SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

5.3 looks good so far

Nielm:
Early install results for v5.3 look great. None of the previous problems appeared here initially. Will keep it installed and let you know if I find any other problems. Thanks!

srothwell:
FYI, didn't have any wiki problems here.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Failed to load XML menu file

Help! Somewhere along the way of installing SageMC (I used the install package) something with the dynamic menus got royally screwed up. I get the message "Errors: Invalid top level node version 1.3 when parsing H:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\menu.xml". I can drop back to the standard menu. I've reinstalled the lastest version of dynamic menus with the same result. For kicks and grins I switched to the SageMC_16x9 STV and when I enable dynamic menus from there I get the same message.

Any pointers on how to recover would be much appreciated!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfisk
Help! Somewhere along the way of installing SageMC (I used the install package) something with the dynamic menus got royally screwed up. I get the message "Errors: Invalid top level node version 1.3 when parsing H:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\menu.xml". I can drop back to the standard menu. I've reinstalled the lastest version of dynamic menus with the same result. For kicks and grins I switched to the SageMC_16x9 STV and when I enable dynamic menus from there I get the same message.

Any pointers on how to recover would be much appreciated!
The SageMC install package includes the old (v2.x) version of the dynamic menus, and creates a folder net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu in your SageTV directory which prevents the newer JAR file to become effective. Delete this folder, and your problems should be gone ...

Dirk
Old 10-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!

Yep...that did the trick! I owe you a beer!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfisk
Yep...that did the trick! I owe you a beer!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Sage User

Neilm:

Flachbar's suggestion to delete the net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu folder fixed the problem where I couldn't select items from the Main Menu in the standard stv with the import installed.

Thank you Flachbar

Titanium
Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
The SageMC install package includes the old (v2.x) version of the dynamic menus, and creates a folder net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu in your SageTV directory which prevents the newer JAR file to become effective. Delete this folder, and your problems should be gone ...

Dirk

I am having the same issue, but I am not using SageMC. And I have no net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu folder. What do I do. Ver 6.

Nevermind, found the directory and deleted and now it works. Thanks.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300

Last edited by lotusvball; 10-19-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I just tried to update Dynamic Customizable Main Menu with the latest version. If I try to import the stvi, sageTV.exe locks up... the spinning sageTV logo gets suck while spinning. Any ideas?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I thought I was being really slick this evening. I created menu-pc.xml and menu-mvp.xml. I also created STV3-PC.xml and STV3-MVP.xml.

Basically, I want to make the MVP experience as easy for the wife/kids as possible with shortcuts on the main menu for Kids Movies, etc and remove the menu items that will never be used, but I wanted the server PC to have the full list of options.

I thought creating the 2 STVs would do that if I had the MVP run one and the PC run the other. Unfortunately, they both use the same menu.xml file (specified in sage.properties)!

The only way around this that I can see is to have the server PC NOT import the Dynamic Menu STVi, but the MVP would.

any other thoughts or ideas out there?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
Ok, I thought I was being really slick this evening. I created menu-pc.xml and menu-mvp.xml. I also created STV3-PC.xml and STV3-MVP.xml.

Basically, I want to make the MVP experience as easy for the wife/kids as possible with shortcuts on the main menu for Kids Movies, etc and remove the menu items that will never be used, but I wanted the server PC to have the full list of options.

I thought creating the 2 STVs would do that if I had the MVP run one and the PC run the other. Unfortunately, they both use the same menu.xml file (specified in sage.properties)!

The only way around this that I can see is to have the server PC NOT import the Dynamic Menu STVi, but the MVP would.

any other thoughts or ideas out there?
It's been a while, but I think you can specify the name of the menu.xml file in each properties file.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-21-2006, 01:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
It's been a while, but I think you can specify the name of the menu.xml file in each properties file.

Aloha,
Mike
Right-click, file/load in each MVP should do this for you as well (I hope: don't have MVP's to test with)
Old 10-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Sage Icon

Yellow button on the MVP remote gets the Options menu up.

John
Old 10-21-2006, 03:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I just tried to update Dynamic Customizable Main Menu with the latest version. If I try to import the stvi, sageTV.exe locks up... the spinning sageTV logo gets suck while spinning. Any ideas?
Depending what you mean by 'update'...
You cannot re-import it into an STV where it is already imported: you always have to import it into SageTV3.xml (or a SageTV3-xx.xml with other imports, just not this one!)
Old 10-21-2006, 03:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Yellow button on the MVP remote gets the Options menu up.
Sorry, yeah forgot MVP's don't have mice! Right-click == options == Esc == yellow
Old 10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

HELP!!

I'm not sure what I did. But, all of a sudden I can't save the menu definition file anymore. When I make changes, if I select that option, nothing happens. All functions of the dynamic menus work, except for that.

I already checked to make sure menu.xml was not read only. I also replaced menu.xml and menu.bak with older ones hoping that would fix it. No luck.

What's preventing the menu file from saving?

PS: I even reverted to an older version of the STV which dynamic menus was definitely saving the menu file before.

PPS: I checked the version of dynamic menus and it says: (Dyanamic Menu Version 3.4 -- 20/10/2005)

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-21-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

I am running 5.0.4 with your updated plugin. I am consistently hanging the sage client when trying to leave the detailed setup menu. I am attaching my menu.xml and debug log.

I have the following installed in this order

1) Dynamic menus
2) Favorite Channel List
3) IMDB Search

Thanks in advance.

B
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV.zip (7.2 KB, 217 views)
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui

Aloha,
Mike
I've only got one properties file (sage.properties).

-Mike (not you)
Old 10-23-2006, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

-Mike (not you)
Properties files for MVP clients are in the CLIENTS directory with a name equal to the MAC address of the MVP.

BobP.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I am running 5.0.4 with your updated plugin. I am consistently hanging the sage client when trying to leave the detailed setup menu. I am attaching my menu.xml and debug log.
Thanks for the log... that explained the problem perfectly... When leaving detailed setup, it goes back to the setup menu; which prompts for a PIN, which in that situation, deadlocks sage...
Quick workaround is to remove the PIN from the setup menu, and put it on each item of the setup menu rather than on the menu itself... I will have to see how to make it work better than that.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Properties files for MVP clients are in the CLIENTS directory with a name equal to the MAC address of the MVP.
, and as mentioned above, Yellow; file-Load can be used to set a different xml file name (as can file-save-as)