SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request

Feature Request:

Would it be possible for you to implement this in one of the next versions?

If you provide an empty title (instead of title="menu item title" --> title="") then display the internal title for that screen.

The reason I want this is that I use the internal German menu titles. This way when a translation is changed you don't have to change it in two files but only in one.

Did I made myself clear? I hope....

Thanks,
Oliver

PS: I am also interested in an updated 5.0.1 menu... but far toooo lazy

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone installed Germsage Version 7 and Sage Version 5? The Sage version 5 has additional items on many of the menus (especially in the setup menu) and the germsage xml file seems a lot larger and way more complicated than version 6 was and I could not even get it to work at all. I'm still using my old menu xml file with the new version for Sage and GermSage.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Sage Icon

I have a few questions:

1. When running an external program from the dynamic menu, how can I tell it to maximize the window (if possible)?

2. I'm trying to run Mame from the dynamic menu and it works fine when I launch it from explorer but not from the dynamic menu. Mame will run from the dynamic menu but it can't find the games. I think the path is wrong but I don't know if there is a command to specify the path.

3. How do I find the other commands to add in the menu for Version 5 like the placeshifter and stuff?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there any way to export the menus from one of the SageTV3.xml files???

I would like to get a base of the v5 menu... but really don't want to have to build it by hand. Maybe someone smarter than I can build an exporter, so that we don't run into this problem everytime a new version of Sage comes out.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
I would also like to know if this is possible because all I want to do is use IMDB SEARCH (requires dynamic menu) but not change the original menu items.

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 05-09-2006, 04:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not automatically, no

In any case, editing the menu to make it more like the Sage V5 menus should be trivial to do

If you want to add a menu item for IMDB without using this plugin, The PDF accompanying aperry's movie showtimes plugin, and the install instructions for deria's system montior and weather monitor all describe in detail how to add a menu item to the existing built-in sage menus...

Last edited by nielm; 05-09-2006 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Nielm for the suggestion about adding my own menu items. I guess I have some reading to do.

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

Neilm a while back you said you weren't going to be updating your plugin's until the next release version of sage was out. Now that 5.02 is out are you going to update your dynamic menu import to include the stock online services and help menu's?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

This seems like a great thing. I got it and have been trying it out. My problem is the following: After I import the module, and then edit the main menu, I DO save the .xml file, and then I close Sage. Upon reopening Sage, my menu is back to default. Not only that, but when I try to go into the Setup menu, instead of it just working like normal, I get this problem.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archcommus
This seems like a great thing. I got it and have been trying it out. My problem is the following: After I import the module, and then edit the main menu, I DO save the .xml file, and then I close Sage. Upon reopening Sage, my menu is back to default. Not only that, but when I try to go into the Setup menu, instead of it just working like normal, I get this problem.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Cl

Close SageTV first, then edit menu then start SageTV

Upon closing, sagetv overwrites the menu file with the one it has in memory, thus overwriting your changes....
Old 05-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Cl

Upon closing, sagetv overwrites the menu file with the one it has in memory, thus overwriting your changes....
I went ahead and edited the menu from within Sage, and then saved the file, but before closing the program, I copied the file to my desktop, and then pasted it back in after Sage was closed. This worked just fine.

Thank you very much!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Cl

This should not be needed. There is a save option for the dynamic menu.

If that does not work either, it's probably caused by the fact it is run from \sagetv\sagetv\ while "nielm/main_menu_xml_file" in sageclient.properties points to \frey technologies\sagetv\
Old 05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Sage User

add external program.. can't get it to work.

I am trying to use the "add external program" option but can not seem to get it to work.
I click on "edit this menu page" then "add menu item" then "add external program" I get to an explorer type file browser where i assume i should just be able to choose an *.exe file. Try to choose one and it does nothing. Nothing at all. It is like i am not pressing enter (or left mouse click most cases). I can still browse files with up and down and i am browsing directories with the enter button. But whenever i try to press enter on an exe file.. nada..
Is this feature not fully implemented yet? Am i doing something wrong? Or am I just a freak case and this option works with no problems for everyone else?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Sage Expert

Disk Space Widget

God I loved that thing! I now use SageMC and while they have Deria's System Monitor plug-in which is great, I miss your little widget that was always there. Is there any way to add it to SageMC?
Old 07-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruenerXII
I am trying to use the "add external program" option but can not seem to get it to work.
I click on "edit this menu page" then "add menu item" then "add external program" I get to an explorer type file browser where i assume i should just be able to choose an *.exe file. Try to choose one and it does nothing. Nothing at all. It is like i am not pressing enter (or left mouse click most cases). I can still browse files with up and down and i am browsing directories with the enter button. But whenever i try to press enter on an exe file.. nada..
Is this feature not fully implemented yet? Am i doing something wrong? Or am I just a freak case and this option works with no problems for everyone else?

Same thing here. Am I missing something?
Old 07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

nope, it is a bug in this import introduced by a fix in Sage in 5.0.4...
Old 07-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Using Customized Menus on MVP

I love this forum.... tried nielms customisable menu and it works great, except my MVP did not adopt the changes. Anyone know how and if this can be done?

Many thanks....
Old 07-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsokeefe
I love this forum.... tried nielms customisable menu and it works great, except my MVP did not adopt the changes. Anyone know how and if this can be done?

Many thanks....
Yes, it can be done. It uses the same .XML files that the server does. Just go in and select it on each MVP just like you would from the server GUI. Each MVP has it's own properties file so you can configure each differently.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage 5 Menus?

Has anybody created a dynamic menu file that mimics the default menu structure of Sage V5? If so--would you care to share it?

Thanks!

rwc
Old 07-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc
Has anybody created a dynamic menu file that mimics the default menu structure of Sage V5? If so--would you care to share it?

Thanks!

rwc
I was gonna ask the same thing...
Will this be updated for 5.0.4 at all? It looks like it makes my v5 a bit unstable when I use it. Transparent menus popping up out of nowhere when watching video, etc.