SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Just trying to install the latest (20/10/05) dynamic menu system on a SageTV server system running 3.014RC3. I've done this on a client setup previously, and didn't have any problems, but that was upgrading from an older version of the dynamic menu. On this installation, I am installing the dynamic menu stuff from scratch...I don't know if this might be relevant.

Anyway, when I try to import the dynamic .stvi file, I get this error:

Failed to load SageMenuReader class

and it offers to fall back to the old file.

The files from the .zip downloads all seem to be in the correct places, after extraction.

Here's a section of the sage_0 log file at the time:

Mon 10/31 13:04:29.442 No more children...
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.442 removing last widget Menu - Sub Menu Placeholder
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.442 Rename Original Main Menu
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.448 Rename STVImported Hook
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.453 setUI(sage.bg@6e2ce6[Dynamic Main Menu by nielm]) histIdx=3 uiHistory=[sage.bg@7b124c[Main Menu -- Original], sage.bg@dc1137[Setup Menu], sage.bg@a28a58[Detailed Setup], sage.bg@6e2ce6[Dynamic Main Menu by nielm]]
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.444 Loading Menu
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.444 Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:new_net_sf_sageplugins_sagemenu_SageMenuReader
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.445 Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:new_net_sf_sageplugins_sagemenu_SageMenuReader
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.445 Catbert Method Lookup Failure for:new_net_sf_sageplugins_sagemenu_SageMenuReader
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.460 AWTThread Hang Detected - hang time = 750
Mon 10/31 13:04:29.506 PM currState=3 wakeupTime=Mon 10/31/2005 18:28:00.000

Any ideas of what's gone wrong here?

Regards,
Ben
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Lucas -- try changing the charset info in the top of the XML to a greek charset (iso-8859-somthing), or to Unicode (UTF-16)...
Niel,

tried those without success. UTF-8 is the correct value, since I use that for xmltv data and it works fine in the EPG.

ISO-8859 gets past the error but the characters are shown translated wrongly.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is a great plug - in. I just upgraded to v4 and I am getting the same thing as Ben_gb "Failed to load SageMenuReader class". I downloaded the latest version (3.4) of the import and still get the same issue.

Any ideas?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi
This is a great plug - in. I just upgraded to v4 and I am getting the same thing as Ben_gb "Failed to load SageMenuReader class". I downloaded the latest version (3.4) of the import and still get the same issue.
Any ideas?
I was getting that error when I first tried to install Neilm's into a clean v4, but literally when I stopped and restarted Sage, Neilm's was LOADED and working. Odd.

If you didn't, shut down Sage, perhaps reboot to insure it's cleared out, and see if it's there when you bring it back up?

-Greg
Old 11-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Make sure that you download the updated menu file too since some of the menus changed in v3/v4. If you use a v2 xml file you may get an error if it is trying to display a menu from v2 that doesn't exist in v4.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
(*) These internal submenus are disabled by default so that you do not see them when going back from, eg recording schedule or detailed setup menus.
I read this to mean that, for example, when issuing the Back command from the weather screen, one would come back to the Media Center screen skipping the Online Services screen that was skipped going in. (The custom menu removed the Online services menu item and replaced it with a direct link to Weather.) However, instead of:

Main Menu
>Media Center
>Weather
<Media Center
<Main Menu

I get:

Main Menu
>Media Center
>Weather
<Online Services
<Media Center
<Main Menu

Shouldn't the Online Services menu get skipped in both directions?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
You would think so. I saw the same issue myself. Perhaps nielm missed one? Or else, maybe it is hard coded that way?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Sage Expert

Is there a way to get to the options menu for this in the "unsupported" malore style recordings?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:03 AM
SageTVaholic

just FYI: at the moment, if you save the XML file from within Sage, it will save as iso-8859-1 so be careful...
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Nielm, I tried to get your attention earlier in this thread about the possibility of enhancing the Scheduled Recordings Panel to be a little more multi-tuner friendly.

Do you think I would be over my head to try to do it myself if I'm a beginer in Studio (but understand programming logic)? Maybe with a little bit of guidance? I attached a VERY rough example of what it would look like. The arrow keys can be "up" and "down" instead of "left" and "right" to scroll if you have more than 3 tuners.

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new-scheduledrecordingspanel.jpg (119.4 KB, 776 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
I read this to mean that, for example, when issuing the Back command from the weather screen, one would come back to the Media Center screen skipping the Online Services screen that was skipped going in. (The custom menu removed the Online services menu item and replaced it with a direct link to Weather.) However, instead of:

Main Menu
>Media Center
>Weather
<Media Center
<Main Menu

I get:

Main Menu
>Media Center
>Weather
<Online Services
<Media Center
<Main Menu

Using Studio I fixed this in about 5 minutes.

I just found the back item in the Weather menu and replaced it with one that points to the Library.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Sage User

Install problem

I've recently upgraded to v4 and wanted to see what all the fuss was about with the Dynamic Menu import. When I initially do the import, everything looks great. I get the status bar at the bottom of the screen and everything looks like it should. When I exit out and come back into SageTV the next time.. everything is missing. You go to any menu item and it all turns to text with each subsequent menu getting overlaid on top of that text.. very ugly. Sometime isnt getting saved it seems when I exit out of Sage. Any ideas?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbrad2
You go to any menu item and it all turns to text with each subsequent menu getting overlaid on top of that text.. very ugly. Sometime isnt getting saved it seems when I exit out of Sage. Any ideas?
the background image is missing... this should be background.jpg in the same folder as the STV file...
Have you enabled the 'hidden extras'?
Did you copy the STV file into a different folder?

Also check sage.properties for the value of ui/background_image

edit: other thread dealing with the same problem

Last edited by nielm; 12-01-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Well, its weird because I can use any other import other than Dynamic Menu. This also happens on three different machines too. I was using Cayars17 Ultimate STV before the upgrade to V4 if that has anything to do with it. I made a copy of the default STV that comes with V4 and am using that in the same directory as the default STV. Its weird though that everything looks great and works great until you exit out of Sage and open it back up again. Also.. when you open it back up, the 1st menu looks like the default Sage STV again without the import. No disk space or record status displays at the bottom of the screen. As soon as I select any menu option though, thats when everything looks whacky. I have to exit out of Sage and restore a working copy of the STV file I was using.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Sage User

Fixed

Ok, I finally have it working. What I had to end up doing is once I imported, immediately right click on a menu item and select "save menu". I dont know why I have to do this since I downloaded the menu.xml file and placed it in every directory possible (just to make sure I had it in the right place). Oh well.. at least its working now. Great job.. this is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Malores upcoming movies

I have two questions

1) I have added the upcoming movies menu to my main menu items. When I select it I am redirected to the main menu screen. When I left button from the upcoming movies screen it takes me to an intermediate screen that has custom guide selection menu item screens. Is there a way to set it up so that when I hit the left key from the upcoming movies to take me right back to the main menu??

2) In sagemce, when I go to the upcoming movies, it shows me the movies that are currently playing and movies that are coming up. If I click on a movie that is currently on it comes up in live TV. Is there a way to duplicate this functionality in this stvi??

Thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
1) I have added the upcoming movies menu to my main menu items. When I select it I am redirected to the main menu screen. When I left button from the upcoming movies screen it takes me to an intermediate screen that has custom guide selection menu item screens. Is there a way to set it up so that when I hit the left key from the upcoming movies to take me right back to the main menu??
yes, if the property nielm/disable_internal_submenu is set to true (the default). This has serveral side-effects, which may not be what you want -- check the dymanic menu docs for more info.
Quote:
2) In sagemce, when I go to the upcoming movies, it shows me the movies that are currently playing and movies that are coming up. If I click on a movie that is currently on it comes up in live TV. Is there a way to duplicate this functionality in this stvi??
This is nothing to do with my dynamic menu plugin... But you can change the way selections are handled in Malore's menus in detauled setup/customize/Malore Menu Options.. See the unsupported hidden extras thread for more info...
Old 12-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Icons not Showing up after Import

I recently imported this Dynamic Customisable Main Menu STVI. I also down loaded and unpacked the icons pack talked about in this thread into the Sagetv directory. I started up the user interface and I see no icons in the main menu.

Is there something I'm missing. Is there a path I need to setup in the sage client properties file to point to the icons directory?

Anyones help would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Request:

Now that V4.1 is out with MVP support how about changing this so that the menu XML file can be choosen similar to an STV or STVi. This would allow me to have more then one menu for the Server and the MVP clients.

BobP.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Now that V4.1 is out with MVP support how about changing this so that the menu XML file can be choosen similar to an STV or STVi. This would allow me to have more then one menu for the Server and the MVP clients.
I don't have an MVP so I don't know what can be done... BUT, it appears each MVP has a properties file (clients subdir?), and the location of menu.xml can be defined in the properties file... What happens if you create a custom menu_mvp.xml and then specify it in the MVP's propety file?
Code:
nielm/main_menu_xml_file=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\menu.xml