SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage User

This is by far one of the best Import for SageTv. It works very well and is really practical. tip for new users dont forget to save your menu files after it is done to your need.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Anyone running 6.5.5 and seeing any issues? Everything working fine?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

That echos one of my concerns as well... I believe we've been lucky that this import has worked past 6.3. Wasn't that the last official default menu that was packaged with it?

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

FWIW I am running Nielm's dynamic menus with SageTV Media Center 6.5.4, they are working fine here. I have downloaded but haven't yet had a chance to install 6.5.5.

(N.B. I always do a full uninstall/wipe disk/clean registry, then a clean install of any SageTV version, keeping only wiz.bin and reinstalling all customizations, adding tweaks to sage.properties, etc. Therefore I'm not familiar with how well SageTV upgrades over the top of itself or one with customizations already present.)

--pseudonym
Old 01-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Status of the project... (?)

Good day, Nielm and others - I'm just wondering the status of this STVi project.

I'm running Sage v6.5.5, and before I drop in the files, I'm just curious as to whether or not I should expect any errors (fatal, annoying, or obscure)
(Pseudonym - anything new to report on your experiences?)

This plugin is my absolute favorite, bordering on a necessity for improving the default STV to something customized to my liking. I am slowly but surely bringing my new HTPC up to par with my old one, and this is one of the last steps.

I'm hoping users can report back in the positive!

Cheers,
-Greg
Old 01-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Greg,

I had no errors...YMMV :-)

I just put up the latest 6.5.8 beta. Instead of doing a cleanup followed by fresh install again, I decided to see what Sage would do if I ran 6.5.8 as an upgrade to my current installation (which was at 6.5.7).

It worked fine with no errors, this customization plus two others were retained, along with all my settings.

The only additional tweak I had to do following the upgrade, is some manual changes to one of Sage's XML files. Sage always delivers a new file and I then use an XML editor to make my changes to it. I don't know if it could be handled with some type of packaging to make my changes be retained during an upgrade, the change is so simple and quick it hasn't been worth it to me to investigate it.

Hope this helps,
--pseudonym

**If anyone is interested, my change is to globally replace every occurance of

<TableWrapping>1</TableWrapping>
to
<TableWrapping>0</TableWrapping>

I like all menus to just scroll top to bottom and not go round and round as is the default...
Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
**If anyone is interested, my change is to globally replace every occurance of

<TableWrapping>1</TableWrapping>
to
<TableWrapping>0</TableWrapping>

I like all menus to just scroll top to bottom and not go round and round as is the default...
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! The scrolling drives me crazy....
DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes I can see that from your picture <GGG>

Your picture looks just like me, when I was looking at those menus going round and round...

I wish this was an option and not an edit, though... but at least it is an easy edit to do.

I'm glad it helped! Thanks for letting me know.

--pseudonym
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

For the forum's knowledge, I installed and used the STVi with no hiccups. I've got my menu system all customized up nice-nice at this point with 6.5.5

-Greg
Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to JCassey Send a message via AIM to JCassey
Seems I am having issues with this awessome STVI. Have been using is without issues on Sage 6.3.10 forever. I decided to try to upgrade to 6.5.9 and am having no luck. At first I tried to just install over my the old version. When I came across errors, I figured that maybe I needed to go with a clean Sage install.

I uninstalled the old version, deleted the directory and then installed 6.5.9 fresh. Went through configuration without a problem, Sage is up and running and happy. Now when I try to install this STVI it comes up with the following error.

[[ see attachment sage_error.jpg ]]

I copied over the JAR's to the correct directory as well as the STVI file and the icon directory and copied the default_menu_v6_3.xml and SageMenu.dtd in the main Sage directory.

This is the same proces I followed when I set it up for 6.3.10. Has something changed in version 6.5.9 or am I missing something here??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Peace out...
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage_error.JPG (65.0 KB, 274 views)
Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Click on "Load alternative menu definition file". Browse until you find the default_menu_V6_3.xml file and choose it. After it loads if it still gives you an error do a CTRL-Z to put SageTV to the system tray and then right-click on it and exit. Start it up again and you should be fine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to JCassey Send a message via AIM to JCassey
Thanks Gerry, worked like a charm!!

Jason
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

^^^ what he said
Thanks Gerry, worked like a charm!!

Scat
Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having some difficulties getting my Dynamic Menus to work since I upgraded to Sage 6.5. I'm running the latest versions of SageMC and java. I have used the same menu xml file for some time using menu icons from CenterSage. For some reason, some of the icons won't load. I can reselect them in the "edit item" menu, save the xml, shut down Sage, reload, and nothing. The icons that still load are in the same folder (TV, Pictures), but the rest don't display. The menu items themselves work, but there's just a blank frame where the icon should be. Any ideas?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Can't get it to work. :-(

Ok. I have tried this several times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the main SageTV program.

1) SageTV won't view the dynamic_menu_import.stvi unless I rename it with an STV (not STVI) extension. I rename it.

2) Then there is an error and I choose to load an alternative and then choose the default_menu_V6_3.xml, which I must hand type since the browse function does not work.

3) That results in a blank screen.

4) I close the program window and reload.

5) I get only the first menu, but cannot go into the settings area. (See picture)

---FIXED--- (I think)

I had to go into Manage STVI and load it. Then ran into some errors. Located the default_menu...another error. Reload and everything is there now.

Setup: Vista Ultimate x64, Sage 6.5.9, dynamic_menu_import_6_4.zip, Installed in : E:\Multimedia\Video\SageTV

Any suggestions? I must be doing something funky,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageTV.jpg (48.6 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by Rigwald; 03-08-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigwald View Post
1) SageTV won't view the dynamic_menu_import.stvi unless I rename it with an STV (not STVI) extension. I rename it.
If you are using the default Sage STV, imports must be *.STVI, not STV. So, if you must re-name it then you are doing something wrong. My guess is that you are trying to load the dynamic menu import as if it were a complete STV (which it is not).

With the more recent versions of Sage (6.x.x) you add imports by going to: Detailed Setup | Advanced | Manage STVI Plugins. Then in the pop-up manager, click the button for "Add a new STVi Plugin File".

I'm guessing that this is not what you did.

To fix things, you will probably need to edit your Sage.properties file (or the SageClient.properties if you are using service mode or running from a client). Shut down Sage completely. Open the properties file with any text editor (ie. Windows Notepad). Look for a line that starts with "STV=". It should point to the STV file sage is trying to use. Edit that line so it points to the defaule STV file (which is called SageTV3.XML). Save the file and re-start Sage. That should get you back to the defaults and you can try adding your imports again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Setup.jpg (71.7 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg plugin manager.jpg (55.8 KB, 253 views)
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
I need to do some quick fixes for 6.4.8, but have only just come back from holiday...
Hi nielm,

now that you are back, is there a new version coming? Is there anything that needs no be fixed for the newer Sage versions? Works quite fine for me but I saw your words above ;-)

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

It only needs new default menu files for 6.4 and 6.5 so that the new (in 6.4) media file browser is used. I also wanted to add a generate menuitemlet function for the favourite channel list plugin.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
It only needs new default menu files for 6.4 and 6.5 so that the new (in 6.4) media file browser is used. I also wanted to add a generate menuitemlet function for the favourite channel list plugin.
Thanks, I'm waiting (im)patiently

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Unhappy Installation not working in latest version of SageTV

When I install the plugin into the latest version of SageTV the following error pops up briefly: Failed to load SageMenuReader Class.

The plugin then does not work, although it is listed as registered.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.