least one channel in Sage to use with SGR. If you use Girder to change the input to the graph you will of course need more channels" (post 40). How can I get Girder to change graph input?

Thanks in advance for any help

Peter
Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Sage User

And some further questions should anyone be reading this thread......

As I understand it, UNE writes an MPEG fiel to disc which Sage read and then re-write to disc, is that correct?

Therefore, using it with my Sat box, I have three levels of compression on the final viewable file: Original MPEG compression of satellite stream, UNE MPEG compression and Sage compression (set to DVD). This degrades the picture, right?

If I'm right & UNE is writing a file to disc for Sage to read and write again, is it possible to write UNE to one disc and have sage write to another (preventing possible issues with excessive simultaneous read/writes).

Would it further be beneficial to have UNE write to a ram disk? What is the nature of the UNE dump file? Does it grow to a certain size and get deleted?

Thanks in advance

Peter
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

You can install multiple instances of SGR. just place them in different folders on the hard disk and configure them to use different ports to communicate with Sage. You then will have multiple instances of the program running but that should not be a problem.

SGR or Girder can not change the input on your graph. The text you quote is meant to indicate that you can instruct your cable box to change channel.

SGR gets the file in mpeg from the cable box via firewire. If it is a digital signal in mpeg it is most probably not compressed or changed in any way by the cable box. SGR then saves that signal to disc without recompressing it. It will however change the file format but it does not change the actual video or audio. Sage is not rewriting the file, just reading it when you are watching it so no recompression is done here (unless you are wathing a HD signal on a MVP or something but that is another matter).

The confusion seams to be that you have to have a file name when you set your graph up but that is changed by SGR when the recording starts and nothing is ever written to the "dump" file. It is written directly to the "Sage" file by SGR. (The quality setting in Sage is not used by SGR, it is always "full quality".)

Therefore you do not need to (and can not) write to "another" disc first.

Anders
Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

i have a question, maybe you guys can help.

I have a seperate server using an avermedia 4 channel video capture card and a security camera. How can i use this network encoder on the camera stream? thanks!
Gaming Rig:Q6600 Quad O/C to 2.8ghz, 4GB DDR2 1066 RAM, Geforce 8600GTS
Misc: Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver, Netgear Pro Safe 16port Gig Switch, Cat6 cabling, Linksys WRT54G running tomato firmware
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage User

Anders,

I have set up my STV box to capture HD via component from my Sat STB with an Intensity Pro card using SGraphRecorder. All works well, but the last hurtle is to get my USB-UIRT to change channels via the EPG (just as it does with my SD AverMedia capture card that I have working in the same STV box). Is there a way to make that work? I figure, if I can do timed recordings and view LiveTV, why can’t I set up the EPG in STV to do that for me automatically with the SGraphRecorder as the “capture” device?

Thanks,

-Johan
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using this with the Pandora plugin to capture a static image for video, and audio from a virtual audio card, and it's started doign something odd. Whenever I start a playback, the file is created, but until I go to that file in windows explorer, highlight it, and refresh, it will stay at 0 bytes, and never play. Once I've 'kickstarted' it a few times, it seems to play fine. I've tried tweaking the graphs, checking the file systems, etc. Nothing seems to be wrong with the system, just not sure what to look at next..

**EDIT** It's definitely a vista thing, 3 systems, all the same exact problem. If I write to a share on an XP machine, works perfectly. Going to use that and only allow the pandora tuner to write to that drive on the XP machine, which works fine.

Last edited by heffe2001; 11-07-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
I'm using this with the Pandora plugin to capture a static image for video, and audio from a virtual audio card, and it's started doign something odd. Whenever I start a playback, the file is created, but until I go to that file in windows explorer, highlight it, and refresh, it will stay at 0 bytes, and never play. Once I've 'kickstarted' it a few times, it seems to play fine. I've tried tweaking the graphs, checking the file systems, etc. Nothing seems to be wrong with the system, just not sure what to look at next..

**EDIT** It's definitely a vista thing, 3 systems, all the same exact problem. If I write to a share on an XP machine, works perfectly. Going to use that and only allow the pandora tuner to write to that drive on the XP machine, which works fine.
I would love to know how you have SGR working with Pandora. Could you do a little write-up of how you set that up? Do you know if I could use it to play through an HD extender.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
I would love to know how you have SGR working with Pandora. Could you do a little write-up of how you set that up? Do you know if I could use it to play through an HD extender.
Check one of the last posts on the Pandora customization thread:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=131
Old 11-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Sage Icon

I wonder if the program could be re-compiled in a newer version of Delphi? I tried it with the latest version, and got some dependency errors, guess I'll see if I can get past that and see if it'll work..
Old 11-22-2008, 05:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

help finding video source

Hi,

Great program, I installed it properly, can view my webcam via graphedit, but my purpose is to be able to capture video from my security cameras.

In device manager, under Sound video and Game controlers it has my webcam listed as well as my 8 security cameras...but while I can view the web cam in graphedits video capture sources, I can not see the security cameras.

Any idea how to get the security cameras to show up?

In device manager they are listed as netdvr dvr 8016 ( they are kodicom capture cards)

I searched graphedit, cant find them anywhere.

Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

pretty please?