SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Fixed it - sorry for the message. I searched around a little more and found out it was because I had unzipped it to the incorrect folder. Then, I had to rename the XML menu file to menu.xml and it worked.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Am I too stupid or does this stvi not run well on Placeshifter?

All I get on startup is the error "Failed to load xml file".
Obviously the menu.xml has to be on the client running Placeshifter, not on the server. I copied the xml to the client, but I always get "SageMenu definition file ... does not exist" although I am very sure it exists (Vista client).

Any ideas?

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Sage Icon

I don't know about copying the XML file to the client machine. Never had to do that w/ mine. I assumed when I browsed for the menu file to load, PS was browsing the server for it.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
I assumed when I browsed for the menu file to load, PS was browsing the server for it.
On my machine when I click on "browse" I see my local client's filesystem.

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Sage Icon

It's been a while since I played with the Placeshifter, but from what I know, the UI is rendered by the server, much like it is for the media extenders. Therefore, the menu.xml file would need to be on the server.

If you cannot browse the server's file system to specify a menu file, you may be forced to manually edit the properties file for the placeshifter directly on the server.

I seem to recall seen some revision notes indicating that have been some changes to the Sage API in recent versions or recent betas that may have broken the browser for this import. Specifically, I think they were changing the behaviour of a call to getparentdirectory() - in some versions it got the parent directory that Sage was running from on the server, and in other versions it got it for the local client. I'm guessing this import might use that as its starting point for the directory browser.

Again, this is purely a guess, as I have not investigated...
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Nevermind, I was able to download it directly from:

http://ftp.heanet.ie/disk1/sourcefor...import_6_4.zip

I'm trying to download this import for the standard STV. The download is very slow and gets stuck around 40%. Is there an alternate place to download from? I havent used this import in about 3 years, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-17-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Nevermind, I was able to download it directly from:

http://ftp.heanet.ie/disk1/sourcefor...import_6_4.zip

I'm trying to download this import for the standard STV. The download is very slow and gets stuck around 40%. Is there an alternate place to download from? I havent used this import in about 3 years, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I just downloaded from that link and it came down fine. (Used IE8) Maybe clear your cache and try again?

Also at the top of the source forge page look for this line

Quote:
Are you having problems with the download? Please use this direct link or try another mirror.
There are hyperlinks to get it from another mirror site.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 04-17-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

It was a problem with the default download site. I didn't notice the Are you having problems with the download? Please use this direct link or try another mirror message at the top; mirror sites do work. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I just downloaded from that link and it came down fine. (Used IE8) Maybe clear your cache and try again?

Also at the top of the source forge page look for this line

There are hyperlinks to get it from another mirror site.

Gerry

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

Is there an easy way to fix a broken link in here? Since I updated to 6.5.11b the "Refresh Imported Media" link I have on the Setup page has been broken.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda View Post
Is there an easy way to fix a broken link in here? Since I updated to 6.5.11b the "Refresh Imported Media" link I have on the Setup page has been broken.
This actually broke a long time ago (I think around Sage 6.4). It's because Sage changed the default STV, so the XML file that Dynamic menus uses to define the menus also needed to change. I'm not sure if it was fixed in the default menu.xml file in a later version of Dynamic Menus, or if someone else posted the corrected code, or if I just figured it out myself, but I have a working menu item for this now.

Here is the code snippet for the menu itemlet:
Code:
                <!--                                   -->
                <internalScreenMenuItem icon="dynamic_menu_icons/mm_refresh.png" screen="Null Menu Action (does nothing)" title="Refresh Imported Media">
                    <evalExpression>ExecuteWidgetChain(GetElement(FilterByMethod(GetWidgetsByType("Action"),"GetWidgetName","\"REM DynMenu run library scan popup\"",true),0))</evalExpression>
                </internalScreenMenuItem>
                <!--                                   -->
The easiest way (for me anyway) to fix this on your PC is to open up the menu.xml file that you are currently using (you may have called yours something else) using a text editor such as Windows Notepad. If you turn off the word wrapping it will be easier to look at. Search for the word "refresh" to find the current code for this menu item. Delete the old code and replace it with the code I have listed here. Save and close the file. Then from inside Sage, right click any menu screen (or press the options key on your remote). In the pop-up window, select "File" then "Revert to Saved" This will cause Sage to re-load the Dynamic Menu file. You're done.

Note: the lines <!-- --> in the xml code are just blank comment lines that are used to make it easier to see where each menu item begins and ends.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

thanks.

I'll try that when I get time. I've worked w/ HTML in notepad so XML shouldn't be that difficult.

If it's been broken that long I must have only recently used the newer XML file.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Sage User

invalid top level node version: 1.4

I am running sagetv 6.6.2 and tried installing the lastest version of dynamic menus, but get an "invalid top level node version: 1.4" error when loading the default_menu_v6_3.xml.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Drat!

I was just going to install Dynamic Menus but i guess it no longer works
with the latest version of SageTV. Is this correct? I want to use it in
order to run the "Check Email" import - which i'm not sure runs anymore, either.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
I was just going to install Dynamic Menus but i guess it no longer works
with the latest version of SageTV. Is this correct? I want to use it in
order to run the "Check Email" import - which i'm not sure runs anymore, either.
There is nothing wrong with Dynamic menus it works just fine.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting an error that SageTV\SageTV\menu.xml does not exixt.
Failed to load XML menu file.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

Go into your Sage folder and rename the .xml file to *just* menu.xml

I believe the unzipping puts the xml file in there called something like "sagetvv6menu.xml".

P

Edit: This is what it's named "default_menu_V6_3.xml", rename to "menu.xml".

Last edited by Polypro; 12-30-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

You also have the option to load a different file. Just choose that and browse to the default_menu_V6_3.xml file.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

i got this working.

Very cool! I have no idea how you guys develop this stuff but it sure
is useful.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, now when i click the "Browse Media Files" selection on the main menu while using this import, it looks different than the standard SageTV menu.
It asks: What would you like to do with your media files?

Also, after playing a media file, there is no option to delete it. How do i get back the standard behavior of the "Browse Media Files" menu while still using the Malore Dynamic Menu Import?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Ok, now when i click the "Browse Media Files" selection on the main menu while using this import, it looks different than the standard SageTV menu.
It asks: What would you like to do with your media files?

Also, after playing a media file, there is no option to delete it. How do i get back the standard behavior of the "Browse Media Files" menu while still using the Malore Dynamic Menu Import?
Add a new Menu Item ... Internal Screen... Browser files.. name it what you like and and delete the old item.